Skip to main content

Dion and Jake - friends since 2009?

T

tdrive

Not sure if this has been discussed at all, but after doing a bit of investigations, it appears that Dion and Jake have been friends on Facebook since 2009.

qEGCldT.png

Link to their friendship:
https://www.facebook.com/DionTKallis?and=jake.rich89

Not sure if this has been discussed at all, but after doing a bit of investigations, it appears that Dion and Jake have been friends on Facebook since 2009.

qEGCldT.png

Link to their friendship:
https://www.facebook.com/DionTKallis?and=jake.rich89
He said that they had met through mutual friends a few years back but didn't really know eachother, from what I remember of the interview.[DOUBLEPOST=1412654166][/DOUBLEPOST]I think Jake and Lisa knew eachother from auditions as well.

As someone who has auditioned for the show, it pisses me off to think that people get through on their connections. Like, if you think about it, a lot of people who get on BB, have no personality, are shit housemates, but fortunately, know someone who can say a few good words or introduce them to the show runners. UGH.

Most of the housemates just want fame, better careers after the show or self-promote. GROSS.

looking through Jakes facebook, it makes me think why didn't he just be himself in the house? instead of this weird nerd persona he put on.

looking through Jakes facebook, it makes me think why didn't he just be himself in the house? instead of this weird nerd persona he put on.
What makes you think he wasn't being himself? Most of the photos I could see are from 2012 2011. Either way they don't really show he wasn't being himself

Maybe he's a bit insecure & thought the viewers want someone other than what he is ...

Which in hindsight was wrong, the viewers didn't like the Jake that he portrayed... thus EVICTED...

I can sort of understand knowing someone as a friend of a friend and having them on facebook. I have a few friends like that who I cant say I actually really know or have ever talked to all that much.. but I still think if you know them "enough" to have as a fb friend or have hung out with them before it shouldn't count.

I don't necessarily think it's wrong if a housemate knows someone from a previous season, but having two people in the house that have previously met isn't living up to the social experiment of strangers living with each other.

I don't understand why people are so concerned about this conspiracy theory. What would the show gain from deliberately selecting housemates with social connections to previous years housemates? Are people actually suggesting that the producers have some bias in favor of these people? What purpose would such a bias serve? All of the connections can either be explained via coincidence, the fact that almost all housemates are very extroverted and know large numbers of people, and the fact that they will naturally recommend for friend's to go on the show.

It isn't difficult to have a connection to a former housemate when you consider there must have been nearly 200 of them. I almost have a social connections to an ex housemate because he's friends with my friend's sister's boyfriend. I haven't met him (thank God) but in other circumstances people with that sort of distant connection could meet and become Facebook friends.

Back