Skip to main content

Civilian Big brother UK 2018

Wow just seen the ratings for this series, they are horrible and way down on the last civilian series. I wonder if the announcement of the cancellation + what happened between Roxanne and Ryan on Celeb BB has caused people to switch off.
Oh that makes me so sad šŸ˜­

I actually think Roxy and ryan made people turn on the Celebrity series not off. That was reality tv gold.

I would think that neither have anything to do with the ratings drop... If anything ratings would be increasing due to this being the ā€œfinalā€ series and if the Roxanne drama played a role I think CBB would have had a drop as well...

Personally I think the late time slot and the fact that itā€™s airing outside of the summer months has more to do with the decline... That and there was little to no promotion for the series...
I agree.

Such a shame too. Itā€™s shaping up to be a CRACKER!

Wow just seen the ratings for this series, they are horrible and way down on the last civilian series. I wonder if the announcement of the cancellation + what happened between Roxanne and Ryan on Celeb BB has caused people to switch off.

Celeb BB was on at 9pm, BB at 10pm.

Yeah I don't buy that because BB aired at 10 pm most days last year as well and was able to stay around the 900k mark.

10pm in the summer months is one thing... 10pm in September and on-wards is another... Add in a lack of promotion, the fact that the show launched on a Friday night, and there is no show on Saturday's... We also have first run programming returning from summer hiatus...

Not sure why I'm even attempting a conversation with you about this since once you've made your mind up about something that's it...

10pm in the summer months is one thing... 10pm in September and on-wards is another... Add in a lack of promotion, the fact that the show launched on a Friday night, and there is no show on Saturday's... We also have first run programming returning from summer hiatus...

Not sure why I'm even attempting a conversation with you about this since once you've made your mind up about something that's it...

You are right I didn't factor in the fact that the civilian BB usually airs in June. Could explain the lower ratings. Moving on I am loving the gameplay aspect of this season. Hope that if BB were ever to return here in Australia they try to incorporate more gameplay in the format as it make things more interesting and brings out the competitive side in housemates.

1st evictee:

Anamelia

Twists:

1. The public will nominate 1 HM per week in secret by voting for thier favourites on the BB App
  2. There will be a weekly ā€˜Game Changerā€™ competition which will allow one HM the power to change nominations.

You are right I didn't factor in the fact that the civilian BB usually airs in June. Could explain the lower ratings. Moving on I am loving the gameplay aspect of this season. Hope that if BB were ever to return here in Australia they try to incorporate more gameplay in the format as it make things more interesting and brings out the competitive side in housemates.

I honestly think itā€™s a prefect storm and hard to pin point one issue exactly... Channel 5 really arenā€™t doing themselves any favours with some of the decisions theyā€™ve made regarding this series... The only ones who really seem to care about the series are production...

IMO BBAU need to adapt a version of the American format...

I honestly think itā€™s a prefect storm and hard to pin point one issue exactly... Channel 5 really arenā€™t doing themselves any favours with some of the decisions theyā€™ve made regarding this series... The only ones who really seem to care about the series are production...

IMO BBAU need to adapt a version of the American format...

Yep. I think a mix of the BB UK and American format could work here. I think if they brought the American format over fully it would be a flop.

yes but keep the relationship you guys had with Big brother..that was the best part the way he interacted with them..especially Tim

Yep. I think a mix of the BB UK and American format could work here. I think if they brought the American format over fully it would be a flop.

I agree... Obviously there would need to be some changes made for the format to suit an Australian audience... Personally I think one of the biggest mistakes BB Canada made has been sticking to the American format too closely...

The warnings are required so in the event of complaints C5 arenā€™t on the hook for airing ā€œoffensiveā€ material...
They don't need them at all - C5 are just patronising cunts.

I'm not watching this at present, I'm watching The Circle instead, pretty funny reality show.
That has been pleasantly surprising - it's a decent little show and I suspect C4 will be more inclined to give that a second chance than bring back Big Brother straight away.

With this series though once again just as in 2010 it's clear the production team will step up to the mark when their jobs are on the line - otherwise they don't seem to care about the product they've given users. The improvements and changes this year almost exactly mirror what happened in the final year of the C4 contract too - though to be fair back then they'd really only had one bad year when they served up utter shit, rather than five.

They don't need them at all - C5 are just patronising cunts.

I don't believe that's a fair assessment... I know for a fact Oftcom have listed those warnings as reasoning to rule in C5's favour on a number of occasions...

The only think similar to the 2010 series has been the "Game Changer" challenge... And it's not as if they haven't recycled twist before... When the show ended on C4 they basically tore up the rule book and did things outside of the norm... It was apparrently the final series so they did things they had always wanted to do... IMO a lot of what we saw in the C5 revival was a result of that final series... This time around I feel it's different in that they seem to be trying to restore some of those core values that have been lost... I can appreciate the similarities but I think it's a completely different ballgame this time around...

Back