Skip to main content

Doctor Who

...well that was actually quite good... I didn’t know that The Chibs had it in him... great exciting start with a two-parter with quality writing which I hope will continue for the rest of the season... we recently down-sized and moved to Swansea NSW and have made new friends and lo and behold one of the guys that is a Teacher is an avid Whovian and Trekkie from day one for both shows!... I’m stoked!... someone else to nerderise with on both shows lol!... fantastic first episode for this season...

...back to the episode... I reckon The TARDIS will materialise around them to save them all and when that image of Earth grew to 5 images of Earth it indicated to me at least that this eradication of spies was happening in multiple Universes... plus in the final scene when The Doctor was transported to that ‘forest’ she seemed to know where she was... again... an indication to me that it happened when battling with an old foe... of course... I’m usually completely off course and am wrong with my theories so take this all with a grain of Salt... lol!...

...oh!... nearly forgot... never saw it coming about that guy being The Master!... lol!... well done The Chibbs... bring on episode 2!... cheers.

...I meant to mention it before... I was only disappointed with one thing of that great episode... the rather short appearance of one of my favourite people... Stephen Fry... he could have lasted for at least the second part of the story!... silly me... I thought that his role would last for at least this year as a sort of ‘Torchwood’ leadership role... oh well... better than nothing I suppose... lol!... cheers.

What an epic return for The Doctor! There hasn’t been two episodes so thrilling since Matt Smith’s days in my opinion!

And we’re finally getting stuck into that mystery!

I was thinking the same thing! It really is the most epic story in years.The decision to do 2 part stories is paying off.
It's a shame the viewing figures are down, but hopefully word of mouth gets them back.

I was thinking the same thing! It really is the most epic story in years.The decision to do 2 part stories is paying off.
It's a shame the viewing figures are down, but hopefully word of mouth gets them back.
I think it’s all about online viewing. I’ve seen the episodes on iview so far rather than TV

Did anyone watch Whovians?
I just caught up this morning. Loved Tegan’s Rubber Soul theory - the timeless child is MICHELLE hahahahaha

A little on the nose with all the climate change stuff this week, and didn’t love the monster costumers BUT still enjoyed the episode.

Thoughts?

I quite liked the Nikola Tesla episode. Even made me tear up with how unrecognised/unappreciated he was at the time. The monster of the week reminded me of the spider from Runaway Bride episode with Catherine Tate.

I quite liked it too.

There was a Star Trek TNG episode that featured an alien race that didn’t have their own tech but had stolen it all. They kidnapped Geordi to fix up their ship, since they had no understanding how it worked. Reminded me a bit of this plot.

Back