Skip to main content

Favourite weekly tasks?

bradnak

formerly BBManiac66
I was just looking at Lightning McQueen's thread about classic episodes and it reminded of some of the Weekly Tasks that we had in the Ten era, like the school task in 2005 with the Housemates in school uniforms. What other weekly tasks do you remember fondly?

I was just looking at Lightning McQueen's thread about classic episodes and it reminded of some of the Weekly Tasks that we had in the Ten era, like the school task in 2005 with the Housemates in school uniforms. What other weekly tasks do you remember fondly?
The task in 2005 where once there were 4 housemates left, they were chained together, so it was 2 and 2.

I remember Vesna hating that one so much, made for good watching.

The masters and slaves task from 2005. I will never stop laughing at Geneva being Christie's slave and Christie was continuously ringing her bell to get Geneva to do stuff for her, I can still hear Geneva say "yes master Christie".

The task in 2005 where once there were 4 housemates left, they were chained together, so it was 2 and 2.

I remember Vesna hating that one so much, made for good watching.
The masters and slaves task from 2005. I will never stop laughing at Geneva being Christie's slave and Christie was continuously ringing her bell to get Geneva to do stuff for her, I can still hear Geneva say "yes master Christie".
Seems like 2005 had all the best tasks. The school one I mentioned, the chain task, masters and slaves, there was even a dance task where they had to learn to tango on mannequins, but Kate had a secret task to steal the mannequin heads!

I like the 2007 "Number One" task where they had 9 or 10 numbers, one for each HM, and when a bell rang a HM would open the box to find out their role for the week. IIRC the first was "Number 1", the 2nd basically their servant as "Number 2" and I think one ended up being the house pet for the week or something.

I like the 2007 "Number One" task where they had 9 or 10 numbers, one for each HM, and when a bell rang a HM would open the box to find out their role for the week. IIRC the first was "Number 1", the 2nd basically their servant as "Number 2" and I think one ended up being the house pet for the week or something.
Ah yeah that one was good. One of the numbers Billy had to be a girl for the day.

Remember the 'looming' (craft knitting type thing) task from 2002? I think it started a mini fad hobby on the outside for a few weeks.

Seems like 2005 had all the best tasks. The school one I mentioned, the chain task, masters and slaves, there was even a dance task where they had to learn to tango on mannequins, but Kate had a secret task to steal the mannequin heads!

Yeah, most of the memorable tasks for me seem to come from BB05 too. I vaguely remember one where they each had to plaster a part of their body and make a housemate out of the pieces. Random.

Is that when they tell them they've released 100 spiders into the house but it's actually 99 and the HMs remain paranoid there is one on the loose?

Is that when they tell them they've released 100 spiders into the house but it's actually 99 and the HMs remain paranoid there is one on the loose?
Sought of, after they've all done the challenge where they had to capture like 6 spiders in a cage, Big Brother said that some had escaped the cage and showed videos of the spiders around the house. So then they had to explore the whole house and were petrified, but he was just playing with them.

the school task in 2005 and vesna whinging non-stop throughout it has to be my favorite of any series

a close second is the the cops and robbers tasks in 2007, which was very boring on paper (it didn't seem to involve anything but doing an obstacle course and sitting in a fake car?), but the prank they played on michelle by dressing up aleisha up as a robber was a classic. also aleisha making all the boys do push-ups without their shirts on lol

i also remember one in 2006 where krystal was crying because she couldn't wear make-up? i have such visceral hatred for all the housemates that season that i've never rewatched it, but i remember being very amused by her sobbing throughout it because "the boys were looking at her weird" when she wasn't wearing make-up lol. that girl had some serious issues

Last edited:
Found even just the intro (well, once you get past Mike's link) to that far more engaging than what is served up now, and felt a 20 minute edit served up so much more than 70 minutes of footage does now. Also 13 years on just a few minutes in and I can pretty much name and remember all the housemates - something I've struggled with in episodes this year.

Back