Skip to main content

Doctor Who

i've only read tim winton's books for high school.

did not appeal to me at all.

though he might have if he wrote a book about tina arena

or climate change protesting.

Cloud Nine?( Being about outsiders, some of this family sound autistic)
Riders, about abandonment and other things???

Yes my mistake it is Cloud Street, strange and mystical, or just a weird family as are all families
I like his localities, having lived in WA it was extra interesting to hear about PERTH in earlier decades

David fans......have you caught this rather sweet UK family film......currently screening on SBS Movies ch 32

images

Seems like some of the touch ups already need to be touched up again.

...sadly I agree with some parts of what he says in the other video in that link... it’s a pretty good take of the latest series in my humble opinion... and just to make it clear... it has nothing to do with Jodies take of The Doctor or the fact that The Doctor is now a woman that I obviously annoyed about in the beginning but is about the writing material that she has to work with as far as I’m personally concerned... Jodie is wonderful in the role dished to her much to my delight... Chibnall has to up his writing as far as I’m concerned... anyway... I really do recommend that everyone watch it... it really is interesting to watch... it’s about 20 minutes long but is right on the mark in quite a few places as far as I’m concerned... here is the video...

...by the way oddjob my good friend... a great video you put up mate... thanks for posting it... cheers.

Hello @Mr Stickyfingers, hope you're well.

I agree too, Jodie is a fine actress and her characterisation is as good as it can be with the material she is given, which is often quite wishy-washy, and the blame lies firmly with Chibnall, whose vision for Doctor Who just isn't working.
What I'd do is : cut the companions back to one for awhile, no more "fam" and definitely no one falling in love with the Doctor. Bring back some good old alien invasions of Earth, and do away with the children's fantasy elements like things happening in dreams and magic talking frogs.

This looks brilliant...........what a great pairing

94453af622f3db358825d80e869bd2e5

Good Omens premiered on Amazon at the end of May. The six-part series stars Michael Sheen and David Tennant as an angel-demon pair searching for the Antichrist and is based on the eponymous 1990 novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Jon Hamm co-stars as the Archangel Gabriel.

...hey kxk... I recently connected and now have Amazon PrimeTV... I watched this show and how brilliant it was!... David was at his brilliant devilish self in his role as per usual... I couldn’t think of anyone else that could’ve filled that role that he played so well... I’ve never been much of a fan of Michael Sheen before but now am starting to change my mind on him after playing his role too... a fantastic show indeed!... thanks for putting me onto it kxk my good friend... thankyou very much... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Hello @Mr Stickyfingers, hope you're well.

I agree too, Jodie is a fine actress and her characterisation is as good as it can be with the material she is given, which is often quite wishy-washy, and the blame lies firmly with Chibnall, whose vision for Doctor Who just isn't working.
What I'd do is : cut the companions back to one for awhile, no more "fam" and definitely no one falling in love with the Doctor. Bring back some good old alien invasions of Earth, and do away with the children's fantasy elements like things happening in dreams and magic talking frogs.

...hey Meglos my good friend... I’m doing very well at the moment and have been very busy in completely gutting our new villa and getting all sorts of tradies in to renovate the villa to as new once again to it’s new glory... plus the fact that I’m about to start completely new physiotherapy at Rankin Park at the John Hunter Hospital near Newcastle on Monday... hence for my lack of appearance in the last few weeks... thanks for asking...

...I’m glad that someone agrees with me... I was wondering if I was just becoming a cranky old so and so or whatever lol!... but Chibnall needs to up his game in my opinion anyway... Moffatt had his many faults in trying to change things such as the rather fat gay Daleks/Sonic sunglasses/ revamped Cybermen that looked like old suits of armour instead of actual Cybermen just to name a few things but he always had the core essence of Dr Who in his heart... Chibnall doesn’t appear to have the same motivation to me at least... it seems to me that he’s trying to make it more like a cross-section of all the past shows he’s written for before instead of the stand-alone spirit that Dr Who should be written as... the show is unique and should be treated as such... not a mish mash and mixture of other shows he has worked on in his past... there!... I’ve said it!... lol!... cheers.

...oh!... by the way... I would probably committ Hari-Kari before I ever say “bring back Moffatt” but Chibnall really does have to go... bring back Russell T Davis and all will be forgiven... lol!... cheers.

Russell's new show starts tomorrow night, repeating this message...do not forget, it looks sensational,
so this is what he has been up to, written, directed,produced by RTD.......has to be fantastic, RTD is a genius,and hell how lucky that he relaunched NuWho....miss his exciting productions..........

Years & Years, SBS 8.30pm Wednesday Nov 6
You must have seen the adds???Emma Thompson looking fierce

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................
I came here to post about Russell T Davies new show, damn I miss his fun thrilling era Doctor

624-1.jpg

He wrote, created, produced, directed......YEARS & YEARS, on SBS November

Sounds fantastic....
2019-10-10_1122.jpg

Go here for more info, what it's about,etc........just 6 episodes
SBS have been flogging it, and preview clips over there

Just saw an item on next series........guests, Steven Fry & Lenny Henry

I have not watched Jodie's season, well I watched 2 shows and never went back for more, it didn't give me the thrills
But, I intend to watch when they do repeats.......but hell,during RTD then I was in totally addicted mode and can't wait for next show person
IE I learnt how to download, bought the DVDs, and still there for Moffat who was torturing everyone all the time.....I love Matt

I hope new season goes well

There were plenty of interesting things the writers could have done with a woman as the doctor, but somehow they managed to make her as bland and as boring as dry toast.

I don't think the problem is with the Doctor. Jodie is a fine actress and does the best she can with the wishy-washy material she is given.
The problem lies firmly with Chibnall, and by extension the writers he hires and the ideas he gives them to work with.
I didn't hate the season, but (from my personal opinion having seen/heard every episode ever) even at its best it rarely reached 6/10.
Even Moffat could score at least one 10/10 per season, and RTD regularly did it.
It was rumoured he was leaving, but sadly not.

Reactions: kxk
Back