Skip to main content

Dear Channel Nine...

I'll always pick 9 over youngest child 7. Always, unless something specific is on, which rarely happens.
Well, it might be a generational thing. I watch Seven News (Peter Overton on Nine is too pompous, even if Seven is too shallow and local-centric), but I also watch 800 words (not sure for how much longer), BH&G (FF through much of it), Homes Under the Hammer, Heroes Reborn, and I'd watch How to get away with Murder if they had brought it back fast enough so watching that on IPTV instead. Nine has nothing except Survivor.

Peter Overton is 9 in Sydney? Peter Hitchener is in Melbourne. I usually catch 10 any time after 5pm, then either watch 9 or wait until the ABC news at 7pm. I was laughing with my parents the other day about news. They lived in Canberra for 18 years and during that time my sister was the UNHCR in Bosnia during the war. They'd watch the ACT local news, the ABC national news and then the SBS news, just to see what was going on in Bosnia, specifically where she was. Always pissed me off but gave us insight into how she was going. She is featured in a Foreign Correspondent episode though.
Lots of H's in your viewing there Timmy.

Yes Peter Overton is Nine Sydney news (he's married to Jessica Rowe, which I find odd as well tbh). Nice story about your sister/parents. If there was a news program at 6pm that was a proper mix of local, national and international I'd watch that but no-one does that. Seven pads theirs out with Helen Wellings consumer "stories" ex-Today Tonight, and Dr Andrew Rochford health fodder. Pathetic really.

Yes Peter Overton is Nine Sydney news (he's married to Jessica Rowe, which I find odd as well tbh). Nice story about your sister/parents. If there was a news program at 6pm that was a proper mix of local, national and international I'd watch that but no-one does that. Seven pads theirs out with Helen Wellings consumer "stories" ex-Today Tonight, and Dr Andrew Rochford health fodder. Pathetic really.
I now, it seems an odd combo. Our 9 news is an hour long then there's the ridiculous ACA after that. Tbh, I watch Antiques Roadshow or MASH more often than not. Well, they're on but as background.

I two have given up on Nine ever since Big Brother. I did try the block but the triple threat series put me off. I'd Di try Reno rumble but I did not enjoy it. Aside from that I've devoted my year to CH10. I watched I'm a celebrity, Masterchef and I'm watching TBL. The only news I watch is NINEZ but I'm noting wanting to give nine my 2cents worth so I haven watched news all year. If they want me back then they can bring back big brother. If not then bye channle nine!

Nine/GO, the only shows I watch now are The Block, Survivor and Celebrity Apprentice. Most nights are unwatchable unless you want Big Bang Theory endlessly (no offence to people who like it, I'm not against the show itself, just the overkill).

I wish they would get rid of Karl from the Today Show, but I hate Kochie more, so The Today show it is for me in the morning. I like Lisa Wilkinson. Karl and Scott Cam can go live on an island somewhere. House Husbands is about the only show I watch on 9.

I wish they would get rid of Karl from the Today Show, but I hate Kochie more, so The Today show it is for me in the morning. I like Lisa Wilkinson. Karl and Scott Cam can go live on an island somewhere. House Husbands is about the only show I watch on 9.
I do not understand why people watch breakfast/morning television. I just do see the appeal, unless there is crazy horrible breaking news happening like a 9/11 level event...

I do not understand why people watch breakfast/morning television. I just do see the appeal, unless there is crazy horrible breaking news happening like a 9/11 level event...
I watch it while getting ready for work. Traffic and news mostly. It is on in the background.

Back