Skip to main content

Format and production thoughts

Re: the time slot and "family friendly" nature. To be fair to Seven this doesn't feel as insulting as the "family friendly" edit the show got on Nine, even though it ended up in a later 8.40pm slot IIRC. Yes, it's not full of sex talk and nudity but I don't feel like it's getting the childish edit the show has had in the past. There are a few issues as pick out above and expanded on by Tim which may be a bit insulting to our intelligence, but that's more about production choices than the maturity of the show.

Indeed I think overall as much as Seven may want to treat it like a new format and attract a new audience they will be fully aware that a good chunk of their audience are the people who watched the show initially, though of course the family nature of the show in the past means that people were watching it when they were as young as 8-12 or so, so are only in their 20s now.

P.S. Good to see you back Dave.

Last edited:
Re: the time slot and "family friendly" nature. To be fair to Seven this doesn't feel as insulting as the "family friendly" edit the show got on Nine, even though it ended up in a later 8.40pm slot IIRC. Yes, it's not full of sex talk and nudity but I don't feel like it's getting the childish edit the show has had in the past. There are a few issues as pick out above and expanded on by Tim which may be a bit insulting to our intelligence, but that's more about production choices than the maturity of the show.

Indeed I think overall as much as Seven may want to treat it like a new format and attract a new audience they will be fully aware that a good chunk of their audience are the people who watched the show initially, though of course the family nature of the show in the past means that people were watching it when they were as young as 8-12 or so, so are only in their 20s now.

Agreed... I was thinking about this the other day. I think they’re referring to the show as family friendly they’re implying they intend to appeal to a wide audience.

I miss the old format and era so much. This season is waaay too fast paced and manipulated with the editing, it turns me off. I dont even know most of the housemates names lol. Nothing about this show is giving me Big Brother vibes, its mostly reminding me of mafs mixed with survivor in a warehouse.

Has it been confirmed how many episodes there are. I've seen reported of 24 which suggest some non-eviction episodes. Not sure if Allan was talking nonsense but the suggestion he'll be back means it is possible at some point the early evictees will compete to return to the house. Possible they might do a fake eviction too.

A thought... perhaps the early reports that the cast was “boring” (because based on the last few eps, they seem to be quite lively) actually refers to what’s yet to come. Maybe the theory that they eliminate all the great characters, thus leaving us with the typical sculpted bodies and attractive faces, is what was “disappointing”.

A thought... perhaps the early reports that the cast was “boring” (because based on the last few eps, they seem to be quite lively) actually refers to what’s yet to come. Maybe the theory that they eliminate all the great characters, thus leaving us with the typical sculpted bodies and attractive faces, is what was “disappointing”.

My theory is that the person who reported that is full of shit...

But i think it was more a case of them having three days to put into a 90min ep. Between 3 days surely they could fish out some good stuff. Maybe pre edit they were worried.

I think the show will lose character and personality once she is gone unfortunately.

A lot of the cast are quite boring. Could have been casted better for sure.

Considering we’ve had only a handful of HM’s dominate the storyline so far it’s hard to judge...

One good thing if big characters go is that we'll get to see other hm's develop more, I think people like Dannii and shane are interesting hm's but cause of the dominating personalities they're not getting time to shine

Considering we’ve had only a handful of HM’s dominate the storyline so far it’s hard to judge...

True. However, my guess is that the producers have got slim pickings of personality from the housemates.

I hope I am wrong but I am assuming that the other housemates are doing next to nothing and treating this as a holiday. Potentially not giving enough content so they are just going with what they have got.

Interesting, I saw a post on talia's insta saying "thanks to everyone for all the support and being able to see past reality television". I interpret that as she is unhappy with her edit,

I feel bad for Marissa, she's gotten a horrible edit so far, she's barely shown then out of nowhere she goes full Karen mode.

Back