Skip to main content

Controversial

BigBrotherCritic

Like working a job 24/7, for 2 days on the trot
A place for us to discuss all things controversial... from the girl who's hair that looks like a bird's nest to the Adventures of ISIS. ANYTHING you deem controversial can be discussed here.

Expect Controversial Views, Controversial Topics and Controversial CAPS.

thx

The most Controversial Topics of 2014
the-10-most-controversial-topics-for-2014_52f474d7c14cb_w1500.jpg

I'm surprised that cosmetic surgery was deemed one of the most controversial topics. The rest definitely but not plastic surgery. Also microdermabrasion is so not worthy of that list, it's hardly a "procedure".

Sorry, I'm vain and vapid so naturally I gravitate towards that part.

I'm surprised that cosmetic surgery was deemed one of the most controversial topics. The rest definitely but not plastic surgery. Also microdermabrasion is so not worthy of that list, it's hardly a "procedure".

Sorry, I'm vain and vapid so naturally I gravitate towards that part.
Can you give me your view on Microdermabrasion?

Wow, 73% abort because of 'religious affiliation' that's the highest in that category, yet I'm pretty sure most religions are pro life.
@jessy_girl that's true, also I wonder if Botox for migraines comes under that list as well.

Can you give me your view on Microdermabrasion?

Well I guess it is technically a cosmetic procedure insofar as being performed by a clinician for cosmetic purposes, as oppose to therapeutic or medical. But to me it's akin to a facial and I would never put it under the rather encompassing umbrella of cosmetic surgery.

My own frame of reference is my father who generally discourages cosmetic changes for both my sister and me (not that that has necessarily stopped either of us) and also my partner who doesn't like me messing with my face, and neither of them have a problem with microderm.

Sorry, I'll devote more energy to a slightly more cerebral topic. I'm extremely liberal socially which usually matches the majority (of people I typically interact with) but I do often have "unpopular" opinions too.

I think this is important for everybody to know, the media can be so one-eyed when it's run predominately by a bunch of rich old men.

11947552_961198133918333_6485728649490740096_n.png

Interesting article @reepbot. I fully support euthanasia and assisted suicide but I never considered it for severely depressed persons. I believe people should have full autonomy and control over the suffering, I'm undecided on that one.

I think this is important for everybody to know, the media can be so one-eyed when it's run predominately by a bunch of rich old men.

11947552_961198133918333_6485728649490740096_n.png

:thumbsdown: That's sad.

I'd like to know how they got the "successful marriages centre around God" bit.

Yeah, same. I actually missed that before you pointed it out but everything else is backed up with a statistic and that's just presented as a somewhat baseless fact.

It's so randomly slipped in haha. How are they even judging the success of marriages, by length? I wouldn't really go off that.

Oh man, as much as I try to be open minded, reading that makes me uncomfortable.

I like euthanasia like how we do with animals, when an individual is in pain and deserves to die peacefully and with dignity.

I am a great believer in that we should all, even children, choose when we want to die, especially if we are in great suffering. Reading that article that young women does seem to be in great suffering.

http://time.com/3749879/nitrogen-gas-execution-oklahoma-lethal-injection/
http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...-penalty-gas-chamber-117156.html#.Vd_Psfmqqko

So this is from a while ago but the Death Penalty in Oklahoma has been approved to be delivered via a chamber of Nitrogen Gas. It is said to be a tenfold more humane than the Lethal Injections they had been using which is said to be much more painful. Nitrogen gas Asphyxiation is basically just diluting the Oxygen in your body and will not give the person a feeling of suffocation as the Carbon Dioxide in their bodies is not being replaced. (Thats how suffocation basically works). We can say that it is a better way to execute. Anyone got any views on this?

Back