Skip to main content

EUROVISION 2016:MAY 11,13,15

Gotta wonder what goes on with the voting though. Biggest anomaly of the night was Poland, just 7 jury votes (25th) and 222 public votes (3rd).

I enjoy UK forums about Eurovision, they explain the weird voting and stuff - apparently Poland always rates highly with the popular votes and this is attributed to the very large populations of migrated Polish all over the world, and always gets low jury votes because of this known imbalance.

And I would expect Australia gets votes from places as a nice neutral option - and likely the novelty, we are also quite respected for our music and taste in music.

And interesting, WE, did not vote politically or ethnically it would seem...UK probably didn't deserve 4 points and UK is the only major migrant/connected group that features in the voting, we just like a dance song Belgium delivered

screen_shot_2016-05-15_at_8.32.13_am.png

RATINGS. More of us got up to join in the live excitement

It averaged 302,000 Live this year, up on 263,000 for Guy Sebastian’s tilt.
But there were actually 527,000 watching the Weatherwatch and Music in preliminary figures, when the winner was announced. In the evening it drew 407,000 down on 592,000 last year. It suggests SBS is educating more of the audience to watch and vote Live.

Dami and Ukraine featured in New York Times over weekend, with clips. Possible/likely winners - should be good for their careers

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/14/a...ecommendation&src=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine&_r=0

14Eurovision-web2-master768.jpg

Let's hope Dami Im's global exposure via Eurovision wins her more fans. Dami really deserves it.

Great singer and a really down to earth nice person.

I had to laugh when she was being interviewed just before the finale and she was asked, how would she celebrate if she won? Dami replies "Have a lemonade with her crew":laugh:

So hardcore our Dami ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: kxk
Dami is charting everywhere

Dami Im
"Sound of Silence"

Australia

2 Sweden
4 Australia
5 Norway
8 Lithuania
8 Estonia
9 Ukraine
14 Belgium
16 Denmark
22 Netherlands
28 Ireland
33 Switzerland
38 Finland
39 Poland
39 Austria
41 Mongolia
44 Germany
45 Russia
47 Slovenia
50 Malta
53 Spain
57 New Zealand
73 UK
87 France
106 Israel
157 Latvia
- See more at: http://esctracker.com/#sthash.aS4FrKBn.dpuf

So is catchy cute Swedish Heath Ledger

se-2016-big.jpg

Both - almost catchy. Number one - sounds like f...it, intentional???
And 2, they were robbed, that epic hair, outstanding hair performance:)

My two cents:

1. The new voting system this year was nothing short of a disaster.
2. I think songs need to be judged by the other competitors in the contest only, in true RTV style!
televoting is 1990's and with huge expat communities and neighbor cliques.. just no..

Noooooooooooo.
The crazy voting is part of the fun.
I especially love how upset UK gets every year - regardless of how shitty the stuff they keep sending is.
Ukrain's fuck you to Russia was so awesome this year.
The political undertones and all that is awesome - and I think we gain from old hatreds, we get the oh well give it to Aussies, I have cousins out there:)

If how long it took the ukrainians to choose the "host city" is anything to go by,
endless delays.. Eurovision 2017 will be held in 2019.

seriously 6 cities bidding process over 3 months? 4 rounds of bids..
they got the olympics and eurovision confused.

Last edited:
Anyone heard anything more about Asiavision? SBS/Aus is supposed to produce this almost instantly, they wanted it to be THIS year???

Can't see it happening until 2017, but it is sure to be fun!

seriously?
it sounds like something star tv would do in singapore..
they make pan-asian versions of western RTV. with not much success.

The host city fiasco in Ukraine - biggest non-event-who-cares-but-you-justt-pickk-one-seriously-enough-already ever..

Back