Skip to main content

Dreamworld evacuated - grass fire

inumeenu

From 9 News Facebook Page...

BREAKING NEWS: Dreamworld is being evacuated due to fires burning dangerously close to the Gold Coast theme park.

Thick smoke from grass fires has engulfed the surrounding area with fires reportedly threatening the Big Brother house.

We’ll bring you the full details tonight in 9 News at 6pm on Channel 9.

Lucky the season ended when it did!! I hope everyone is safe!!

Probably a good thing production has ended, even if it is just a precaution.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/11/09/17/08/grass-fire-forces-theme-park-evacuation

I guess it's lucky BB has finished, but can't help wonder what effect it would have had if they were still filming - would they evacuate the HMs to lockdown somewhere?

I would say 100% they would have evacuated.

OH&S is very very tight now, I can't set foot into buildings anymore to work without signing 100 page safety inductions. A lot of the stuff is quickly flicked through but fire safety always gets the full rundown.

yeh would have been interesting if this happened last week. I'd say you're right, they'd just be put back in lockdown, taken off to south stradbroke island for some camping maybe? :D

It would at the very least give the "duty of care" thing a good workout. I would imagine that under workplace health and safety rules if the park was closed, it would be "Everyone out".

After the season that just was, would also be very interesting to see if there was a "Live Update" of the evac...

Very lucky Big Brother is over.

Still a danger to the Big Brother House.

They are doing all they can to keep it safe.

I would say 100% they would have evacuated.

OH&S is very very tight now, I can't set foot into buildings anymore to work without signing 100 page safety inductions. A lot of the stuff is quickly flicked through but fire safety always gets the full rundown.

tell me about it, you can't even use a step ladder without being trained in working at heights these days. Then you have access machines that are meant to be '4x4' but as soon as they're slightly off canter they shut down. Absurd.....

Pictures:

408392-dreamworld-fire.jpg

BYm4QjDCcAE6DGy.jpg

BYmzgZ8CQAEkyZi.jpg

l.php

Back