Civilian Big brother UK 2018

Lindsay1973

Awesome site donor
To be fair Cameron was only 15 when he made those Youtube videos. People can change a lot in 4 years. I am sure we have all said and done a lot of stupid things at that age. I feel that Cameron deserved it because he was the most entertaining to me out of the 4 in the final. Akeem winning possibly the last ever series of BB just for being 'nice' would have been the worst.
yes but Ellis was the same age when she made the comments that got her removed...bit of a double standard

Big Brother only got 685k for the final. It was Big Brother's least watched final by far, down 300,000 viewers on last year and down 800,000 on 2016. Overall, Big Brother averaged around 700,000 viewers based on overnight figures this year - down around 100,000 on 2017 - it's least watched series ever. Can't see it coming back for a long time based on those ratings.
To be honest Channel 5 did everything in their power to ensure this series was a complete failure... If Endemol Shine do find a buyer it will be because of the complete 180 they've made over this past series and the previous two celebrity series... As catch-up is now part of the official ratings once the figures have been consolidated this series was actually on par with previous entries... Given that production have been positive about the future and throwing shade at Channel 5 I think BB still has a chance.... A single series ratings wouldn't really be enough to keep a potential buyer from the show...

Kingston

Canadian Royality
I'm one that believes BB could still have a future somewhere... And that's not just because I'm a fan and I've got crazy ideas... The combined ratings for this series weren't horrible considering the Channel 5 sabotage... Also the quality of the show has improved ten fold from the grabage that's been dished out over the years... In fact I think production did a better job with the combined 2018 series than they did when the show was leaving Channel 4... If they can stay true to the same core values they used in developing the last three series on Channel 5 and could restore the live feed (in some capacity) I think BB could still pull in some decent ratings... Apparently Endemol Shine wanted live feed for this series but could not reach a deal with Channel 5...

As for Emma I think whomever takes over would be silly not to keep her... Marcus on the other-hand... He's long past his expiry date...

Brekkie

Staff member
I can't see anyone picking it up at the moment. C4 would be most likely to bring Big Brother home, and the management who axed it have moved on, but at the moment they're better off concentrating on The Circle and seeing where that goes, although I would say it's a format that I can't see having longevity.

Emma is popular across all networks (though I don't think she's done anything for C4 since BBLB in 2010), and heck even Rylan now has regular gigs at the BBC and ITV. A new slate is what is needed though - Marcus should have been first for the axe when it moved to C5, never mind now.

I can't see anyone picking it up at the moment. C4 would be most likely to bring Big Brother home, and the management who axed it have moved on, but at the moment they're better off concentrating on The Circle and seeing where that goes, although I would say it's a format that I can't see having longevity.

Emma is popular across all networks (though I don't think she's done anything for C4 since BBLB in 2010), and heck even Rylan now has regular gigs at the BBC and ITV. A new slate is what is needed though - Marcus should have been first for the axe when it moved to C5, never mind now.
I’d be shocked if there wasn’t at least some truth to the fact that production have said they’ve had some interest in the format...

I mean no one thought BB stood a chance when Channel 4 gave up on it... The Channel 5 rumours had truth to them despite the fact that even leading up to the actual announcement they were still being taken with a grain of salt...

Personally I’d love to see what Netflix could do with BB... It’s not something that they’d typically get in to but they have been experimenting with some daily release items... They might also have more of an interest in hosting a live feed than other traditional broadcasters... They also aren’t as ratings focused...

CBS All Access (or a version thereof) is said to be launching in the UK some time in the near future... Launching with a renewed version of BBUK would be a great way to attract a UK audience to the service...

My only disappointment with online streaming would be availability to is international fans... I can see streaming services being tougher on YouTube Uploaders than C5/C4 have been in the past...