Skip to main content

Doctor Who

…you are right Meglos… I ended up accepting Jodie… she was brilliant and won me over which I was so grateful for… even though I was quite against Hartnell's original grandfatherly figure way back in the 60’s becoming a woman… it just sounded ridiculous at the time but I must say… Jodie carried it off perfectly… she did prove me wrong god bless her… I’m so glad that she did…

…I never liked Matt Smith as The Doctor… I used to call him the ‘flippy floppy’ Doctor… he over-exaggerated his body movements and overplayed his ‘zaniness’ as The Doctor to me… he never seemed to take the role seriously enough for me… it was as if he was trying to be adding more comic moments to his role than David Tennant who was able to do it naturally with such ease… I feel this is the same with the new Doctor… but he wants to do it on an even higher level to please the new viewers… even if I eventually come to accept him as he portrays The Doctor I will probably still not like him… he seems to be playing the Doctor as a if he’s playing on a stage show in Vegas or Broadway to me…

…”he’s the all new tap dancing… all new singing… all new laughing star direct from Vegas and Broadway that’s here to entertain you!”… that’s how he seems to me at least… I know that I’m being harsh and unfair to him and that I haven’t given him a fair go but I will give him a chance to prove me wrong though…

…but I really do believe that the more they have to please Disney the more outrageous and ‘unDoctorWhoerish’ it will become… again… I do hope that they do prove me wrong… I really do… cheers.

…but I really do believe that the more they have to please Disney the more outrageous and ‘unDoctorWhoerish’ it will become… again… I do hope that they do prove me wrong… I really do…

…I think that I need to expand on this part Meglos… I really do think that Disney will continue to meddle and interfere and bastardise the Doctor Who show until they are ultimately in full control of what we see… it will be ‘Americanised’ rather than remaining ‘Britainised’ as we all know and love as it is now… I feel that’s why Ncuti is playing it the way he is… “look at me!… look at me!… oh look over there… there are nice sparkly things too to keep you entertained!”… the Americans like it to be loud and like it to be full on action packed all the time… instead of the way the British do their shows… they slowly build up their storylines and then add action on the odd occasion whenever needed… you get a proper story told… not just wham bam thankyou mam shows… the show will lose its ‘class’… it won’t happen straight away but it will eventually happen over a period of time methinks… and… when they finally tire of the show… they will just cancel it… not Russell T Davis and his mob… (mainly because of the costs to produce the show I reckon)… they’re my predictions… again… I really want to be proved wrong in every case… here’s hoping at least… cheers.

I'm hoping the Disney changes will just mean more money, and they will leave the creative decisions to RTD.
Ncuti does seem like a very "look at me" hyperactive Doctor. But then so was David Tennant. And Matt Smith. And Tom Baker. And Jon Pertwee.

I'm hoping the Disney changes will just mean more money, and they will leave the creative decisions to RTD.
Ncuti does seem like a very "look at me" hyperactive Doctor. But then so was David Tennant. And Matt Smith. And Tom Baker. And Jon Pertwee.
https://thedoctorwhocompanion.com/2...-why-doctor-who-isnt-being-changed-by-disney/

"RTD has total creative control of Doctor Who, but the show is owned by the BBC, so they’re allowed to have input. Russell works for Bad Wolf and thus Sony, so they, too, have input. Disney owns nothing but the streaming rights for the show, but since it’s streaming on their platform, they have the right to have input as well. Here’s where the worry and fear pops up. Constantly."

RTD said Disney have no creative input into the show

HmmmMmmmm i still dunno how i feel about dr who. Jodie's time annoyed me more by the writting than her (i did quite like her acting as dr who) The stories themselves seemed to be lacking, as in, their seemed to be so many picking a real point in time & respinning it. And EVERYBODY being invited onboard the tardis was starting to bug me lol.
Confession time - I couldn't stand Christopher Eccleston as Dr Who when the re-boot started & never really watched his season. I started watching Jodie over the xmas break & was getting annoyed so decided it was time to watch Eccleston. And holy shiz did i love it! I looooooved the writting & even warmed up to Eccleston.
I was buzzing hearing David Tennant was back, plus RTD, but felt underwhelmed with the specials. I found all the sing songs annoying & it's lost its scare factor.
I'm hoping will come to love Ncuti.

Back