Skip to main content

Frocks, Frolics and Fotos

^^^^ Sofia bathes occasionally in olive oil, extra virgin, no mention of how much olive oil though!!!!!
doh.gif
:D

...just out of sheer curiosity ladies... is it considered to be 'unfeminine' or 'unfashionable' for women to have underarm hair or is it just because models and movie and TV stars don't have it now that it is considered 'unstylish' (if that is a word)... to have it?... as I said... just curious... cheers.

I don't like the feel of underarm hair on me, wouldn't the hair trap perspiration smells?

Yes, that is the purpose of underarm hair. It traps perspiration moisture and holds it there and the air wafting past it cools the body ( like an evaporative air conditioner') and helps disperse pheromones that help "signal" to others how desirable and fertile a woman is.

Julia Roberts went to a red carpet event a few years ago with underarm hair and caused an internet frenzy! I don't mind body hair - it shows that you're a grown up; but I wax and pluck away at most areas. I couldn't have a brazilian, though. Ouchy!

images

I find underarm hair rather sexy....kind of primal, very pubic,
maybe because I have none, don't think I have much in the way of sweat there either. So i may have no attractive sexy scent!

Quite like a man with a hairy chest too.

Only have hair 2 places, head and private parts - and I think it's getting sparser down there, must ask an older relo what happens.
Chinese blood = hairlessness - but my brothers hate that they can't grow beards.
I would love bushy eyebrows, and head hair that didn't grow so fast (must be all the growing focused in one spot)- it's a pain with hairdressing, possibly why lots of Asians grow long hair, mine grows like a weed.

I kind of felt left out when everyone went waxing, so went once and they laughed at me.

Anyone else got hairy/hairless perspective?

I am of the hairless persuasion.....didn't even get hair under my arms till I was 17....weird.

dear god what has happened to Cate's face?! She looks like a she-male!

Looks fine to me, and she was delicious on stage, the dress is sooooo tight she did a really cute sashaying/over the top kind of entrance - all the while laughing at herself.

And apparently it was the first time this award winning lot have been in the same room together
340508-aacta.jpg

Each has won every award going, including oscars, baftas, golden g, sags etc

And Rus was an awesome charming host

Wow. She looks a bit frumpy and un-Vogue doesn't she.

Well, I looked at that photo and really had to fight the urge to get my bitch on. That outfit is certainly not what I'd expect a Vogue editor to wear. I'm particularly shocked (shocked, I tells ya! Not surprised or dubious. Shocked!) at those grey shoes with the tights.

Gorgeous kid and gorgeous woman - in one of my all time favourite movies Splendour in the Grass, aww so sad.

And is that Vogue Brit woman at a fancy dress party? Must be it's the only explanation.
Theme is probably very bad taste 70s, or Salvos - dress from the Op shop?
Dude with her is rather shabby too - apart from his excellent shoes.
What else could it be???They lost all their money in the economic crisis/a fire/were up all night editing????

OMG my dinner is soooooo good, and I'm addicted to corriander -dinner is satay/sesame style chicken on salad - with a mix of japanese and malaysian sauces, and that's not supposed to work is it MC?Scrumptous with stacks of corriander.
What happened to our old dinner thread??

Last edited:
Back