Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

Could Australia handle another round of News Corpse's rampant misogyny if Tanya became the leader of the ALP?

Remember how Julia "The Red Barren" Gillard was treated just for existing.

A sensible conservative woman should be president but not a Trump style conservative. Republicans should move away from that now. It's too intense and crazy.

Palaszczuk Government rated one of Australia’s worst - again

· Today’s Sensis Business Index lists Palaszczuk Government as one of Australia’s worst
· Support for Labor has been negative every quarter since election
· Less than one in ten businesses think Annastacia Palaszczuk’s policies are supporting them

All that matters is the election result. The voice of the people!

Queenslanders: The same people who got Scumo over the line.
You guys ok up there?

That's because Federal Labor didn't do enough work in Queensland during the last election.
I think on balance QLD leans conservative - after all it's the only state where the Nationals have been the major party in the various iterations of the Coalition - so federal Coalition victories aren't all that surprising. People in the other states might get confused by the fact we've had Labor premiers for the past 30 odd years. But our Labor premiers are only so because our state conservatives, the LNP, are so hopeless on the state level. We've flirted with giving them a chance a couple of times but every time we do keep getting burned by them.

I think on balance QLD leans conservative - after all it's the only state where the Nationals have been the major party in the various iterations of the Coalition - so federal Coalition victories aren't all that surprising. People in the other states might get confused by the fact we've had Labor premiers for the past 30 odd years. But our Labor premiers are only so because our state conservatives, the LNP, are so hopeless on the state level. We've flirted with giving them a chance a couple of times but every time we do keep getting burned by them.
Whilst I mostly jest, I do agree that I find it odd that such a conservative state in Queensland consistently votes in a Labor state government. If the Liberal candidate is really worse than the current offering, I worry for you guys. But ultimately, I’m just an outsider, so my opinion is somewhat invalid.

Whilst I mostly jest, I do agree that I find it odd that such a conservative state in Queensland consistently votes in a Labor state government. If the Liberal candidate is really worse than the current offering, I worry for you guys. But ultimately, I’m just an outsider, so my opinion is somewhat invalid.
The last conservative Premier Newman was awful!

@rj90 what do you think about some of the restrictions coming back? I think it's a good balance without resorting to an unnecessary and disruptive lockdown.
I don’t mind really, definitely beats a full lockdown that’s for sure. Is it a slight overkill for one case? Probably. But if it’s what we need to do for a weekend to ensure the safety of the community, so be it. In all honesty, a mask at the shops, no singing or dancing and 20 people max at your house for 2 days is nothing.

When will Anastasia close the borders I wonder!? 🤔🤔

I don’t mind really, definitely beats a full lockdown that’s for sure. Is it a slight overkill for one case? Probably. But if it’s what we need to do for a weekend to ensure the safety of the community, so be it. In all honesty, a mask at the shops, no singing or dancing and 20 people max at your house for 2 days is nothing.

When will Anastasia close the borders I wonder!? 🤔🤔

Well if it gets any worse, then soon I hope.

Back