Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I didn't think I'd like Kerblam! much, and it took about five minutes to get into it, but it turned out to be a solid episode with better characterisation and performances than usual.

...hi all... I've been either away or extra extra EXTRA too busy on doing catch-up computer work all this week to be able to watch my favourite show and have only just managed to make some time at last to be able to watch and review my beloved Dr Who 'Kerblam' episode from last week in a short while... aw man this has been a hectic week for me lol!...

...but just a side note from last weeks episode before I watch 'Kerblam'... with The Doctor allowing Yas to go back in Time to see what her feisty Grandmother got up to earlier in her life... isn't it just a matter of time before Graham and Ryan ask her to go back in Time to before Grace died?... if I was either of them I certainly would... it's only human nature afterall to do so... why wouldn't they?... I so hope that this scenario never happens because to be quite honest... I felt that Grace was a waste of time as a companion to be brutally honest... to me she was such a throwaway character... I really do hope that she isn't reintroduced back into their timelines because I never really liked her character much at all... so please Chibs... don't go there old son... anyhow... enough of my twaddle... it's time to watch 'Kerblam' at last... cheers.

Grace was never introduced or announced as a companion (sorry, "friend"), the others were. I'd say there's zero chance of her coming back in anything other than a flashback/hallucination.

...my ramblings on this episode are too long to post in one hit so I've had to split it into two parts... here is part one:..

...Kerblam!:... total chaos and an out of control Tardis... always a great way to start an episode lol!... whoa!... something is 'teleporting' into The Tardis?... didn't The Tardis update it's security and virus control in it's last re-generation or something?... lol!... the 'Kerblam Man' has delivered The Doctor a pressy and yet she's not the least bit worried that the Kerblam Man can just willy nilly beam into her Tardis?... hmmmm!... strange indeed... Space Postman or no Space Postman... he shouldn't be able to do that regardless methinks!...

...ha!... it's a Fez!... what?... did Matt Smith's incarnation of The Doctor pass through that system in his Timeline and place an order for it?... what a great story arc that is lol!... so is Matt's Doctor going to pop in to pick it up and say "thanks!" next or something?... how cool would that be?... lol!... and... they still have 'Bubblewrap' in the distant future?... cool bananas!... I love playing with that stuff ... (yes... I am still a little child... just ask my sweet darling wife lol!)...

...so Ryan used to work in a Warehouse eh?... so did I... I used to run 3-4 Warehouses for a company for quite a number of years so it looks like I may have some sort of affinity with this episode somehow lol!... and... as I've said for the last few episodes... yet again some great background computer type of graphics... each week they are totally different types of versions so yet again... kudos to all involved with that side of things on the show... my nerdy and geeky side is so loving it!...YAY!... it's LEE MACK!!!!!... he's one of my most favourite UK personalities on TV... I love that he's in this weeks episode... he has such a great sense of humour and thinks out of left field with his humour as I do most times so that's why I like him so much... lets see how he goes playing a 'straight' role for a change eh?...

...ha!... "Oi! you two... that's 'Robophobic!"... says The Doctor as she chastises Graham and Ryan for calling the 'Kerblam Men' somewhat 'creepy' lol!... well... they are aren't they?... I thought so too... in fact... with the way that they talk and behave they sort of remind of the robotic cab drivers in Arnold Schwarzenegger's 'Johnny Cab' robotic character in 'Total Recall' that was voiced by Robert Picardo from 'Star Trek Voyager' with it's overly polightness in that movie lol!... do any of you remember him?...

...I'm really liking the oddball nature of this woman that does the controlling of the ginormous Warehouse... where have I seen her before?... Lee Mack hasn't had much to do yet... perhaps later eh?... haha!... how long until one of them goes down that shute?... lol!... it would be so tempting wouldn't it?... lol!... bwahahahaha!... Judy's "GO ORGANICS" catch-cry and air pumping was so hilarious in its silence and awkwardness after she did it lol!... funny as!...

...haha!... Graham ends up being a Cleaner after The Doctor swaps the colours of their anklets lol!... 'Kira Arlo' is such a sweet character isn't she?... (is she the 'doomed' character for this week I wonder?... **joke** lol!)... Lee Mack as a 'poster boy'... how cool is that eh?... Basil the Robot telling Yas and Lee to 'continue working' as he caught them chatting... stuff that!... Graham and Ryan were right earlier... it is creepy... Jarvis/Jarva Slade? the guy that runs the place as it's Manager is hiding something... is he the 'bad guy' of the week I wonder?... hmmm!... quite a few of them have mysteriously 'gone missing'... the plot thickens eh?... ooooh!... Lee's character 'Dan' is going to come undone here isn't he?... aw crap!... he does... aw double crap!... I hope that's not the last that we see of him... he was hardly in the show at all if it is... let's hope eh?... whoa!... thats a great exit there Yas... well done girl!...

..."safety Rule #198... do not drink any of the cleaning fluids!" says one of the Kerblam men in Graham's induction tour lol!... 'Charlie' walks out of the 'Mens Room' without having washed his hands and Graham settles on a wave of hands when introduced to him lol!... a Cleaner that doesn't wash his hands after a pee eh?... something is not right there is it?... hmmmmm!... Kira and Charlie are flirting with each other out on the lawn... awwwww!... isn't love grand?... say what?... as the others were leaving what was Graham going to clean up on that lawn?... he took his mop out of the bucket as if he was going to clean up something on the LAWN?... did someone pee themselves or something?... how weird... I have no idea on what that's supposed to be about... moving on...

...cleverly done there Graham in finding a diagram of the layout of the place from Charlie there old son... a well worked out plan indeed sunshine... haha!... I love Jodie's body language when she used her Sonic Screwdriver to open that filing cabinet lol!...

2018-11-26_13-00-15.gif

...ha!... The Doctor/Yas and Ryan get sprung by 'Judy' snooping red handed... way to go Judy with ripping the Robot's head off... go girl!... well done in backing Judy up when it was needed in answering The Doctor's enquiries Charlie.. you'll get ahead in this company my friend lol!... so Kira has won the "employee of the day" award... um... is that good?... I smell a Rat... oooh!... when Charlie finds out that Kira is missing he doesn't look like a happy chappy does he?... poor little sod... the only 'girlfriend that he has probably ever had in his life too I imagine?... cheers.

Last edited:
...Kerblam!:... part two...

...bwahahaha!... I thought that one of them might eventually end up flying down that chute but not 3 of them... funny as!... (I'd love to do that)... oh dear... Kira has been put into some sort of holding cell by the looks of it... that's not good at all is it?... she's going come undone big time I imagine?... whoa!... hang on... they're all on really fast moving conveyor belts and have to jump from one fast moving conveyor belt down a few levels to another fast moving conveyor belt?... and while Ryan has his hands over his eyes as he does it?... I don't think so somehow lol!... it would never happen... the Laws of Physics would never allow that to be a successful jump in a million years... (a silly little oversight by The Chibs there methinks!)... and... not one of them got hit by a single laser zap either... jeez!... luck sure is on their side isn't it?... lol!... so the boss in David Tennant's old suit isn't the bad guy afterall?...

2018-11-26_16-29-13.jpg

...oh dear... that vat that Graham just found contains the remnants of all of the missing people?... bummer!... that means no more of Lee Mack in the show... boy they only gave him a fleeting role didn't they?... I'm a tad bit annoyed by that... what a waste of using his talent in my opinion at least... that Army of Robots was a great scene... again kudos to the Production team from me... so Kira's present is just some Bubblewrap in a box?... what the fug is that about?... holy moley... she was vapourised!... and... Charlie tried to warn her knowing that that would happen by the looks of it... so it's Charlie that's behind it all?... hooo boy!... I never saw THAT coming... well done Chibs in sucker punching me then old son... I usually read the play pretty well but not this time... you got me... lol!...

...so Charlie has done all of this to fight for 'Human Rights' then?... to get Humans more jobs rather than having everything so automated?... so he thinks that by killing people that it will change anything?... silly boy... bugger!... I liked Charlie too... but worse than Charlie is the fact that the computer took Kira's life just to teach Charlie the value of Human life that he was intending to destroy?... what about Isaac Asimov's 3 Laws of Robotic rules?...

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

...that was crossed wasn't it?... that computer needs the plug pulled out on it and shut down forever that's for sure after murdering someone... it had no right to take a Human life no matter for what reason... I loved how The Doctor solved the problem of all of those Robots that were about to teleport out... very clever indeed... bye Charlie you silly misguided fool... um... why didn't The Doctor teleport Charlie out with the rest of them I wonder?... too far out of her range perhaps?... that's all that I can imagine for that reason at least...

...well... I really enjoyed that episode... it was like a 'who-dunnit' type of 'romp' that Tennant's Doctor and Donna Noble would have had to me... except for Ryan/Yas and Charlie's rather unbelievable jumps from rapid moving conveyor belts to other rapid moving conveyor belts without any consequencies or injuries I found this episode really entertaining indeed... lol!... so tonight's episode is about Witches eh?... sounds interesting... cheers.

Grace was never introduced or announced as a companion (sorry, "friend"), the others were. I'd say there's zero chance of her coming back in anything other than a flashback/hallucination.

...I never realised that Meglos... thanks for telling me... and... thank god that she won't be back permanently... a good call there methinks!... cheers.

She played a vulnerable/abused woman in Broadchurch, excellently I might add. So she's obviously one of Chib's repertoire of actors.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!... the penny drops!... yes that's it Meglos... so The Chibs is using his Broadchurch family to prop this series up at times eh?... I'm totally fine with that... it should ensure a fine series indeed with that stable of high calibre Actors and Actresses... good move Chibs you clever man you... thanks for telling me that info Meglos my friend... cheers.

Well colour me impressed. The new episode was fantastic, best of the season so far.
O'Brien from Downton Abbey, and Alan Cumming being as camp as a row of tents, counterbalanced by Doctor Who finally doing The Crucible with the right amount of comedy and horror..
Best episode so far for Ryan.
Best of all, some real gravitas from the Doctor, as Jodie is finally given material worthy of her.

Very good episode tonight. What a fantastic idea! A universe that can lure you in by ‘mirroring’ your deepest desires! I was hoping for something ‘Timeless child’ related too but hopefully we get that in the season finale!

'It Takes You Away' certainly took me away. Might be my favourite episode of the season so far.
So the Doctor has 7 grannies now?

Hi! I haven’t watched any episodes of the new series yet. Which ones are the best?

Hi! I haven’t watched any episodes of the new series yet. Which ones are the best?

Hi Rose,
The whole series isn't bad but if you only have time for the best, I would recommend :
The Woman Who Fell To Earth (to get to know the new characters)
Rosa (about Rosa Parks)
Arachnids In The UK (unless you have a fear of spiders)
Kerblam! (a fun episode)
The Witchfinders
It Takes You Away

Wow, I love this.
Even with relatively simple drawings, you can identify every companion.
47254951_2283054208595739_666126282030841856_o.jpg

Back