Skip to main content

Dreamworld evacuated - grass fire

I'm guessing mother nature got mad that Tim won, so she decided to throw out her fury there.

surely they don't completely demolish the house between seasons.

I think they gut it. Like take everything out and remove the walls and such. I hope that the house and Dreamworld are OK. I would be devastating if the house and the control room was lost, think about all the equipment that the crew use to make the show that would cost alot to replace even with insurance.

Nah they don't totally. Bare basics/the shell remains the same. It would - again, horrible thought - force them to do a total re-design.

kinda horrible, kinda ok. As long as no one is hurt and insurance covers it all.

apparently it started behind the bb house and was deliberately lit :S

Considering the surrounding bush land, of-course it's a major concern, especially if it gets out of control.

I'm glad the season has ended, mostly because I don't even want to think about how it could've affected the production and flow of the show.

But if something serious were to happen now (hypothetically speaking), one would just assume they wouldn't do the summer tours of the BB house. But there's still the "shell" of the house which has been there since 2001, as well as the auditorium and no doubt a lot of the production equipment, paperwork and original memorabilia is obviously still in the control rooms, etc.

I'm sure the fireys will do their best and manage to keep it away from Dreamworld all together though.

I hope everybody is safe, and I hope they have good insurance here in Queensland!!!

Arsonists make me so angry.

In the unlikely event of the house catching fire, who pays of the damage bill? Dreamworld, the production company, Channel Nine?

I happened to be out driving around that area about an hour ago. I was planning to turn left and go down past Dreamworld but saw all the cars coming out and realised they must have closed Dreamworld because of the fire.

As you can see from the photos, Dreamworld is surrounded by a fairly large area of bushland. There are residential areas nearby, close enough to cause concern, but most likely safe from the fire.

It was weird when I left home and saw the smoke. I thought it was likely I was going to be heading somewhat towards that area but as I drove to my destination, the smoke was more distant. It was only when I was actually coming back, and near Dreamworld that I could pinpoint where the smoke was coming from.

It would have been quite scary to actually be at Dreamworld when it broke out. So easy for people to panic and cause even more chaos.

The housemates would have been evacuated if the series hadn't ended yet. There was one time when they had to evacuate them from the house due to heavy rain damaging the roof of the house. I don't think they had to actually leave the compound that time though.

Nathan was having a bloody smoke again wasn't he.

Make sure your butts are properly extinguished during fire season people! :p

Arsonists make me so angry.

In the unlikely event of the house catching fire, who pays of the damage bill? Dreamworld, the production company, Channel Nine?

Insurance. :p Which is probably taken out by Endemol.

Back