Skip to main content

Contents of 'dismantled' BB house for sale in online auction

Yup. All done. Don't know what wasn't bid on - I've seen a few individual pages with "no bids" noted on them.

I guess the rest goes to the tip. :arghh: :bawling:

Later tonight, I might prepare a final list for "odd crap" from Auction #3. :oldman:

Wasn't a lot interesting from 3rd auction.
True. Even the more specific items didn't seem to attact much attention:

Ninja Outfits x10 LOT 1346 - $55
Safety Helmets Named LOT 1347 - $30
HM Memorabillia Leather Sandal LOT 1377 - $4
HM Memorabillia Ping Swimming Goggles LOT 1378 - $1
HM Memorabillia Sparkel Shirts LOT 1379 - $8
HM Memorabillia Ganstaa T-shirt LOT 1380 - $32
HM Memorabillia Dog Chew Toy LOT 1381 - $2
HM Memorabillia Manicure Set LOT 1382 - $5
HM Memorabillia Black Cap LOT 1383 - $4
HM Memorabillia Blue Cap LOT 1384 - $2
HM Memorabillia Sydney Roosters Shorts LOT 1385 - $14
HM Memorabillia Teddy Bear LOT 1386 - $37
HM Memorabillia Lorna Jane Top & Pack of Cards LOT 1387 - $20
HM Memorabillia Actec Dikim LOT 1388 - $12
HM Memorabillia Bonds Undies LOT 1389 - $1
HM Memorabillia 2 Bow Ties Blue/Red LOT 1390 - $1
HM Memorabillia Cream Sleeve LOT 1391 - $1
HM Memorabillia Spotted Cat Boxers LOT - $3
HM Memorabillia Slik Top Dressing Gown LOT 1393 $14
HM Memorabillia Colourful Swimmers LOT 1394 - $2
HM Memorabillia Owl Eye Mask LOT 1395 - $8
HM Memorabillia Sleeping Beauty Eye Mask LOT 1398 - $1

(Long time lurker, used to be here as Stewie a long long time ago).

The sales unfortunately are screaming to me that the house is being completely decommissioned, not just mothballing.
They are removing infrastructure that would not change season to season (all the blackout corridor air conditioners for example) and even selling power switchboards that are pending disconnection. (delayed pickup flag on the action listing)

I hate to say it, but I don't think the house structure will be standing for much longer.
Props and old furnishings I would understand, this seems more extreme.

I am surprised they they kept a lot of it though, and in good condition. I remember going through Dreamworld when it was on Ten and seeing one of the diary room chairs just sitting in the open weather damaged.

@eagleeyed Stewie from the ol' IRC chat room? Oh hi! :woot: [/offtopic]

Wasn't there an article somewhere that said land previously owned by Dreamworld (Ardent Leisure to be precise) to the north of the actual theme park was being sold some years ago? It just so happens that the BB house is north of the rest of the Dreamworld theme park.

The Coomera Town Centre (or the related nature strip/buffer) would eventually occupy the location where the BB house currently resides. I am putting my speculative hat on here and thinking perhaps the land the house resides on is/was merely leased back to Dreamworld or Endemol for as long as is necessary for the television production and/or fixed year - whichever comes sooner). When the Coomera Town Centre does consume the BB house land it doesn't necessarily mean the end to the format though. International BB houses have moved in some countries and the franchise still continues (BBUK for example).

@eagleeyed Stewie from the ol' IRC chat room? Oh hi! :woot: [/offtopic]

Wasn't there an article somewhere that said land previously owned by Dreamworld (Ardent Leisure to be precise) to the north of the actual theme park was being sold some years ago? It just so happens that the BB house is north of the rest of the Dreamworld theme park.

The Coomera Town Centre (or the related nature strip/buffer) would eventually occupy the location where the BB house currently resides. I am putting my speculative hat on here and thinking perhaps the land the house resides on is/was merely leased back to Dreamworld or Endemol for as long as is necessary for the television production and/or fixed year - whichever comes sooner). When the Coomera Town Centre does consume the BB house land it doesn't necessarily mean the end to the format though. International BB houses have moved in some countries and the franchise still continues (BBUK for example).
You are correct the land the house sits on is not owned by dreamworld, they sold it and leased it back.

Does anyone have any Big Brother memerobillia that they are prepared to sell to me for a reasonable price? I can pay postage if itws within reason?

Were they the rock pillows?

No, the rock pillows were seperate but the bean bag is really comfy!

Well when I went to the house I was on my way to go camping so I have to bring it with me.

It is so sad seeing the house like it was. I got to walk through it while I wait for my stuff and it is all run down, broken and sad. Got to go upstairs and sit in the DR, and climb up the treehouse. The house is so small and cramped than what it looks like on TV.

I am going to fix up the broken yes sign during these holidays and give it new LED lights and new version paint.

It is so sad seeing the house like it was. I got to walk through it while I wait for my stuff and it is all run down, broken and sad. Got to go upstairs and sit in the DR, and climb up the treehouse. The house is so small and cramped than what it looks like on TV.
Oh wow I didn't realise it was at the actual house. Thats a shame it's so decrepit. Could you notice any Dreamworld attractions over the wall?

Back