Skip to main content

Daniel and his advantages.

In Terms Of Advantages, Do You Think That Daniel Gets Favoured Far Too Much By Production?

• Yes, and it's annoying.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • Yes, but he's providing good television so it doesn't matter.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Mixed

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • No, he's just taking the opportunities when they are presented to him.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • No, others have had more powerful advantages than him (Mary and SJ fake double eviction)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
^^ This shit is why BB producers approached him to be on the show.

Do you reckon they offered him a sizable chunk of change compared to what housemates normally get?

While he'd still be getting a good income while in the house from his business and investments. He'd surely be losing $10,000s if not more of income.

Do you reckon they offered him a sizable chunk of change compared to what housemates normally get?

While he'd still be getting a good income while in the house from his business and investments. He'd surely be losing $10,000s if not more of income.
That's an interesting question. Would they pay different stipends? At the end of the day they're offering him - on a plate - the chance to win $250k though. That might have been enough to appeal to his ego. Confidentiality clauses would prevent HMs ever saying, though.

They might have said to him "we can't guarantee you'll win or get into the final three, but we'll make sure that you'll get a great edit and enough exposure to the Australian public to feed your massive ego."

Daniel's videos of getting accepted onto Big Brother and his video of him in hotel quarantine before the show made me respect him even more. He has the drive and dedication to be the best, he puts in 100% He spent hours everyday in quarantine just running around his room, lifting weights and exercising rather than just being lazy and watching TV, he strives to get better in everything, I respect that so much.

He was easily the best character on the show, nobody comes close to his entertainment value.

Daniel's videos of getting accepted onto Big Brother and his video of him in hotel quarantine before the show made me respect him even more. He has the drive and dedication to be the best, he puts in 100% He spent hours everyday in quarantine just running around his room, lifting weights and exercising rather than just being lazy and watching TV, he strives to get better in everything, I respect that so much.

He was easily the best character on the show, nobody comes close to his entertainment value.
1626439811619.gif

Guess we can continue them with this thread as a late start is a head start for him, not for the others, presumably meaning he is inelligible for the first eviction - and no doubt whenever he arrives they'll make him inelligible for his first eviction in the house as well.

Not to mention based on the promo that aired at the end of last night, he gets given some sort of advantage from the very beginning. He's definitely the faceless person who emerges from some shadows and sits down in front of some "controls" and hits a button.

I'm guessing it'll be some bullshit recreation of what happened to Max in the regular show earlier in the year so that they can create a scenario that gets Caitlyn out of the house as per her contract to only be there for a week.

So sent in after the first eviction, and then immune for the second eviciton - but still allowed to vote because he's Danny. Suspect for the third they'll throw in some kind of manipulation and use him to cover up Caitlyn's contract only lasting a week.

So sent in after the first eviction, and then immune for the second eviciton - but still allowed to vote because he's Danny. Suspect for the third they'll throw in some kind of manipulation and use him to cover up Caitlyn's contract only lasting a week.
Yes you are right, but I had forgotten for a moment how manipulated the show is :(
I liked not knowing :rolleyes:

Not to mention he was able to listen to the other housemates in the Diary Room before entering too (we saw him listening in on Luke in the DR talking about the blindside plan) - so he's potentially gone in knowing some other people's strategies that he really shouldn't know about at all if the game was to be played fairly.

Just realised that, as much as I don't really want to defend Danny and his advantages, production most likely had no choice but to send him in late.

Katie Hopkins being axed was announced on July 18th, the day after her comments on social media. Filming started on July 30th (as per Caitlyn's comment that was aired saying it was the anniversary of winning gold at the Olympics, plus media reports at the time), so there wasn't enough time for her replacement to do a 14-day isolation in time - and they couldn't push the filming back without sacrificing some of the days they had Caitlyn for. So they most likely called Danny and had him jump on a plane and isolate by July 19th, which then makes the day he would've been free to enter/interact with people on August 2nd (aka Day 4) which is when he was seen with Omarosa.

The whole button thing was still contrived shit to get him at least one round deeper into the game though.

So much for being GOATITW - he wasn't even originally included in the line up. 😂

Oh that makes a lot of sense. And damn, I meant to use GOATITW for the first option in my poll but it slipped my mind.

I don't really believe they didn't plan to put Danny in all along.
Well they lost Katie unexpectedly, yet still ultimately ended up with 12 HMs. This definitely makes sense to me. He's also the only one who's not a VIP.

I don't really believe they didn't plan to put Danny in all along.
The only other way he was originally part of the plan is if he was going to be an intruder/late-comer and it was moved up because of Katie. Otherwise everything seems to fit together too well.

The only other way he was originally part of the plan is if he was going to be an intruder/late-comer and it was moved up because of Katie. Otherwise everything seems to fit together too well.
If someone gets "saved" that could be an indication of this theory. Not sure why they are so desperate to have him/promote him. Is he besties with someone in production or something? I still go with your first theory.

Not sure why they are so desperate to have him/promote him.
Wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to make him the Tim Dormer of the Seven-era ie their most remembered/talked about/fame whore housemate.

Wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to make him the Tim Dormer of the Seven-era ie their most remembered/talked about/fame whore housemate.
Subtle difference being that Tim is actually likeable. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Or a pig's arse.

Production probably love Daniel because he understands he's there to entertain the audience as much as he can. That he's there to give a performance. The best reality tv contestants understand that. They'll play up parts of their personality to the camera to get more airtime. Now Daniel does his performative schtick in such an obvious way, but at least he's not being boring. And boring is one of the worst things you can be on television.

The one thing Danny did last season I liked, which was more so the editors than Danny but his speech allowed it to happen, is when he was blatantly talking about Charlotte without saying her name. 😂

Back