Skip to main content

Episode Day 51 (Tues 17/09/13): Late Night Feast

I don't know about 'deranged,' but an opponent, whom he dislikes, just upset his high-strung girlfriend, and a lifetime of hating AFL guys, and of living in Australia where meatheads like him get preferential treatment, all burst out. Drew is clearly a bottler - he fills and fills, and one day it all comes out. He wasn't deranged. He was insulting a guy he hates, a guy he really wants to beat, a guy who stole his wife, who everyone seems to love, who everyone says is better looking than him, who represent a social milieu he looks down on but which is afforded priviliges, who was trying to turn his closet ally against him, from aposition as if he was acting only in her best interest and who just made his girl cry, and a life-time of frustration burst out.

I would say there were some deeper underlying frustrations that got triggered as well ...don't know what exactly could easily be all the frustrations of being in the house in general or having someone who upset his gf or whatever you have said above about AFL boys ....but def extra emotions came thru .....plus alcohol!!

It is clear that she understands exactly what he meant, as her next sentence is 'I am empathetic, it's not like I use my emotions to get all the attention\ or something, perfectly describing what an emotional hijacker would do.

Agree. Ed told Tully to be careful who she trusted about Drew and then explained how things have come to him from Tim from Drew from Her that were supposed to be private. Tully then said she would be careful and not trust Drew as much and then obviously quickly after told Drew exactly what Ed said.

It made me laugh. It's not necessarily right or wrong (just shows she trusts Drew ultimately - or can't help confrontation I guess - or is too needy not to confront him or whatever) ...

Back