Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Just had a few days stay in St Vincent's and I want to just give a shout out to all the nurses etc on this forum. You guys have a tough gig and never get the recognition you deserve for the gross stuff you have to deal with. Thank you!
Hope that all is ok and you're well on the way to recovery. Sydney or Melbourne? I'm at the Alfred (Melb) in switchboard.

Hope that all is ok and you're well on the way to recovery. Sydney or Melbourne? I'm at the Alfred (Melb) in switchboard.
Melbourne. Here for work and ended up in emergency wed morning. I have laberinthitis, which is effecting balance and vision. Got to get home to Adelaide which is not going to be pleasant. Thanks for well wishes

Melbourne. Here for work and ended up in emergency wed morning. I have laberinthitis, which is effecting balance and vision. Got to get home to Adelaide which is not going to be pleasant. Thanks for well wishes
As a sufferer of labrynthitis and vertigo, I feel for you. Can you go by bus or train instead of flying? I can drive quite well when I'm suffering as I'm concentrating on the distance in front of me, so is driving for you an issue? Stemetil may become your best friend.

As a sufferer of labrynthitis and vertigo, I feel for you. Can you go by bus or train instead of flying? I can drive quite well when I'm suffering as I'm concentrating on the distance in front of me, so is driving for you an issue? Stemetil may become your best friend.
Yes we will catch a train I think. I don't drive much, and my husband who flew down to be with me is in a moon boot so he can't either. Been a bad few months for us! Does it tend to be a recurring thing for you? This is the first time for me - rather scary.

Yes we will catch a train I think. I don't drive much, and my husband who flew down to be with me is in a moon boot so he can't either. Been a bad few months for us! Does it tend to be a recurring thing for you? This is the first time for me - rather scary.
I find it appears most when I'm very, very tired. More a woozy feeling now and sometimes it feels as if I've been nudged. It's always on my left side. Haven't had the full blown vomit/room spins thing since the day of my 50th birthday party, five years ago. I can't watch things moving very fast such as fast paced action on tv and I can't bend down or turn too fast. Mum gets it too and we both have the potential to get motion sick unless we're in the front seat or driving, for example. Trains are the only transport that I don't get sick on actually. Love train travel.
Yes, it's very scary. I find the best way to deal with it is to stay upright as lying down makes it worse and really concentrating on things in the distance. I have noticed when I'm really tired and I'm walking, I tend to slightly veer to the left. All tied up with the imbalance in my head.
Goodness! You two are doing it tough. Hope you both are on the mend very soon.

Last edited:
Thanks @Meglos and @qtkt

@Khun Khun pleased you have found coping mechanisms for when you are feeling this way. At the moment I am finding it facinating the bodies natural reactions to try and minimise the feelings by keeping head still and reaching out to steady myself

Oh my, what a mixed bag indeed. Sorry to hear about your hand and the redundancy but it sounds like everything is working out, especially the dream job!

Exciting about Mr Mutz, his life always sounds so glamorous and exciting!
Hello Momma Bear!

Latest update, hand has healed, the redundancy is funnily enough the best thing to ever happen to my partner, he is off to the doctor for a physical tomorrow morning which is the final hurdle to getting his dream job. The interview process seriously has gone on for weeks. Once the physical is complete he goes into a 10 week training course at the end of May, then he will embark on a new career path. I am so happy for him. As for me, I am week three in a new area and I am anxiety ridden but loving it. It is a seriously acute area and I learn something new each shift, but for now I spend the bulk of my shift with my heart in my fucking throat!!!

Mr Mutz is in 90210 as I type! He has had the best time so far!

So how is everyone?

Hope all in QLD are safe and doing OK!
H E L L O

This bloody weather! We are getting our pool pebblecreted and ever since we accepted the quote it hasn't stopped fucking raining!!

#firstworldproblems

Just had a few days stay in St Vincent's and I want to just give a shout out to all the nurses etc on this forum. You guys have a tough gig and never get the recognition you deserve for the gross stuff you have to deal with. Thank you!
How lovely :)

I hate to spoil it for you, but in my opinion nurses really get recognition and feel the love every day. There is not a working day that goes past that I don't feel appreciated and valued by patients and their families. It is a great profession. And sidenote, for it to be considered gross, it needs to be pretty nasty to get our gag reflex working, and even then there is still an advantage, nurses love nothing better than a good old fashion OH-MY-GOD gossip grossfest.

Makes me happy to hear your hospital experience was positive. We have a brilliant public health care system in this country and I feel honoured to play a small part in it.

Hope you are feeling better!

For you ---> :)

How you going KK?

SCUH is absolutely unbelievable! It is like the Taj Mahal of hospitals![DOUBLEPOST=1491719057][/DOUBLEPOST]
This
(forgive the lazy facebook-type reply, I usually hate those :p )
THIS

Pretty good Tra, though with a dose of manflu at the moment (I joke, but it's more than sniffles).
Glad you're keeping busy and loving life!
Have you heard from Coops?

@Affable!

Guess what!!!!!!

Hello!!

Great news I hope? :D

Hello Momma Bear!

Latest update, hand has healed, the redundancy is funnily enough the best thing to ever happen to my partner, he is off to the doctor for a physical tomorrow morning which is the final hurdle to getting his dream job. The interview process seriously has gone on for weeks. Once the physical is complete he goes into a 10 week training course at the end of May, then he will embark on a new career path. I am so happy for him. As for me, I am week three in a new area and I am anxiety ridden but loving it. It is a seriously acute area and I learn something new each shift, but for now I spend the bulk of my shift with my heart in my fucking throat!!!

Mr Mutz is in 90210 as I type! He has had the best time so far!

So how is everyone?

Great to hear. Things are really looking up for you both. :)

10 week training and physical? Wow, sounds like it could be demanding, but great nevertheless. :)

Reactions: Tee
Actually no, it's been a few months and no posts here since you last popped in, I hope everything is ok.
She posted on Facebook not long back. Kids are growing up. If she was anything other than good we would know.

I miss her little monkey face :(

Hello!!

Great news I hope? :D

Mutley and I were talking about you this very morning.

Okay so Mutley is in Beverly fucking Hills! Guess where he is going to dinner tonight?

I will give you a hint, Vanderpump.

Great to hear. Things are really looking up for you both. :)

10 week training and physical? Wow, sounds like it could be demanding, but great nevertheless. :)

Physical first, if he passes that then he has 10 weeks of intense training. So far he has passed 4 different interview levels, the physical will be the 5th.

It will be demanding. He has to carry a gun!!! And knowing how annoying I am, it could be bad for my health!!!

Back