Skip to main content

Civilian Big brother UK 2018

To be fair Cameron was only 15 when he made those Youtube videos. People can change a lot in 4 years. I am sure we have all said and done a lot of stupid things at that age. I feel that Cameron deserved it because he was the most entertaining to me out of the 4 in the final. Akeem winning possibly the last ever series of BB just for being 'nice' would have been the worst.
yes but Ellis was the same age when she made the comments that got her removed...bit of a double standard

Big Brother only got 685k for the final. It was Big Brother's least watched final by far, down 300,000 viewers on last year and down 800,000 on 2016. Overall, Big Brother averaged around 700,000 viewers based on overnight figures this year - down around 100,000 on 2017 - it's least watched series ever. Can't see it coming back for a long time based on those ratings.

To be honest Channel 5 did everything in their power to ensure this series was a complete failure... If Endemol Shine do find a buyer it will be because of the complete 180 they've made over this past series and the previous two celebrity series... As catch-up is now part of the official ratings once the figures have been consolidated this series was actually on par with previous entries... Given that production have been positive about the future and throwing shade at Channel 5 I think BB still has a chance.... A single series ratings wouldn't really be enough to keep a potential buyer from the show...

I enjoyed this series a lot but it's a shame the finale was so rushed and the final BOTS seemed more like a tribute to Rylan rather than BB.

I enjoyed this series a lot but it's a shame the finale was so rushed and the final BOTS seemed more like a tribute to Rylan rather than BB.
that's what irritates me about BOTS..it's the Rylan show and he can be soooooooooo annoying

I'm one that believes BB could still have a future somewhere... And that's not just because I'm a fan and I've got crazy ideas... The combined ratings for this series weren't horrible considering the Channel 5 sabotage... Also the quality of the show has improved ten fold from the grabage that's been dished out over the years... In fact I think production did a better job with the combined 2018 series than they did when the show was leaving Channel 4... If they can stay true to the same core values they used in developing the last three series on Channel 5 and could restore the live feed (in some capacity) I think BB could still pull in some decent ratings... Apparently Endemol Shine wanted live feed for this series but could not reach a deal with Channel 5...

As for Emma I think whomever takes over would be silly not to keep her... Marcus on the other-hand... He's long past his expiry date...

I can't see anyone picking it up at the moment. C4 would be most likely to bring Big Brother home, and the management who axed it have moved on, but at the moment they're better off concentrating on The Circle and seeing where that goes, although I would say it's a format that I can't see having longevity.

Emma is popular across all networks (though I don't think she's done anything for C4 since BBLB in 2010), and heck even Rylan now has regular gigs at the BBC and ITV. A new slate is what is needed though - Marcus should have been first for the axe when it moved to C5, never mind now.

I can't see anyone picking it up at the moment. C4 would be most likely to bring Big Brother home, and the management who axed it have moved on, but at the moment they're better off concentrating on The Circle and seeing where that goes, although I would say it's a format that I can't see having longevity.

Emma is popular across all networks (though I don't think she's done anything for C4 since BBLB in 2010), and heck even Rylan now has regular gigs at the BBC and ITV. A new slate is what is needed though - Marcus should have been first for the axe when it moved to C5, never mind now.

I’d be shocked if there wasn’t at least some truth to the fact that production have said they’ve had some interest in the format...

I mean no one thought BB stood a chance when Channel 4 gave up on it... The Channel 5 rumours had truth to them despite the fact that even leading up to the actual announcement they were still being taken with a grain of salt...

Personally I’d love to see what Netflix could do with BB... It’s not something that they’d typically get in to but they have been experimenting with some daily release items... They might also have more of an interest in hosting a live feed than other traditional broadcasters... They also aren’t as ratings focused...

CBS All Access (or a version thereof) is said to be launching in the UK some time in the near future... Launching with a renewed version of BBUK would be a great way to attract a UK audience to the service...

My only disappointment with online streaming would be availability to is international fans... I can see streaming services being tougher on YouTube Uploaders than C5/C4 have been in the past...

I finally watched the last show yesterday. I agree it was super rushed. That said I loved it! I felt Cameron was a worthy winner. The final 4 were perfectly placed.

I loved this series. I really enjoy watching friendships both splinter and form. It is my favourite thing about BB.

The thought of no more uk bb is too sad for words for me. I think the only positive to come out the series ending is that I won’t have to read another of Dystopia’s hate filled posts again!

At least I have a huge number of previous years to catch up on. I’m starting with bbcan, the Tim Nikki season.

I agree. Best series in years.

I’ll have to catch up on bots, I didn’t see the last one.

yes but Ellis was the same age when she made the comments that got her removed...bit of a double standard
Totally agree.

While it’s super annoying to the sensible, freedom of speech is a basic human right. Even when that freedom of speech delivers sexist misogynistic homophobic dribble as we often have seen in this very thread from Dystopia.

I think it was completely unfair to use those ancient comments against Ellis. It could have been used to educate, it could have been used to open the lines of communication. You quite simply can’t gag people and think that is a viable solution when it comes to offensive views, you need a right of response like we see in here.

I have the right to say anything I like, no matter how offensive, and in return those who are listening have the right of response and can tell me to shut the fuck up and explain why my views are offensive. It’s how we learn and grow.

Totally agree.

While it’s super annoying to the sensible, freedom of speech is a basic human right. Even when that freedom of speech delivers sexist misogynistic homophobic dribble as we often have seen in this very thread from Dystopia.

I think it was completely unfair to use those ancient comments against Ellis. It could have been used to educate, it could have been used to open the lines of communication. You quite simply can’t gag people and think that is a viable solution when it comes to offensive views, you need a right of response like we see in here.

I have the right to say anything I like, no matter how offensive, and in return those who are listening have the right of response and can tell me to shut the fuck up and explain why my views are offensive. It’s how we learn and grow.

I agree with you... That said I think there comes a time where things begin to snowball... A person like @Dystopia and his insensitive views don't belong on these forums... Despite the fact that he only replies to those who agree with him, his constant ranting and raving gets in the way of those who actually wish to engage in constructive conversation... I think at least in some respects our shrinking numbers in related threads can be attributed to his presence...

I’d be shocked if there wasn’t at least some truth to the fact that production have said they’ve had some interest in the format...

I mean no one thought BB stood a chance when Channel 4 gave up on it... The Channel 5 rumours had truth to them despite the fact that even leading up to the actual announcement they were still being taken with a grain of salt...
Many including myself would say we were proven right with BB not standing a chance on C5 - it failed from the outset really to attract anything close to the audience a show like Big Brother should be getting even on C5, and that's been backed up by the ratings Love Island and I'm a Celebrity get today - those who hide behind the excuse of less people watching TV forget it's usually the show at fault when it loses it's audience.

As for Netflix - they have taken on The Circle outside of the US so we'll see how that goes, but it didn't have the live engagement Big Brother needs anyway and could quite easily be pre-recorded then all put up as one box set.

Many including myself would say we were proven right with BB not standing a chance on C5 - it failed from the outset really to attract anything close to the audience a show like Big Brother should be getting even on C5, and that's been backed up by the ratings Love Island and I'm a Celebrity get today - those who hide behind the excuse of less people watching TV forget it's usually the show at fault when it loses it's audience.

As for Netflix - they have taken on The Circle outside of the US so we'll see how that goes, but it didn't have the live engagement Big Brother needs anyway and could quite easily be pre-recorded then all put up as one box set.

I don't disagree with you... Like I said I'm not a naive fanboy... The Channel 5 revival was a completely wasted opportunity... That said BB did have the best non-sport ratings for Channel 5 and it often beat Channel 4...

To be fair I don’t think IACGMOOH is a fair comparison as you’ll see with CBB that celebrity shows almost always rate higher and it appeals to a much broader audience than BB in the UK ever has... Even in terms of longevity it really doesn’t make sense as it’s only on for 3 weeks once a year... In it’s prime BB ran 5 times as long at 16+ weeks...

I’m also sure that eventually the Love Island fad will end and much sooner than BB’s 19 regular series, 22 celebrity series, and multiple special series... I mean when BB ended on Channel 4 TOWIE was all the rage and was said to be BB’s natural successor... Where is it now?

As for Netflix or another online streaming platform... Pre-recording shouldn’t even be an option or suggestion... BB is a live format and needs to stay that way... If anything they should be expanding live coverage not stripping it away...

Back