Skip to main content

Episode Day 85 (Mon 21/10/13): Daily Show (90m)

Oh and her modelling career is in Milan... Australia's a backwater... girls know they've made when they can get out of here. She's back for family only. And acting? go to LA where the real money is.

Oh and her modelling career is in Milan... Australia's a backwater... girls know they've made when they can get out of here. She's back for family only. And acting? go to LA where the real money is.
Not that easy. If you want to go to LA for acting, you need a particular visa that allows to you pursue work in the performing arts. In order to get that visa, you need to have an established history of success in your field in whatever country you're from. So far all she's got is a bit part (glorified extra) in a TV show pilot. Basically if Jade does want to eventually go to LA to become an actress, she's gotta pay her dues here first.

I think after BB not punishing Tim for sneaking some pork crackling from Drew roast dinner,(apart from Drew getting Tim to drink 2 bottles of sparkling water within 15 minutes as punishment) the boys probably thought eating some chocolate wont get them into too much trouble? but they ended up losing all the tuna oops LOL
I wonder why BB didnt show Tim having a sulk in the bedroom on friday night after a run-in with Boog, and when the others went to get ready for the spa, Drew stayed behind to try comfort him.
Boog appears to be getting on Tims nerves at times...guess thats why he's nominated her to go twice now

I actually think Tim's spot on when he says Drew is riding on his coattails. Not to say Drew doesn't genuinely like him... they obviously click and get on well, there's no denying it. I think they'll be mates on the outside. Tim's not saying Drew's faking the friendship. But Drew *is* all too happy to play second fiddle or sidekick to someone who's providing entertainment. By going along with Tim's antics he gets screen-time for being a mischeivious and amusing HM, without ever having to really get anyone (HMs or viewers) offside in the process. Hey, it's a clever strategy, I can't knock it. I think Tahan's clued onto this too, so good on her. But as an objective viewer, I can see through it. And it's pretty incredible and perceptive of Tim to be able to see it too.
THIS is spot on :)

Not that easy. If you want to go to LA for acting, you need a particular visa that allows to you pursue work in the performing arts. In order to get that visa, you need to have an established history of success in your field in whatever country you're from. So far all she's got is a bit part (glorified extra) in a TV show pilot. Basically if Jade does want to eventually go to LA to become an actress, she's gotta pay her dues here first.

No she doesn't. She's worked NY as a model - editorial/fashion and beauty. She has an agent there. She can get back in as a model and then go to auditions or even fast-track without even modelling.

Sophie Monk. Case in point.

I cried when tahans mum and sister came into the house. That was so emotional. Her sister is so cute!

Eds brother has more personality.

Feel bad for Tim.

Love this task, laughing during the freeze moment in the shower. Good work bb.

Its pretty sad that the only reason Tim thinks Drew is hanging around him is to better his own chances. They say comedians and class clown have the lowest self esteem so maybe is true. Drew has said some really nice things about Tim throughout the show, maybe when its over and Tims hears them he'll realise that Drew actually values his friendship.

Yeah, it's a bad look for Tim. He needs to be a little more careful as Boog will have no qualms about nominating him on Wednesday. (That's assuming the freeze task doesn't take care of all the nominations).

Now look here. I don't want to argue with you but I will if I have too. Honestly! Have you been on the bath salts again?? :p

I want you to go right now and stand in the corner and repeat 50 times 'Bad Boog Terrific Tim'.

Haha! Those bath salts... They should be used in the bath only

It was good. Though the relatives coming in was extremely predictable.

It was predictable but still enjoyed it. Even in all it's predictability I still got emotional for tahan. What a wonderful surprise

No she doesn't. She's worked NY as a model - editorial/fashion and beauty. She has an agent there. She can get back in as a model and then go to auditions or even fast-track without even modelling.

Sophie Monk. Case in point.
Yes, she does. She would not be hired in the US for acting work without the required paperwork. Check out the SAG rules here, especially the "What if I am not a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien" section:

The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), as directed by Congress, sets the visa requirements for alien performers who want to work in the United States. The INS allows performers who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents to audition on any visa, but in order to actually work on a film, television, or electronic media project like a video game, they must then get a very specific visa whether it is SAG signatory or not. Production companies, and sometimes talent agents and managers, apply for these visas on behalf of the performers. Due to the INS criteria and cost of transportation, living expenses, and legal fees, these visas are typically granted only to major-role principal players. You do not have to be a member of Screen Actors Guild to qualify for these visas. However, the criteria for the most common of these particular visas (the O-1) require that the performer has been recognized for his/her accomplishment of outstanding achievement (as closely defined by the INS) in a media similar to the one for which the visa is sought. Visas are issued by project, not by time period. Visas cannot be applied for until an employment offer is extended to the performer. O-1 visas are not available to performers who seem promising, but are not yet fully "proven". For further information about visas, you will need to seek out and make contact with an immigration attorney. We are not able to provide references.

Yes, she does. She would not be hired in the US for acting work without the required paperwork. Check out the SAG rules here, especially the "What if I am not a U.S. Citizen or Resident Alien" section:

Oh come on you've got no idea how it works in LA.

Totes hating on free to air TV tonight. Despite tacking 20 mins extra into both BB and XFactor, my Foxtel IQ missed the end of both shows. NOT HAPPY JAN

Oh come on you've got no idea how it works in LA.
lol something tells me I know a bit more than you, especially when it comes to the screen actors guild, but I just remembered I'm replying to the poster who likes to pretend they know everything about everything in the entertainment industry just because they did grip work on a couple of australian tv shows sooooo....

whatever you say sis

2qvs8qr.gif

lol something tells me I know a bit more than you, especially when it comes to the screen actors guild, but I just remembered I'm replying to the poster who likes to pretend they know everything about everything in the entertainment industry just because they did grip work on a couple of australian tv shows sooooo....

whatever you say sis

2qvs8qr.gif

You're clueless about SAG and no doubt IATSE. Go on pal, look it up.

Back