Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

I paid extra to get express postage on some special pokemon cards, and some others I went regular. Well guess which one STILL hasn't arrived??!!! yep, the express ones :(

giphy.gif

Naw they grow up way too fast! Happy birthday to him for tomorrow!

Thanks jessy I will x

OOOOOh my gawd! I've missed your little mans first birthday!!!!! Please give a lil spiel on where he is at? Important deets are: walking/crawing or just plain ol running (them little kids can run fast :p), teethy-pegs, words and fav foods, plus everything and anything you feel like sharing :)

I paid extra to get express postage on some special pokemon cards, and some others I went regular. Well guess which one STILL hasn't arrived??!!! yep, the express ones :(

giphy.gif
You think you've got problems. My former neighbour in Sydney posted a debit card to me via standard Air Mail on 29th June and it never showed up in my PO box. Every thing I have ever bought online from China via standard mail has arrived, but the most important thing, nope. I'm annoyed firstly at my bank for sending it to my old address, and secondly at my neighbour for not spending $10 more to register it. PO boxes are meant to be reliable here, though. Meh. I hope the replacement card the bank is sending directly to me gets here before I run out of cash.

Not sure but it is fast becoming the shit different day. And you know me, I can't avoid an opportunity to argue with people I don't know over online horseshit that doesn't matter..

I swear to Prisus I am not going to waste today logging in and out!!![DOUBLEPOST=1503348773][/DOUBLEPOST]
You do!!!!!!

How's your lovely life?
haha I'm good thanks. In fact, very very good. I should have called you when I was up your way, went on a road trip with some mates. One was a friend from Germany and we took him too Great Keppel island for a few days and then visited all the main beaches on the way back down south.
My beast (4wd) was very nice to drive.

I was watching Survivor live the other night, which is something I almost never do these days (watch live FTA TV) and so it was an opportunity too jump back into the live discussion thread. It made me miss BB days :(

I haven't had much time to read anything else... are you having forum fights ?

How is life outside here for you?

Thanks jessy I will x

OOOOOh my gawd! I've missed your little mans first birthday!!!!! Please give a lil spiel on where he is at? Important deets are: walking/crawing or just plain ol running (them little kids can run fast :p), teethy-pegs, words and fav foods, plus everything and anything you feel like sharing :)

Ok this might be boring to everyone else, let me try keep this short! So we are slightly behind on some milestones but then more advanced on others. For example, he is a pretty good talker and has many words and a good effort at some names, he is even bilingual but I don't expect that to last! He does think every animal is "dog" but is on the right track.

He is defibitely not running, even at 13 months he is not walking yet, but has now managed to pull himself up so it might be close. Previously I would try to make him stand holding onto furniture which he would do but start crying, or once I tried with him leaning on the wall however he fell over :( so he was not ready but is now. Even his crawl is just a bum scoot, so his gross motor skills need work but he is managing fine.

I am so relieved to say he is a great eater and not fussy like me, he likes almost every food even yucky bland vegetables. If anything he is a massive greedy guts and needs to be cut off most of the time.

He is also a good sleeper these days, he has moved into his own bedroom and sleeps through the night until around 5am and then sleeps in again until 8ish, which is much better than before.

Umm what else? He looks like such a toddler these days I can't deal, finally he has some hair instead of a bald baby fuzz head, and he has 8 teeth with more coming through. Luckily as he is lazy and won't walk he is still baby like, but getting a reprieve from carrying his ~10kg body will be nice.

He sounds like a normal, well adjusted child. He'll walk when he's ready to, but if he's making the effort to be upright, it might not be too far off. Good that he likes his food and doesn't have allergies. Encourage the bilingual side. He's obviously a delight to you and that's good.

Definitely encourage the bilingual thing. Being able to understand differences in language can only be good for development. What's the second language?

Interesting article: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/01/26/advice-raising-bilingual-kids One-parent-one-language sounds like a cool way to help the kid learn to distinguish between the two.

Hope he walks for you soon. I'm always in awe of women lugging their kids around, I think they're superhuman. I'm too much of a weakling :D

Haha re every animal being a dog. But yes, that seems like a fair beginning point. Doggies are super cute (refer avi).

I love bilingual. It's why I am over here. I just find it fas-cin-at-ing...!!

Bilingual plus doggies - ooooh, fabulous!

He sounds like a normal, well adjusted child. He'll walk when he's ready to, but if he's making the effort to be upright, it might not be too far off. Good that he likes his food and doesn't have allergies. Encourage the bilingual side. He's obviously a delight to you and that's good.

Thanks KK, and yes you are right. Maybe a month ago I was vaguely wary even though there was no need, now that he is pulling himself up a bit and showing interest I figure he will get there. His little friend was walking at 9 months, but I've also known babies who didn't walk until nearly 18 months.

I'm so relieved he is a good eater and yes I definitely will encourage the bilingual aide for however long it lasts - he really is an absolute delight though!

Definitely encourage the bilingual thing. Being able to understand differences in language can only be good for development. What's the second language?

Interesting article: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/01/26/advice-raising-bilingual-kids One-parent-one-language sounds like a cool way to help the kid learn to distinguish between the two.

Hope he walks for you soon. I'm always in awe of women lugging their kids around, I think they're superhuman. I'm too much of a weakling :D

The second language is Serbian, not quite as useful as something like French or Mandarin but I think any language other than English is good, and definitely in this developmental stage.

That's an interesting link actually, a good idea if it can work.

Oh I'm such a weakling too, infinitely stronger now but probably still well behind the average.

Haha re every animal being a dog. But yes, that seems like a fair beginning point. Doggies are super cute (refer avi).

I love bilingual. It's why I am over here. I just find it fas-cin-at-ing...!!

Bilingual plus doggies - ooooh, fabulous!

I know, it's pretty cute... not sure if he's smart or a little bit stupid to call every animal dog but either way, it's adorable.

Hehe yes a great combination!

Thanks KK, and yes you are right. Maybe a month ago I was vaguely wary even though there was no need, now that he is pulling himself up a bit and showing interest I figure he will get there. His little friend was walking at 9 months, but I've also known babies who didn't walk until nearly 18 months.

I'm so relieved he is a good eater and yes I definitely will encourage the bilingual aide for however long it lasts - he really is an absolute delight though!
Once he starts walking, there'll be no stopping him really.

The second language is Serbian, not quite as useful as something like French or Mandarin but I think any language other than English is good, and definitely in this developmental stage.

That's an interesting link actually, a good idea if it can work.

Oh I'm such a weakling too, infinitely stronger now but probably still well behind the average.
And apologies for being a childless middle aged gayboy dishing out parental advice to a mother. That is pretty poor form in hindsight! Even if Serbian is not a widely spoken language, it makes it even more special, doesn't it?

As for getting stronger (and fitter), probably best so you can chase after him once he does start walking haha

And apologies for being a childless middle aged gayboy dishing out parental advice to a mother. That is pretty poor form in hindsight! Even if Serbian is not a widely spoken language, it makes it even more special, doesn't it?

As for getting stronger (and fitter), probably best so you can chase after him once he does start walking haha
I wouldn't worry about that. I'm also childless and middle aged, although a straight woman, but I think of it common sense a lot of the time and we have both been littlies early on in the piece, so have experience that way. We also have had to endure friends with children, lol, siblings, other family members. Sometimes you just need reassurance and/or confirmation from external sources.

awww I aint been eating much beef since I've been here

Dairy Cattle give Birth to a Boy are mince meat ..........

Got some pics to upload but I am a bit pissed and sad :( I will try tomorrow .......

Reactions: Tee
I wouldn't worry about that. I'm also childless and middle aged, although a straight woman, but I think of it common sense a lot of the time and we have both been littlies early on in the piece, so have experience that way. We also have had to endure friends with children, lol, siblings, other family members. Sometimes you just need reassurance and/or confirmation from external sources.

I have been pondering the meaning to life and being a person that never bore a child but witnessed birth today, a cow I am almost certain that the meaning to life is to procreate - whether it be planting a seed to flower, to give a bee pollen, to grow a plant, or to help another. Anyways, I have had bad news about a friend, now with cancer - it was quick and is not nice and I am not sure how to deal with it.

Reactions: Tee
I have been pondering the meaning to life and being a person that never bore a child but witnessed birth today, a cow I am almost certain that the meaning to life is to procreate - whether it be planting a seed to flower, to give a bee pollen, to grow a plant, or to help another. Anyways, I have had bad news about a friend, now with cancer - it was quick and is not nice and I am not sure how to deal with it.
I am sending you a cyber hug, but a word of warning, I think I need one in return. Just had a horrible ward experience, a young person in respiratory distress, sats 84% on 4LNP and falling, BP hypo, HR159. Emergency is obviously called and the patient has my hand in a vice grip, eyes terrified and pleading. "Don't let me die please.."

We didn't. Pt is stabilised and has been moved to icu. I am currently outside deep breathing, feeling so fragile and I just can't stop shaking.

So I guess my advice, not that you asked, in regards to your friends cancer diagnosis. There is no one way to deal trauma. However you choose to deal with it will be the right thing for you at the time. We have our whole life to process and reconcile grief.

Ok this might be boring to everyone else, let me try keep this short! So we are slightly behind on some milestones but then more advanced on others. For example, he is a pretty good talker and has many words and a good effort at some names, he is even bilingual but I don't expect that to last! He does think every animal is "dog" but is on the right track.

He is defibitely not running, even at 13 months he is not walking yet, but has now managed to pull himself up so it might be close. Previously I would try to make him stand holding onto furniture which he would do but start crying, or once I tried with him leaning on the wall however he fell over :( so he was not ready but is now. Even his crawl is just a bum scoot, so his gross motor skills need work but he is managing fine.

I am so relieved to say he is a great eater and not fussy like me, he likes almost every food even yucky bland vegetables. If anything he is a massive greedy guts and needs to be cut off most of the time.

He is also a good sleeper these days, he has moved into his own bedroom and sleeps through the night until around 5am and then sleeps in again until 8ish, which is much better than before.

Umm what else? He looks like such a toddler these days I can't deal, finally he has some hair instead of a bald baby fuzz head, and he has 8 teeth with more coming through. Luckily as he is lazy and won't walk he is still baby like, but getting a reprieve from carrying his ~10kg body will be nice.
Time for a picture!

Back