Skip to main content

Dion and Jake - friends since 2009?

I don't understand why people are so concerned about this conspiracy theory. What would the show gain from deliberately selecting housemates with social connections to previous years housemates? Are people actually suggesting that the producers have some bias in favor of these people? What purpose would such a bias serve? All of the connections can either be explained via coincidence, the fact that almost all housemates are very extroverted and know large numbers of people, and the fact that they will naturally recommend for friend's to go on the show.

It isn't difficult to have a connection to a former housemate when you consider there must have been nearly 200 of them. I almost have a social connections to an ex housemate because he's friends with my friend's sister's boyfriend. I haven't met him (thank God) but in other circumstances people with that sort of distant connection could meet and become Facebook friends.
It's not so much about producers having a bias towards people with connections, or about the show 'gaining anything' from said connections. It's about people with connections having an unfair advantage over people who audition legitimately...and Alex et al consistently lying about normal, average people ever having a chance of entering the house nowadays. Obviously there is a small-ish pool of people from whom the final housemates are chosen, and I don't think that at point connections make a difference or result in bias. I think it's *getting* to the point of being short-listed that's the issue; it should be a fair, equal, transparent audition process that gets you short-listed, not who you know.

As someone who has auditioned for the show, it pisses me off to think that people get through on their connections. Like, if you think about it, a lot of people who get on BB, have no personality, are shit housemates, but fortunately, know someone who can say a few good words or introduce them to the show runners. UGH.

Most of the housemates just want fame, better careers after the show or self-promote. GROSS.
D'you know, I think you'd be fantastic in the House. I'd love if producers at Nein had the 'nads to allow you through. Best of luck in any future auditions, A.M.

Jake and Michael too

81364a144b2e11e28faf22000a1f99f9_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/TfJhHYGG9l/
So I'm guessing the guy with the sauce on his face will be in BB2015?

Back