Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I wonder if Jodie will use her natural (Northern) accent (like Chris Eccleston did), or if she'll speak "BBC English" like David Tennant did (and she did in Broadchurch, where he used his own).

...actually Meglos... that is a really good question... I'm curious now too lol!... cheers.

Victor Pemberton died yesterday at the age of 85. He was an actor and writer for Doctor Who, and is known for creating the Sonic Screwdriver.
Yesterday, it was announced that Victor Pemberton, Classic Series writer for Doctor Who, and also the inventor of the now famous sonic screwdriver, died at age 85. Not only did he write for Doctor Who, he appeared alongside Patrick Troughton in the story The Moonbase. He played scientist-turned-Cyberman Jules Faure.

After appearing on Doctor Who, he wrote on episodes such as ‘Fury from the Deep’ (which is now lost) and ‘The Tomb of the Cybermen’. He also wrote one of the most iconic scenes between the Doctor and companion Victoria. “Fury from the Deep” is only available in specific clips as it is one of Troughton’s many lost episodes.

...I followed some side links on that page Meglos (what a great article by the way... thanks for posting it)... and it went to this link below and it's about possible plot lines for Capaldi's departure on the Christmas Show so read it at your peril... but some of the possibilities sound great... again... it's full of "SPOILERS!" to quote a certain some one lol!... I've even put the link in a spoilers tag so as not to give away anything... cheers.

...I followed some side links on that page Meglos (what a great article by the way... thanks for posting it)... and it went to this link below and it's about possible plot lines for Capaldi's departure on the Christmas Show so read it at your peril... but some of the possibilities sound great... again... it's full of "SPOILERS!" to quote a certain some one lol!... I've even put the link in a spoilers tag so as not to give away anything... cheers.

Thanks Mr Sticky.
I like some of those ideas. However
Reece Shearsmith was absolutely lousy as Patrick Troughton, there was no resemblance either in appearance or mannerisms, it was like bad fan cosplay for me. I'd prefer it if one of Troughton's sons took the role, or it was all GGI with the real one.

Thanks Mr Sticky.
I like some of those ideas. However
Reece Shearsmith was absolutely lousy as Patrick Troughton, there was no resemblance either in appearance or mannerisms, it was like bad fan cosplay for me. I'd prefer it if one of Troughton's sons took the role, or it was all GGI with the real one.

...I so agree with you about RS... he was total shit... and that 'bad fan cosplay' statement was spot on Meglos... lol!... cheers.

...I find this video to be quite funny and quite eerie that Jodie Whittaker was a presenter at the English BAFTA awards on the red carpet in 2013 and a Dalek appears into shot behind her lol!... she even makes a comment about it lol!... if only she knew at the time that she was meeting her future enemy eh?... lol!... cheers.

What do we think??

Bradley Walsh revealed as Doctor Who companion to first female Time Lord Jodie Whittaker
It has been revealed the first female Doctor Who will have a male sidekick old enough to be her father as the quiz show host is set to join the cast

The first female Doctor Who will have a male sidekick old enough to be her father, it has been revealed.

Jodie Whittaker, 35, will be accompanied on her travels through space and time by former Coronation Street star and quiz-show host Bradley Walsh, 57.

Recent companions have all been played by young women, including Billie Piper, Freema Agyeman and Jenna Coleman.

But, having bravely cast the first ever Time Lady, new show boss Chris Chibnall decided to go one further with Walsh.

The actor and writer go back a long way.

In 2008, Chibnall was the lead writer on ITV’s Law & Order UK, which starred Walsh as DS Ronnie Brooks and ran for eight successful series.

More here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bradley-walsh-revealed-doctor-who-11028647

landscape-1500382536-bradley-walsh-the-chase-celeb-special.jpg

A younger male companion would be good. Having an older man seems like too radical a change all at once, unless there is a young person as well. (Like when Rory's dad was with them, that was fine).

Yes, it's a clean slate. The Smith era attracted a whole new youthful audience (or continued to build on what Tennant & Piper had started). As much as I loved him, I think Capaldi caused that audience to drift away, and I can only see the same trend continuing now. I don't think this is the big shakeup they needed.

Nope. Don't believe that companion crap......how or why would a middle aged man go time tripping, nah.
He looks so cheesy:(

Elderly I could get behind, like Wilf is a perfect older gentleman companion

What do we think??

Bradley Walsh revealed as Doctor Who companion to first female Time Lord Jodie Whittaker
It has been revealed the first female Doctor Who will have a male sidekick old enough to be her father as the quiz show host is set to join the cast

The first female Doctor Who will have a male sidekick old enough to be her father, it has been revealed.

Jodie Whittaker, 35, will be accompanied on her travels through space and time by former Coronation Street star and quiz-show host Bradley Walsh, 57.

Recent companions have all been played by young women, including Billie Piper, Freema Agyeman and Jenna Coleman.

But, having bravely cast the first ever Time Lady, new show boss Chris Chibnall decided to go one further with Walsh.

The actor and writer go back a long way.

In 2008, Chibnall was the lead writer on ITV’s Law & Order UK, which starred Walsh as DS Ronnie Brooks and ran for eight successful series.

More here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bradley-walsh-revealed-doctor-who-11028647

landscape-1500382536-bradley-walsh-the-chase-celeb-special.jpg

...I've seen this guy on a few of those UK panel shows before now... he has a great sense of humour and is quite a nice guy so if he was in the show he'd probably be a comic relief off-sider if anything else like Nardole was methinks... but still... he probably isn't going to be regardless... besides... I'm done with protesting against anything new happening in Doctor Who for the time being... throw in whatever you may Chibnall to really spoil it for me if you like... I'm a true Whovian and will never stop watching it regardless no matter what you throw at me... after all... I survived Colin Baker's reign of terror as The Doctor and stayed with the show so if I can survive that I can survive ANYTHING!... cheers.

Back