Skip to main content

Daniel and his advantages.

In Terms Of Advantages, Do You Think That Daniel Gets Favoured Far Too Much By Production?

• Yes, and it's annoying.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • Yes, but he's providing good television so it doesn't matter.

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Mixed

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • No, he's just taking the opportunities when they are presented to him.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • No, others have had more powerful advantages than him (Mary and SJ fake double eviction)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've only watched two episodes this season (but read every thread) so I'm sure this list is incomplete, but to my mind the list of advantages to Daniel and SJ just gifted to them by producers is now in double figures.

Daniel
  1. The first eviction twist where he got immunity by going in the bunker and the sole vote to evict.
  2. Daniel being "ill" - immune for eviction with no consequences.
  3. The Panic Room twist - we know he was ordered to go in last and had a power which would have prevented him being evicted.
  4. HoH - I highly doubt SJ came to the decision alone to choose Daniel, and now as a result he gets immunity...
  5. ... not once, but twice. And wouldn't surprise me if it's tomorrow as well.
SJ
  1. Fake evicted...
  2. ... and then immune from the next eviction
  3. Fake evicted...
  4. ... and then immune from the next eviction
  5. ... and the next.
That's ten advantages all handed to them by producers rather than earned. They've basically had as many advantages as the intruders who went in at the half way point - but without the disadvantage of not being there from the start.

Really is an insult to not just the viewers but the other housemates as well.

I've only watched two episodes this season (but read every thread) so I'm sure this list is incomplete, but to my mind the list of advantages to Daniel and SJ just gifted to them by producers is now in double figures.

Daniel
  1. The first eviction twist where he got immunity by going in the bunker and the sole vote to evict.
  3. The Panic Room twist - we know he was ordered to go in last and had a power which would have prevented him being evicted.
  4. HoH - I highly doubt SJ came to the decision alone to choose Daniel, and now as a result he gets immunity...
SJ
  1. Fake evicted...
  3. Fake evicted...
  5. ... and the next.
That's ten advantages all handed to them by producers rather than earned. They've basically had as many advantages as the intruders who went in at the half way point - but without the disadvantage of not being there from the start.

Why would any normal person want to audition for the show if the producers will show clear favouritism?

Daniel
SJ
  1. Fake evicted...
  3. Fake evicted...
  5. ... and the next.

Add in
6. Allowed to ignore the challenge winner and substitute in a nomination of their own.

Daniel
SJ
  1. Fake evicted...
  3. Fake evicted...
  5. ... and the next.

There’s a lot of assumptions you make there.
You are insinuating he wasn’t ill. You don’t know that.
How do you know he was told to go to the panic room last?
And you don’t know that SJ was told to take Daniel.
You don’t know that SJ’s advantages wouldn’t have gone to anyone else evicted those nights.

You can make it look a lot worse by just insinuating a whole heap of things you simply don’t actually know. Ha

There is enough evidence within the show alone for the entire integrity of the show to be questioned. And if it was one incident I think you'd have a point - but it's not - it is multiple incidents where the same individuals have got an advantage.

There is enough evidence within the show alone for the entire integrity of the show to be questioned. And if it was one incident I think you'd have a point - but it's not - it is multiple incidents where the same individuals have got an advantage.

It's a flaw with this format. They need a way to signpost the twists ahead of time of them occurring in the show. Which I don't know how they do in a pre-recorded format.

There still is a lot of random chance. No need to assume everything is scripted.

Why has Marley gotten so much KFC?

CONSPIRACY!!!

It's a flaw with this format. They need a way to signpost the twists ahead of time of them occurring in the show. Which I don't know how they do in a pre-recorded format.

There still is a lot of random chance. No need to assume everything is scripted.

Why has Marley gotten so much KFC?

CONSPIRACY!!!
They should just advertise - "Watch how this year we green light 2 people to the top 3 and burn the rest, it's so entertaining. This is the new BB format in the 2020's".. At least it wouldn't be as insulting as "YOU DECIDE" :rolleyes:

People keep saying there's a lot of love for Danny, but in the early stages of this poll, he's being outvoted by Tully Tilly.

Screenshot from 2021-06-11 13-25-28.png

Yeah, he talks about it on a podcast with Tully. iirc it was something like being asked through a friend of a friend of the producers, and they were looking for people about two weeks before he went into the house.
So maybe they cast him even after the show started filming? Interesting.

It’s not a flaw with the format or with flaw with the show being pre-recorded. We don’t question the integrity of twists within the Survivor format the same way we do with BB. The simple fact is this all boils down to integrity.

Daniel
SJ
  1. Fake evicted...
  3. Fake evicted...
  5. ... and the next.

I agree with you on all the others but i think Daniel number two was a sensible covid safety precaution.

BBCAN 9 was such a great season. I feel as though a lot of other BB programs should take notes on how BB should actually be played. Also Ty winning the game was the cherry on top.
Ty was great, in fact all of BBcan was great. Can't wait for 8 July & BBusa though Our Chenbot is the real deal (though I'll miss the voice of BB very much)

This doesn't really belong here, but it's the closest thing to a Daniel thread.

I've been watching various of his YouTube videos. Some are entertaining and interesting. Some stuff I have no interest in. Most go on too long. If you couldn't stand his affectation for the camera in BB. They won't be for you.

A lot of the stuff he does is pretty cool, and I admire him more for it but there's also a level of, "what the heck is wrong with him?"

This week I am working my way through a series of videos where he goes to India by himself. Hires a motorcycle and is attempting to drive to Mount Everest. It's like a one-man Long Way Round starring Danny.

The same part of him that makes him think it's a good idea to fly to India with no plan and drive by himself to Mount Everest. Then leads to him to doing utterly stupid and risky things. Pushing himself too hard with long drives, but also putting himself in situations any rational person would avoid.

The first time he stopped to use his drone is on the side of the road in a steep gorge. Quite spectacular scenery. The video starts by him telling us he crashed the drone somewhere down the steep garbage-filled, rocky ravine next to the road. The entire video is him, GoPro in hand. Risking serious injury and his life climbing down there to try and find it. Ending up with him scrambling over and through garbage, rocks, human shit, building debris and along a river. With no clear idea how he'll get out of there. Chasing the location of the drone on his phone. Eventually, he becomes utterly defeated, with bloody hands and no energy after trying to climb a near verticle cliff to where he thinks his drone may be. He's sp exhausted by this, he drinks from the fifth river.

He then finds a staircase up at a derelict building. Ends up breaking into someone's house, yelling for help trying to get back to the road. When he's back at the road, he looks at his phone to discover the drone was never in the ravine. It crashed higher up the ravine, above the road, not below. Where he thankfully realises he can't get to it. So not only did he lose his drone, he risked serious harm for no reason at all. All could have been avoided if he just walked along the road to ascertain where the drone was before trying to rescue it.

In the next video, he drives something like 14 hours in horrible conditions day and night on a quest to buy another drone. As he must get those beauty drone shots at Everest.

It's insanity.

^^ This shit is why BB producers approached him to be on the show.

Back