Staff member
Administrator
The final eight housemates are all:

• young
  • attractive
  • in their 20s
  • extroverted
  • fame whores
  • have modelling / acting / singing / performing / media connections (except Ed?)
  • pretty vapid mentally, who are we kidding?

Isn't this the stereotype that we were told would be avoided during auditions?

Compare this to the housemates in the final weeks of 2001, 02, 03...

Mikkayla is in her 20's and vapid mentally but other than that doesnt fit the demographic.

also doesnt that pretty much describe most of the housemates this year? if not then isnt it an indication of the the type of people BB viewers want in the house?

also doesnt that pretty much describe most of the housemates this year? if not then isnt it an indication of the the type of people BB viewers want in the house?

That's the point of the thread - to discuss this :)

ok fair enough. just wasnt sure why you singled out the final eight. (can you single out 8 people?)

The final eight housemates are all:

• young
  • attractive
  • in their 20s
  • extroverted
  • fame whores
  • have modelling / acting / singing / performing / media connections (except Ed?)
  • pretty vapid mentally, who are we kidding?

Isn't this the stereotype that we were told would be avoided during auditions?

Compare this to the housemates in the final weeks of 2001, 02, 03...

Yep fair comparison... EXCEPT I wouldn't necessarily say that Tahan, Tim and Mikkayla are vapid mentally, probably not even Boog. I still think the cast has been interesting enough. I would prefer interesting people who fit that demographic (obviously without being too vapid mentally) rather than having older cast who are boring and vapid. I don't even care if they are aspiring actors, as long as they are interesting. I loved celebrity big brother and that was packed with fame whores (lol!). They were an interesting cast nevertheless

I seriously don't think the cast has been the issue of this season. So much potential.

Yeh that describes almost all of the housemates this year.

I'd be more interested in the demographic of the average voter.

I dont think you could have gotten two more different people than Reggie and Chrissy when Reggie won,

haha... are you just trying to get more and more people to quote you in their sig?? *(lol... )

Then we wouldn't have had Chrissie!

I won't lie, I did consider that you might change your signature when I posted that.

I wish we had more Chrissie's on Big Brother. Sadly, in 2013 I don't think that's going to happen.

There were older people auditioning this year, the facebook pics prove it. Especially day 2 at Sydney. They can't claim that the lack of diversity is a symptom of who auditions. Although, that said, I would prefer interesting personalities to tokenism and I am happy to forgo boring old people in favour of young exciting ones. I am not saying all older people are boring by the way, just speaking in general terms.

I won't lie, I did consider that you might change your signature when I posted that.

I wish we had more Chrissie's on Big Brother. Sadly, in 2013 I don't think that's going to happen.

Haha... This signature is my subtle (not so subtle) hints to all the quasi-moderator wannabes on here!

Yeah and true, rethinking my previous post... I wouldn't want diversity (of ages/appearance etc.) for diversity's sake. However that doesn't stop the casting from being more diverse, there are all kinds of interesting and fascinating people from all different walks of life.

It's a shame you are correct, probably wouldn't see another Chrissie-esque character on BB. Sad.

There were older people auditioning this year, the facebook pics prove it. Especially day 2 at Sydney. They can't claim that the lack of diversity is a symptom of who auditions. Although, that said, I would prefer interesting personalities to tokenism and I am happy to forgo boring old people in favour of young exciting ones. I am not saying all older people are boring by the way, just speaking in general terms.

That's kinda what I was trying to say. Although I can't imagine that it would be THAT difficult to find interesting people who don't fit the 'mould' [MENTION=1]Tim[/MENTION] described in OP.

Ed's been a AFL player, he's got some pretty high profile connections in the public, I've seen a few AFL players tweet to their followers to 'Save Ed' so that's probably placing him into that 'modelling / acting / singing / performing / media connections' category.

Back