Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I don’t know what you guys watched, but I watched a pretty epic episode of Doctor Who, with an updated and creepy cool take on an old foe.
Loved it!

I did say it was "pretty good", and just pointed out a few bits I didn't like.
Overall it came out in the positive, but the frustrating thing is that with a few tweaks it could be so much better.
I have nothing against the Doctor or companions, though Jaz never gets anything to do.
If Chibnall insists on showrunning, he needs to hand it over to someone else for an unbiased edit to remove all the clunky bits before it goes to air. RTD did this, when there were three showrunners, it was never just RTD, he trusted the others to reign him in.

Reactions: kxk
There’s a bit of angst online about the abolition of UNIT for the sake of a what was apparently a throwaway line taking a shot at Brexit (though how it did that exactly was well over my head).

Last edited:
There’s a bit of angst online about the abolition of UNIT for the sake of a what was apparently a throwaway line taking a shot at Brexit (though how it did that exactly was well over my head).

Hmm. I missed the Brexit "joke", but I could have done without killing off UNIT. Big Finish do all their spin-offs if that's your thing - if Chibnall doesn't want to use them then no need to mention them at all. I half expected them to say "what about Torchwood? Or Sarah Jane and those kids...' Now THAT would be dark.
Class kids available to help if anyone is interested?

UNIT aren’t gone forever. It was just pending a funding review. I thought it was a great throwback as well!

I really hope they find a way to bring Captain Jack back. Or even more about the Face of Boe. Or even - halfway between? Imagine that lol

UNIT aren’t gone forever. It was just pending a funding review. I thought it was a great throwback as well!

I really hope they find a way to bring Captain Jack back. Or even more about the Face of Boe. Or even - halfway between? Imagine that lol

Yes, just on hold.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/t...kate-stewart-lethbridge-new-years-day-special

“All UNIT operations were put on hold following financial disputes and subsequent funding withdrawal by the UK’s major international partners.”

I guess that’s implying UNIT has lost its EU funding.

But UNIT was always under the UN so I dunno.

Doctor fans you will be pleased to know Catherine Tate is a gorgeous lovely person, my absolute best ever companion is like that in real life:)

My BFF has just gone through cancer treatment......and feeling like crap
Her daughter took her to see Catherine Tate live in Melbourne, show was fabulous, but even better
They waited stage door as you can, and Ms Tate was so lovely to my friend, photo of them is beautiful, she hugged and was so kind to my BFF

Always nice to hear someone you admire on TV is a really lovely person

I heard Tim Winton on the radio yesterday saying he generally didn’t like Benedict Cumberbatch because he never liked Doctor Who.

Naomi Campbell ubermodel has a Dalek coat

9562170-6681927-image-m-59_1549637966180.jpg

9550378-6681927-image-a-18_1549615975907.jpg

OMG just saw that clip this morning on Rage......and I was astounded
Peter..........aww so beautiful & perfect
And the story behind .......Lewis is a cousin through his Dad, quite a distant rellie, never met.....and then they did

Beautiful Peter attended the young Scot's concert, then went backstage to introduce himself.

This song is to promote organ donations, the clip is so bitter sweet, has been No 1 UK

I got such a shock when this clip popped up on my Saturday early morning bit of rage I like to catch up on what's new
Peter is so perfect.....I miss him as the Doctor, catching him on repeats of The Thick of It

DW is on repeat mode 5pm Mon-Friday or 10am......Capt Jack is just about to enter, think I will do a complete repeat viewing of the entire NuWho

This looks brilliant...........what a great pairing

94453af622f3db358825d80e869bd2e5

Good Omens premiered on Amazon at the end of May. The six-part series stars Michael Sheen and David Tennant as an angel-demon pair searching for the Antichrist and is based on the eponymous 1990 novel by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. Jon Hamm co-stars as the Archangel Gabriel.

pfffft....tim winton is a pretentious blowhard.

So untrue, he is a very humble lovely family man, used to live close to his country coastal home....fishing towns, inhabited by hard working salt of the earth types, he fits in just fine & they do not tolerate pretension.

Have you read his books?
They are stunning, beautiful works of art
I would have thought Cloud Street in particular should appeal to you enormously

I find he is in our top 5 Aussie writers ever
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

But I came here to post about Russell T Davies new show, damn I miss his fun thrilling era Doctor

624-1.jpg

He wrote, created, produced, directed......YEARS & YEARS, on SBS November

Sounds fantastic....
2019-10-10_1122.jpg

Go here for more info, what it's about,etc........just 6 episodes
SBS have been flogging it, and preview clips over there

Back