Skip to main content

Episode DAY 9: NOMINATIONS #1 (90mins)

i taped and watched later on, sooooo boring, struggled to keep my eyes open, rewinded a few times for the last bit, but managed to doze off each time, so right now i still have no clue what mikkayla's choice was all about. grrrrrrrr need to watch it AGAIN.

9 definitely cant get it right, who are behind the production, just like this year's block, when i was expecting some serious reno, all i got was bitching bitching and more bitching. while on BB, when i am expecting bitching bitching more bitching, i am getting nothing. almost like watching a silent movie, group in the kitchen, group exercise, group in the backyard. come on BB, surely there are people ducking out and have a 1 on 1 D&M, thats what i want to see.

It is quite funny to think of that enormous bunch of hms performing their hearts out day in, day out, and no one seeing any of it.

'Look Nana, I'm using a full scoop of laundry detergent per load, just like you taught me to.' *pensive sigh*

this is on this week's OK

BB's casting strategy. mmmmm wonder who are the 3 key HMs.View attachment 32440
That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

It seems very likely that is was indeed the case over the last few seasons now, come to think of it, but it certainly was not how they did it in the past. It just further proves that producer's have their favourites (or their "key people" as they call it) who everything will revolve around these days. You could name last year's "key people" instantly, as well as this year's.

So - last year it was Michael/Josh/Bradley.

And this year? Tim/Ben???ordinary guy....soldier/tradie/drew/footy guy.Rohan????

Clearly females are just window dressing, usual thing for 9

There appears to be a real disconnect between what the public see on the TV and just what is actually going on in the house.
OK Drew and Jade a given to be up for nomination. All the other HM's except for Tim and Heidi up for nomination where a bit of a surprise.
Mikkayla bossing people around - haven't seen any of that.
Sharon not caring much about the halfway house - again haven't seen any of that.
Jaz running hot and cold - again haven't seen any of that.
Felt for sure Tahan and Tully would have been nominated and up for eviction for sure - which for a viewer would have been entertaining watching those two having to go back to the halfway house.
This years series of BB has a lot of positives going for it but somehow, someway it is pretty boring so for.
Oh well - here's hoping for some change soon. :)

def tim - the mainstream villian, ben - the odd one out.
but the 3rd, i think is matt, the mainstream goodie.

def tim - the mainstream villian, ben - the odd one out.
but the 3rd, i think is matt, the mainstream goodie.

Yeah, the Josh spot. He's front runner. I think they beefed up the alternatives this year after what happened to josh last year, he and Michael were meant to be final 2.

We did when Ed wanted to give them extra food & Sharon wasn't keen on that idea.

I hope the former halfway hms get a full report of who among the current halfway house crop was kind about them and who wasn't.

I hope the former halfway hms get a full report of who among the current halfway house crop was kind about them and who wasn't.
I'm pretty sure Tim shouldn't expect any favours. They were all well aware of how he wanted to treat them.

Agree that it's hard to know how "bad" Sharon and Jasmin are in the house due to their being the least shown housemates, but can't agree for certain that Sharon will be first out if people aren't that aware of her. ie "I'll vote Sharon out because, wait, which one is Sharon again??"

But I think it's a vote to save so based on that logic of no-one knowing who she is, then she'll probably go

So - last year it was Michael/Josh/Bradley.

And this year? Tim/Ben???ordinary guy....soldier/tradie/drew/footy guy.Rohan????

Clearly females are just window dressing, usual thing for 9

What are you talking about? There are many strong women in the house this year.

Strong/weak/pretty/ugly matters not at all. 9 have picked core of males.

agree, lets see:

in the trouble maker camp, i can see heidi is there to be tim's sidekick, mikkayla and tully to cause conflict with tim,

in the eye candy camp, caleb/matt/ed/drew = sunny and possitive, sharon is there to keep them conditioned, jade/tahan are the handbags, can u call girl handbags? lol

in the odd ball camp, ben, xavier and jaz

the focus is def on the men. a headstrong woman like chrissie, who blasted ben for stirring the pot in their season, such character has not been repeated. what a pity!

It'll be the Save and Replace thing, probably as a replacement for the Captain's Challenge (since we've now got Showdown).

Don't really agree though that Tim is a protected character - guess we will just have to wait and see - if he is saved on Thursday then I'm going to be pretty suss about the whole show within a show and these twists aren't really twists but spot decisions made by the producers.

He clearly hasn't been punished for telling the others not to nominate him (he's the sort of person who would rant about it for days, either by bitching and moaning or by wearing the punishment as a mark of honour), so I can totally buy it.

This is something that random popped into my head today, when Matthew was nominating he couldn't think of the name for "Showdown" as he referred to it as the "Saturday games" which is odd since it was filmed on the Friday. I wonder if they've told the HM's that they air them on the Saturday and they must reference "Showdown" as occurring on this day in a further attempt to cover up the 24-hour delay, like when they edited Saturday and Sunday into a single day for last Monday's episode.

It really makes you wonder if the production team thinks Australians are that stupid.

This is something that random popped into my head today, when Matthew was nominating he couldn't think of the name for "Showdown" as he referred to it as the "Saturday games" which is odd since it was filmed on the Friday. I wonder if they've told the HM's that they air them on the Saturday and they must reference "Showdown" as occurring on this day in a further attempt to cover up the 24-hour delay, like when they edited Saturday and Sunday into a single day for last Monday's episode.

It really makes you wonder if the production team thinks Australians are that stupid.

But they're not really covering it up because they give us updates about it on the website and little previews before it's aired on Saturday night. I did find it weird tho when Matt called it the Saturday games thing as well!

Back