Skip to main content

Deaths of Minor Celebrities

Christopher Hitchens, eminent essay writer / author / atheist dies of lung cancer aged 62.

A great mind lost.

Jason Richards a v8 driver really sad really young

How sad this is Megan! :( On the news they said it was after a long fight with cancer but it doesn't seem like all that long ago we heard the news he had it. One of the lovely guys! Thoughts go out to his family. RIP Jason.

Oh no is this the same guy that did the Ruxton Rap?

The one and the same.
[youtubevid]lBjkiZKj9NI[/youtubevid]

I pretty much disagreed with all his political and social views, but he was a character. I'll give him that.

He was very much a product of his generation and yep, he was a character for sure. RIP Bruce.

Very sad news. :(

Kristian Anderson who met Oprah after breaking hearts with a YouTube video for wife Rachel dies at 36 of cancer
Daily Telegraph

723386-andersons-and-oprah.jpg

KRISTIAN Anderson, the man who made a heartbreaking video for his wife and was given financial assistance from Oprah has died from cancer today.

Kristian's wife Rachel posted on his Twitter account today: "My darling husband went to meet Jesus this morning. It was peaceful and beautiful. Funeral details to come soon."

Anderson slipped in to a coma on New Year's Eve, according to his wife, Rachel, who has been tweeting about his condition during the final stages of his illness.

36-year-old Kristian made a video for his wife that broke hearts and brought them tributes from movie stars like Hugh Jackman, prime ministers and some help from Oprah Winfrey.

The talk show queen met him on her Australian tour last year and gave them $250,000 to help him with his cancer treatment.

At the time when Oprah met the Anderson's on the steps of the Sydney Opera House, she said:
"Kristian , don't worry about the bills."

"And the reason you shouldn't worry about the bills is because you will be getting, as of today, a cheque for a quarter of a million dollars."

[youtubevid]nfZMyHpmhJU[/youtubevid]

Aww, that's sad. That video was such an amazing thing for him to have done for his wife.

"I wanted to be rare, I wanted to be noticed, I wanted to be exotic as a Cotton Club chorus girl, and I wanted to be obvious as the most flamboyant hooker on the street. I just wanted to be."

RIP Etta James. What a babe.

Attachments

• Aeta.jpg
    Aeta.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 92
Etta was SERIOUSLY important to the music scene. A lot of kids probably don't know her, but all the Beyonce's of today owe EVERYTHING to singers like her.

Etta was SERIOUSLY important to the music scene. A lot of kids probably don't know her, but all the Beyonce's of today owe EVERYTHING to singers like her.

You got it meglos she is insanely Important to the Jazz blues Crossover. She was one of my alltime faves. Unrepentant, Uncompromising and...seriously good.

Vale Etta James ....AT Laaaaaaast" you will have peace

Hate death

From TV Tonight
rhe.jpg

Robert Hegyes, best known as Welcome Back, Kotter‘s Epstein, has died, aged 60.

Hegyes died of an apparent heart attack after suffering chest pains at his home in New Jersey.

He had not been in good health for the past two years, having suffered a previous heart attack in recent years.

Hegyes found fame as ‘sweathog’ Juan Epstein the 1970s sitcom Welcome Back, Kotter from 1975 to 1979. Perpetually scheming and always ready with a self-written note signed “Epstein’s Mother” to explain his school absences, he was part of the ensemble with a young John Travolta and teacher, played by Gabe Kaplan.

Last year he appeared with most of the original cast members for a reunion to mark the series’ 35th anniversary.

He also had roles in Cagney & Lacey, NewsRadio and Diagnosis Murder with his final role in 2002′s film Hip, Edgy, Sexy, Cool.

Back