Skip to main content

Design your ultimate BB house

This is amazing [MENTION=30464]Mr Stickyfingers[/MENTION]

I love your idea to have all these secret rooms with clues and hints etc along the way. Fun for the home viewer to play along too. (Not sure how fun it would be to watch them play arcade games) but I would enjoy trying to figure out the clues etc myself.

Outdone yourself once again. Can't wait for the next installment :)

Oh. My. God!

How do you even do this stuff?!

That is seriously super super clever!

I don't mean to show you up, but I have also created my version of the BB house just for you:-

View attachment 36301

I am not sure why it is so small :(

Trala's masterpiece.jpg

...oh great!...juuuuust great TraLa!... how am I supposed to beat that?... I'm not too sure that I should even bother to post anymore of my stuff because it will never reach the height of your quality stuff!... lol!... and by the way... it's not the size that counts... it's how you use it I'm told... lol!...

HAHA good effort, but I think sticky's is a little bit better....just a bit LOL.

...oh you're only saying that Inigo to cheer me up again because of Trala's artwork... you are so nice!... lol!...

This is amazing [MENTION=30464]Mr Stickyfingers[/MENTION]

I love your idea to have all these secret rooms with clues and hints etc along the way. Fun for the home viewer to play along too. (Not sure how fun it would be to watch them play arcade games) but I would enjoy trying to figure out the clues etc myself.

Outdone yourself once again. Can't wait for the next installment :)

...yeah well the thing is with my idea is Bleachy that Big Brother doesn't reveal any of the secret rooms or even reveal how many of them there are to us at all... the only time that we get to see them is when the housemates work out the answers and as they push open the secret cubes then it is revealed to us too... the arcade machines are actually for the lucky housemates to play that discover it to use... we would not be watching them playing them but just watching them discover it and then we'd move onto something else and then the next set of clues...

...some of the rooms that run from the Diary Room lead onto even more rooms once they work out the answers to those rooms... you have to remember Bleachy that we at home can write down all of the clues to sort them out and also put them together in the right order... the housemates are not allowed to write any of them down at all so they will have to remember each clue to put them together enough to get the final answers... lol!...

...I would love to be doing a 'Who-done-it' Sherlocky Holmesy type of viewer participation thing alongside the housemates as it is actually unfolding... I think that if we had that then it would add a lot more dimensions to our viewing experience instead of just sitting there watching the housemates sun themselves all day...lol!...

...another thing... perhaps Big Brother could give the first home viewer a prize for whoever solves the answer first as an incentive competition to keep people viewing?... I think if there were prizes for the home viewers then more people would watch Big Brother than ever before!...just a thought... besides... wouldn't it give us all something to talk about within these forums... it would be a thread on it's own I guess lol!...

... anyhow... back to my house... (the Big Brother one of course lol!)... cheers.

..hey all... just some more pics of my dream version of the Big Brother house... here is the Diary Room... I think that the images are self explanatory so there's no reason for me to babble on about them methinks... lol!... now onto the next stage... cheers.

Diary Room 1.jpg

Diary Room 2.jpg

Diary Room 3.jpg

Diary Room 4.jpg

Diary Room 5.jpg

Diary Room 6.jpg

Diary Room 7.jpg

Diary Room 8.jpg

...I've picked up a little fault within my 'Arcade Rewards Room'... I hadn't put in a mirrored window for the cameras in the 'Camera Run' corridor to enable Big Brother to watch what is happening in there... so now I've added the mirror at one end of the room and 2 surveillance cameras at the other end of the room for full room coverage... phew!... I'm glad that I picked up on that otherwise I would've felt like a right ning nong if anyone had noticed it lol!...

...oh!... hang on... I've just revealed my mistake to you all anyway haven't I?... aw nuts... I feel like a right ning nong now!... **Sticky blushes**... um... yeah!... cheers.

arcade rewards room 1 updated.jpg

arcade rewards room 2 updated.jpg

The other cushions/benches around the diary room is a pretty good idea :)

...thanks mistercat122... they came about because I didn't actually want full sized doors leading into the secret rewards rooms... a 1 metre square 'hatchway' seemed like a more practical method of entry that was easier to conceal from the housemates... the bench seating with the cushions is on both sides of the hatchways so that the housemate doesn't fall to the ground on getting through... crawling to the same level is a lot safer...

...it wouldn't do having the hatchways on floor level because it wouldn't be a good look for the viewers at home... what I would want is for the housemates and the viewers to be oblivious as to where the hatchways are or even how many of them exist... it would spoil the surprise if they could easily make them out...

...the whole Diary Room if full of padded 1 square metre panels from the floor to the ceiling so it would make it a lot harder for anyone to detect the hidden hatchways... here is how the hatchways will work...

secret door lock mechanism 1.jpg

...I think that when the housemates are aware of the first secret room then they will be wondering whether there are any more within the room... I think that it is very important that they cannot see any other glimpses of rooms through any cracks between the pads so as not to spoil it all hence the reason for the 'lip' that flushes up against the hatchway...it will prevent that from happening...

secret door lock mechanism 2.jpg

secret door lock mechanism 3.jpg

secret door lock mechanism 4.jpg

...I really do think that this system would work and that the hatchways would remain undetected... anyhow... enough said... cheers.

...this is 'The Bar' rewards room where 2 housemates could comfortably sit to imbibe in a tipple... 3 could fit if needed... this rewards room is the only one in the Diary Room that leads to more rewards rooms... the other two are into a single room only... cheers.

The Bar rewards room 1.jpg

The Bar rewards room 2.jpg

The Bar rewards room 3.jpg

The Bar rewards room 4.jpg

The Bar rewards room 5.jpg

The Bar rewards room 6.jpg

The Bar rewards room 7.jpg

The Bar rewards room 8.jpg

The Bar rewards room 9.jpg

The Bar rewards room 10.jpg

The Bar rewards room 11.jpg

...hey Goon my friend... when New Years night happens does all of the stuff that I've posted on this particular thread disappear into the archives or does it all just carry over into next years forums?... the only reason as to why I'm asking is that if I've posted half of the house this year and the other half is posted January next year then there will be no continuity or early reference within next years thread unless people go to all of the bother of chasing down the first half through the archive searches?????....

...will you have to repost this thread in the new year and will I have to cut and paste all of the stuff posted so far for it to all be together?... hmmmmm... I'm not sure how the forums work when the new year starts so please excuse my ignorance... just asking... thanks Goon... cheers.

...this is me a tad bit confused...

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

brian-regan-follow-ikea-instructions.gif

...hmmmm... I'm guessing that this thread has died a natural death then?... no worries... I had fun designing my dream Big Brother House anyway... I might post it in a thread for a bit of fun just before Big Brother starts again next year... I'll probably have it finished by then lol!... (by the way Goon... it was a great idea for a thread... I enjoyed it at least)... cheers.

BB 2014 Australa House - Doin' the splits

Alrighty! Hello everyone. A number of years ago I designed a BB house which I still think to this day should be done.
Below are 3 stages of the house being unveiled (for the full size previews click and drag the images to the tabs in your browser):
BB House Start.jpg
BB House - Pool.jpg
BB House - Finished.jpg
It’s all pretty self-explanatory. It was created using the plan from the BB03 house and extensions to the compound from its 2003 state are shown in red.

The Kitchen & Dining is something that hasn't been done in Australia.
They are split level. The kitchen going up, and the dining room going down (with the bathroom on the same level) by half the height of an ordinary wall.
This allows for a camera run to be below the bench, and also gives the housemates the ability to look down on the dining room if they are in the kitchen.

The water feature has a hidden camera in it that isn't visible to the housemates, giving a different view of the housemates to the viewers.

The maze outside is covered at first but is revealed when the two bedrooms are joined as one. Off that maze is a new version of the Chill Out Room that we saw in BB07. This Chill Out Room Sits on top of the compounds camera run so it’s almost like a cubby house.

The exit for the housemates when they are evicted is back and on the side of the compound where it should be. This time having a switchable glass window that the housemates left in the house can see the housemate leaving the compound. This also gets rid of the stupid idea of the housemates being teleported to the eviction stage

Please ignore the red dotted lines going through half of the houseplan, that is just an original indicator of where the actual interior shed starts.

Another thing, the little room on the bedroom once its joined (Also labelled in the split stage as CWC) is a central Water Cubical. :)

The rest is all pretty self explanatory, but if you have any questions ask away :)

Last edited:
Alrighty! Hello everyone. A number of years ago I designed a BB house which I still think to this day should be done.
Below are 3 stages of the house being unveiled (for the full size previews click and drag the images to the tabs in your browser):
View attachment 36877
View attachment 36878
View attachment 36879
It’s all pretty self-explanatory. It was created using the plan from the BB03 house and extensions to the compound from its 2003 state are shown in red.

The Kitchen & Dining is something that hasn't been done in Australia.
They are split level. The kitchen going up, and the dining room going down (with the bathroom on the same level) by half the height of an ordinary wall.
This allows for a camera run to be below the bench, and also gives the housemates the ability to look down on the dining room if they are in the kitchen.

The water feature has a hidden camera in it that isn't visible to the housemates, giving a different view of the housemates to the viewers.

The maze outside is covered at first but is revealed when the two bedrooms are joined as one. Off that maze is a new version of the Chill Out Room that we saw in BB07. This Chill Out Room Sits on top of the compounds camera run so it’s almost like a cubby house.

The exit for the housemates when they are evicted is back and on the side of the compound where it should be. This time having a switchable glass window that the housemates left in the house can see the housemate leaving the compound. This also gets rid of the stupid idea of the housemates being teleported to the eviction stage

Please ignore the red dotted lines going through half of the houseplan, that is just an original indicator of where the actual interior shed starts.

Another thing, the little room on the bedroom once its joined (Also labelled in the split stage as CWC) is a central Water Cubical. :)

The rest is all pretty self explanatory, but if you have any questions ask away :)

Wow! Very impressive!

Love the secret doors and the secret rewards room.
Very smart.

Back