Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Mutley and I were talking about you this very morning.

Okay so Mutley is in Beverly fucking Hills! Guess where he is going to dinner tonight?

I will give you a hint, Vanderpump.

Physical first, if he passes that then he has 10 weeks of intense training. So far he has passed 4 different interview levels, the physical will be the 5th.

It will be demanding. He has to carry a gun!!! And knowing how annoying I am, it could be bad for my health!!!

Oh, ha ha ha. SUR? :hilarious: If not SUR, PUMP? That would be a great experience. Wonder if any of them are working tonight? He might have a photo opportunity.

Wow, best of luck to him. Sounds like a big process. I am very pleased to hear you are enjoying your new area as well. A new start can be good.

Oh, ha ha ha. SUR? :hilarious: If not SUR, PUMP? That would be a great experience. Wonder if any of them are working tonight? He might have a photo opportunity.

Wow, best of luck to him. Sounds like a big process. I am very pleased to hear you are enjoying your new area as well. A new start can be good.
Pump!

I will find out tomorrow how it went.

How is your little life?

How you going KK?

SCUH is absolutely unbelievable! It is like the Taj Mahal of hospitals![DOUBLEPOST=1491719057][/DOUBLEPOST]
THIS
Helloooo! I'm hanging in there. I was thinking of you yesterday, wondering how you were. My permanent nights are coming to an end on April 24th. That will be ten months done and dusted. I'm in the middle of training my replacement on nights and I will go back to relieving every other shift in the department. I was relieving someone who went on LSL and then retired so it got extended by a few months.
Nothing else to report.
Doing nights Easter weekend.
Good to know that work is keeping you on your toes. A gun totin' pardner. Dream job. He's going to be a cowboy and wants you to be his cowgirl.

giphy.gif

@Trala - heeellloo ^^^^ that's for you :kiss: :kiss:

work has been so hectic! Finally got a new person started & hopefully I will get my lunchbreaks back to catch up in here :D

This is my first year with only 1 kid being an easter bunny believer. Lucky for me his big sister has the down low & is being a very good helper :D

Melbourne. Here for work and ended up in emergency wed morning. I have laberinthitis, which is effecting balance and vision. Got to get home to Adelaide which is not going to be pleasant. Thanks for well wishes

Hope you made it home & are feeling a bit better :)

@jessy_girl - need a baby update. STAT! I'm guessing he is crawling/wriggling around now? (seriously scary the first time you leave them on the floor, duck to the loo, and they are NOT where you left them! :p)

Hey ye all!!

Life is good here. Must be the dirt under my fingernails that give me a charge of life, when I clean them 4 times a day! I am cutting edges on the lawn with a steak knife atm and then it will only need a little clip every week, after that. Have established a very well manicured lawn and garden so far. My Vegies have been awesome and so need to plant my winter crops of Broc, Cauli, sweet peas, spinach asap. I try to plant stuff that costs a lot. I have onions and leeks that will be ready really soon.

The chooks have started to lay - have 5 chookies and 3 are only productive atm - I thought they were all the same age when bought - but they were not :( Isa Browns they are - soon will have around 35 eggs a week, which I will be able to give most away or trade with ;)

Have mainly been eating seafood and vegies and chicken these days. After making friends with the Steers grazing around here, I have no yearning for a beef steak that I once did. I can still eat Chicken, because they totally piss me off, when I let them out for a scratch every afternoon and then they destroy my new crops .......... I just need to be one step ahead and foresee where they are going to scratch and do their stuff.

Joy is an amazing farm dog. She has taken on the role. She rounds them up! Chooks and Cows! Yesterday, the Steers broke though a gate and it was like mayhem. Around 60 steers were all over the place - munching on my neighbours front and back yard, her veggie patch, in the feed barn ripping up stuff they should not - trying to get in our yard - ripping the lilli pilli fruit of the branches, almost on the road, shitting everywhere etc etc etc. Thank goodness they did not have guns! Anyway, Joy rounded them up to where they should be within minutes. So Proud! She wants to be on the farm payroll

It has been 6 months since I have landed here. To think that I had no idea where I would be living and thought that a swag was going to be my home was really scary. I put out for something good and I got it. I am very thankful.

This week, I have had at least 4 people say to me how well I look and I am happy for that feedback. It was a really bad place I was living before - but now, well, I am happy to head out every morning with my steak knife in hand, to manicure the gardens (that I don't not own) but to just give something back to make everyone admire and like.

Life is good here.

Love to All xxxxxxx

@jessy_girl - need a baby update. STAT! I'm guessing he is crawling/wriggling around now? (seriously scary the first time you leave them on the floor, duck to the loo, and they are NOT where you left them! :p)

Hello! Hard to believe (for me at least) but my baby is now 9 months old!! Thankfully for me who spends every waking moment with him he's not crawling yet, so I can still pee in peace! Hopefully he shows signs of movement soon though. He is a chatterbox and doesn't shut up and when he wants something I'm like 90% sure he says Mama, possibly wishful thinking on my part and extrapolation of his jumbled baby talk.

Oh and typical of my child, not crawling yet but an absolute master at eating, he likes almost every food and will not leave a crumb and is so good at feeding himself. It's honestly his best skill haha.

giphy.gif

@Trala - heeellloo ^^^^ that's for you :kiss: :kiss:

work has been so hectic! Finally got a new person started & hopefully I will get my lunchbreaks back to catch up in here :D

This is my first year with only 1 kid being an easter bunny believer. Lucky for me his big sister has the down low & is being a very good helper :D
Omgggggg!

Coopsie!!! I miss OT and you too!

My new job is hectic too! I had no idea how lacking in skill I was. In my old ward I was a big fish in a small pond, in this fast paced acute setting I am like omgg jesus help me! I am doing 6 nights per fortnight too and I never realised nights could be so awesome! 6 is too many tho, I have mentioned it to the roster organiser.

We are getting our pool overhauled today, they drained it yesterday. It is an old pool and needed relining. It had a concrete painted base, today we pebblecrete. There will be before and after pics, so stay tuned.

Can't believe how big the kids are getting. Kids are the best gauge when it comes to time gone by. When we met your little man was shitting his nappy and licking floorboards!

Happy Khmer New Year!

in7lhg.jpg

Happy Songkran! (Thailand)

happy-songkran.png

And Happy Easter (if that's your thing). :D
Hello Timmy!

How's life in the Phood?

Surely it's time for a Reno update!!

How is this for silly? Junior still makes me sad!!! Just lie and tell me you found her!

Hey ye all!!

Life is good here. Must be the dirt under my fingernails that give me a charge of life, when I clean them 4 times a day! I am cutting edges on the lawn with a steak knife atm and then it will only need a little clip every week, after that. Have established a very well manicured lawn and garden so far. My Vegies have been awesome and so need to plant my winter crops of Broc, Cauli, sweet peas, spinach asap. I try to plant stuff that costs a lot. I have onions and leeks that will be ready really soon.

The chooks have started to lay - have 5 chookies and 3 are only productive atm - I thought they were all the same age when bought - but they were not :( Isa Browns they are - soon will have around 35 eggs a week, which I will be able to give most away or trade with ;)

Have mainly been eating seafood and vegies and chicken these days. After making friends with the Steers grazing around here, I have no yearning for a beef steak that I once did. I can still eat Chicken, because they totally piss me off, when I let them out for a scratch every afternoon and then they destroy my new crops .......... I just need to be one step ahead and foresee where they are going to scratch and do their stuff.

Joy is an amazing farm dog. She has taken on the role. She rounds them up! Chooks and Cows! Yesterday, the Steers broke though a gate and it was like mayhem. Around 60 steers were all over the place - munching on my neighbours front and back yard, her veggie patch, in the feed barn ripping up stuff they should not - trying to get in our yard - ripping the lilli pilli fruit of the branches, almost on the road, shitting everywhere etc etc etc. Thank goodness they did not have guns! Anyway, Joy rounded them up to where they should be within minutes. So Proud! She wants to be on the farm payroll

It has been 6 months since I have landed here. To think that I had no idea where I would be living and thought that a swag was going to be my home was really scary. I put out for something good and I got it. I am very thankful.

This week, I have had at least 4 people say to me how well I look and I am happy for that feedback. It was a really bad place I was living before - but now, well, I am happy to head out every morning with my steak knife in hand, to manicure the gardens (that I don't not own) but to just give something back to make everyone admire and like.

Life is good here.

Love to All xxxxxxx
Omg!

Hi Deb!!!!!

I am so happy to hear you are happy!

You should feel proud. You were proactive and you made it happen. Seriously I would love to see some pics!!!!

Sending love right back at Cha Xo

Hello! Hard to believe (for me at least) but my baby is now 9 months old!! Thankfully for me who spends every waking moment with him he's not crawling yet, so I can still pee in peace! Hopefully he shows signs of movement soon though. He is a chatterbox and doesn't shut up and when he wants something I'm like 90% sure he says Mama, possibly wishful thinking on my part and extrapolation of his jumbled baby talk.

Oh and typical of my child, not crawling yet but an absolute master at eating, he likes almost every food and will not leave a crumb and is so good at feeding himself. It's honestly his best skill haha.
Speaking of kids being gauges of time past! 9 months?!?! He has been out longer than he was in!

Please send us some pics!

And don't get too excited thinking your baby eats anything, once their taste buds wake up, they can be a nightmare when it comes to diet. At one my son ate anything! I was so proud not to have a fussy eater. But he took it to the extreme, the things he ate!!! He was has been caught with not only dog poo in his mouth, one day I caught him with a DEAD BIRD!!! It was a chick that had either fallen or been taken from the nest, seriously I turned around and there he was, chick hanging from his mouth like a fucking cigar! I still retch at the thought. If I move on to two, I swear his diet consisted of S26, 14 sultanas, a yoplait, 2 teaspoons of mashed vegetables and a half a weetbix. I remember taking him to the doctor (I used to keep a food diary) and the doctor told me to stop making food an issue, he said no toddler who is offered food has ever died of starvation, I took his advice and stopped stressing. It was a trying time. I remember it as the starved tantrum year :laugh:

How good does that gurgling giggle sound?! I am so happy for you! How has Mike taken to baby duties? He and your sister haven't got kids yet have they?

Good Moanin Faux T thread!

Hey @Affable, I have fallen in love with Australias real housewives due to the Melbourne and Sydney series. Mutley was DISGUSTED I had never seen the US version and I am ADDICTED!

I now know who Stassi is! I am up to Season 4, poor Brandi is a hot mess...

Big shout out to all my friends in here. Hope everyone is living their dream!

Hey @Affable, I have fallen in love with Australias real housewives due to the Melbourne and Sydney series. Mutley was DISGUSTED I had never seen the US version and I am ADDICTED!

Stassi is a pain.

A ha ha! I love it!

The Australian versions are so good. They make me laugh.

Wow, you are watching the Beverly Hills one too? Stassi is great - very good on Vanderpump Rules.

Hello Timmy!

How's life in the Phood?

Surely it's time for a Reno update!!

How is this for silly? Junior still makes me sad!!! Just lie and tell me you found her!

Hey Lalas! Life is truly awesome.

Reno update...? In posting this, I'm getting into deep spoiler territory now as it's meant to be completed in less than a month! So here's a tantalising glimpse, House Rules style:

33wyqRv.jpg

...don't be fooled by plasterboard, there is zero kitchen or bathroom. Just tradies sleeping (not sure if there's a Khmer word for siesta, but they take a break from 11am-1pm, fair enough in the heat... and they work six days a week too).

Junior is doing well and loving living in Toul Kork*

Hello All, @jessy_girl , oh my 9 months old, how wonderful, still haven't seen a pic of your boy, is he a chubba? @Trala congrats on your partner's new appointment, should be interesting, how is your new job going? Have you settled in? Probably running the ward now haha. How is Mutley?
I have been doing a course in medical admin, it is soo freaking mind numbing, it really isn't want I want to do, but I am near the end, so will finish it. Ben received his Bachelor in Policing Studies, he is now going to sit for the Police entrance exam, and then go from there. He has in the meantime started a Masters degree in Cyber Crime. So very proud of him. He hated school as a child, struggled with a speech delay, and has dyslexia and dyspraxia, was never really great at school, but he did year 12, didnt get the marks to go to uni, instead did cert 4 in fitness, and he was then able to go to uni. Anyway still has a few more hoops to jump before he gets to where he wants to go.
I know the world is flavoured with many different types of people, and each to their own, in one of my face book groups, a person posted about her new reborn baby. she had her 'baby' in a shopping trolley equipped for a baby, I thought ok, so she just had a baby and is shopping, but then clicked, it was a doll, that looks like a newborn. I must say I found it odd to treat a doll like a newborn, she bathes it, takes it shopping, even pops it in the car seat. :eek:

I am so happy for you! How has Mike taken to baby duties? He and your sister haven't got kids yet have they?

Hello there! I heard my name hehe How have you been?

Oh and no, I am not married to her sister, where did you get that idea haha? That'd make so much of what I say to Jessy seem so inappropriate, plus as if she wouldn't tell her sister about it.
No, Jessy and I are cousins, My father and her father are brothers.

Back