Skip to main content

Flight Club

I like the pretend fights in here, the real fights out there are actually quite upsetting. I'm sad for the ones who feel are being targeted, sad for those that feel they have had enough and now have snapped because it became too much, sad for those that are innocent standbys, sad for those that can't take it anymore, but mostly sad that it is becoming a little too personal. I miss the quiet and closeness that the off season could bring. I don't like the divide I'm seeing.

I will punch in the air and kick too, if anyone else wants to follow, like a battle with just yourself, please join... I miss the non serious banter :(

I like the pretend fights in here, the real fights out there are actually quite upsetting. I'm sad for the ones who feel are being targeted, sad for those that feel they have had enough and now have snapped because it became too much, sad for those that are innocent standbys, sad for those that can't take it anymore, but mostly sad that it is becoming a little too personal. I miss the quiet and closeness that the off season could bring. I don't like the divide I'm seeing.

I will punch in the air and kick too, if anyone else wants to follow, like a battle with just yourself, please join... I miss the non serious banter :(

This fLight thread

fight thread is the other

Well give us your places woman...don't dilly dally!:biggrin:

Ok Nadi airport... HATED IT!! I lived in Bundaberg and went to the airport there many times... Nadi SUCKS in comparison and Bundy airport is a shit pit.:meh:'nuff said.

I LOVED Narita Airport as it was a layover for me for me on a trip to the US.Cute, funny, awesome people in general... REALLY helpful...I did not understand the concept of used women's undies in vending machines there.. but...hmmm... what ever floats your boat I guess.:oops:

LAX.... the fact I am a white woman and near given a free pass through the lines and also customs there. I witnessed a lot of racial profiling and when it came down to it, I was just fortunate to be on the "positive" end. :( I watched a woman at LAX who was in a wheelchair and elderly be raked over the coals and it's because she was not "white"). The woman was clearly in her late 70's at best and frail. She should not have had to go through it.

As to places. Israel and Iraq. You get a different perspective when you are there. Do not believe the media hype is all I am saying. I learned so much in both respective travels.

Last edited:
Ok Nadi airport... HATED IT!! I lived in Bundaberg and went to the airport there many times... Nadi SUCKS in comparison and Bundy airport is a shit pit.:meh:'nuff said.

I LOVED Narita Airport as it was a layover for me for me on a trip to the US.Cute, funny, awesome people in general... REALLY helpful...I did not understand the concept of used women's undies in vending machines there.. but...hmmm... what ever floats your boat I guess.:oops:

LAX.... the fact I am a white woman and near given a free pass through the lines and also customs there. I witnessed a lot of racial profiling and when it came down to it, I was just fortunate to be on the "positive" end. :( I watched a woman at LAX who was in a wheelchair and elderly be raked over the coals and it's because she was not "white"). The woman was clearly in her late 70's at best and frail. She should not have had to go through it.

As to places. Israel and Iraq. You get a different perspective when you are there. Do not believe the media hype is all I am saying. I learned so much in both respective travels.
Great informative post Kissy:thumbsup: ...and you didn't even need gifs to get your wonderful stories across!;)

17m7vw0gguptegif.gif

Seriously, though, this is a good idea for a thread......

The Amazon, Peru, 2011 - just this little shed at the end of some bitumen. Then taken to a couple of planks on a dirty creek. A few hours later I am in the middle of nowhere on the Amazon River with no contact with the outside world - BLISS!
This is what life should be about really, shouldn't it? Let surreal nature do the talking. Likin' it:thumbsup:

I just realized... now I feel stupid
Don't worry as what you say is valid in here too. In almost every thread going, if not every thread, it deteriorates into sexual innuendo and blatant sex talk, rudeness and very much off topic and I can be guilty of that last one at times, whether it be in jest or seriousness. Some of us don't want to see this every time we come into the forum.

I loved flying into the old Hong Kong airport at night among the buildings.
Changi Airport is very pretty.
I always like flying home into Tullamarine.
Flying onto a black ice runway at Moscow at night back in 1977 was an experience to remember and walking across the tarmac to the bus in -20C.
Moscow to Heathrow was bad as I was dying to get off the plane as I had airsickness. Hit solid ground and immediately felt better.

When I went to dubai I was freaked out. You get off the plane and noone says anything , you get put on a bus, and travel for 20 minutes ... To the actual airport

I was like 'errr where are we going?'

Back