Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother UK - Series Discussion

They used to run a kind of BB tipping game on Jokers Updates. I think you started with a winner prediction and then each week picked who you thought would be evicted and also got a further chance to pick a winner but as the show progressed the winner choice was worth fewer points. If you had picked Bear at the start at 10 points and then continued to pick him throughout then all those points add up at the end, along with any evictee wins you also picked. So you can clean up backing a winner from the start... but you risk losing it all if he comes second!

Kinda complicated but fun. Must have been a headache for the guy who ran it though!

...hahaha!... I've never been any good at running things like that so that's why I was so impressed with your 'Australian Survivor' sweepstakes video... that was pure gold to watch lol!... colour me mega impressed!... cheers.

...hahaha!... I've never been any good at running things like that so that's why I was so impressed with your 'Australian Survivor' sweepstakes video... that was pure gold to watch lol!... colour me mega impressed!... cheers.
Haha cheers for that. I don't know if you looked at my youtube channel but he did a sweep draw for one of the BBAUs as well. Maybe I should think of a regular gig for him and 'monetise' it. lol

Haha cheers for that. I don't know if you looked at my youtube channel but he did a sweep draw for one of the BBAUs as well. Maybe I should think of a regular gig for him and 'monetise' it. lol

...you may be a budding YouTube megastar in the making!... why not?... lol!... cheers.

Bear won Bah humbug!! I wish the US would do a celebrity big brother,even watching it in US format than this steaming pile of crap

So I'm watching the final now, a day after it was available on YouTube - I am a bit of a masochist in this way, I wanted to prolong the agony... nor have I read posts here in the forum let alone peeked at any kind of media because 'curiosity got the better of me' - no I wanted to savour the moment and that's what I'm doing now.

This is what I seee:

Till the very end the Americans live in their own universe, a single block, separated from the other HMs on the couch. Marnie and Bear opposite with Ricky a little to the side - fence sitting as usual... or is it a last-minute attempt to show the nation that he is different/special - the one who should by rights win?

So the first one out - or should I say number 6 is Frankie the Duck. He seems terribly surprised, I am not. I could hear a glass panel shattering (or was that just in my mind?) akin to the sound bite I heard when Hillary Rodham held her important speech while accepting the Democratic nomination. She'd broken the glass ceiling yay!.... Frankie Duck didn't manage to break it but the kind producers played the sound anyway.

Amber/Audrey's hair has turned pink overnight - that is some weird magic she is doing.

morticia.JPG

Surely the lovable Morticia is going to win this thing!

Number 5 is, surprise surprise, Amber/Audrey. That pink hair was a mistake. She should have worn her feline ears, I just had a gut feeling something was wrong - and why is she wearing the same bridal gown she wore on opening night - isn't that bad luck? Good riddance.

(Ssshhhh.... I'm keeping an eye on Emma 'clueless' Willis and her treatment of the individual evictees - not surprisingly she got the tingles when interviewing Frankie the Duck and was unperturbed by his constant interruptions and outbursts of grandeur - Heavy D didn't enjoy such benignancy.)

Number 4 is Marnie, sweet girl who without a doubt was the most pleasant and next to Bear authentic HM. I suppose her affiliation with Lewis finally caught up with her.
Now I am REALLY curious how Emma 'clueless' Willis is going to try and torture the poor girl. :shifty:

...yes, condescending from the beginning, criticizing Marnie's outfit. Emma you're a cow. Shame on you! You sang the praise of Frankie Duck and Amber/Aubrey during their respective interviews and as I just KNEW would happen, you are interrogating Marnie, trying to lay traps, hoping for Marnie to trip up.

Number 3 is Morticia the Cosa Nostra matron. Bear, you'd better change your name and undergo heavy plastic surgery on your face or you're a dead man!

Emma 'clueless' Willis is gonna get the tingles again interviewing Renee. She didn't comment on Renee's ridiculously short dress which only just about conceals her artificial ass. Strange that.

Runner-up is Ricky. How he got there only the gods or those who watch East-Enders know.

The winner rightfully is Bear. Needless to say, I am satisfied with the result.

The interview? Oh shut up Emma. You don't stand a chance against Bear, why do you even try? You're the one who looks like the fool.... let it go Ms Clueless.

That was fun! An entertaining series where we saw the formation of the UN which, just as in real life turned out to be ineffective in the end. Again we were privileged to get a taste of La La Land (as if we didn't taste that daily through our TV sets.)

Now I'm looking forward to the next series in the new year and to meeting you forumites again. :joyful:

...that Emma has quit to concentrate on other shows, with Rylan set to take over.

REALLY?!? My wish come true! Rylan is so much better, he can concentrate and he is completely free of bias compared to Emma 'clueless' Willis.
I've thought for quite some time now that she doesn't actually watch the show but gets her 'inspiration' third hand from Twitter and possibly other social media or she wouldn't come out with such incoherent, senseless claptrap as she usually does.
When it was first mentioned here that she's involved in a few other shows it began to make sense.
Get rid of her I say and let someone who is committed take over!

Actually the only thing that surprised me was that he made it through the entire interview without OFF! OFF! OFF! Did they dose the audience with Valium before the last segment???
Well the crowd has never reflected the opinions of viewers - they seem to have lapped it all up. It's probably Viacom employees.

...get a load of this bullshit from this website below... and read the comments from posters below it... what they say sums it up pretty well in my books lol!...

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-t...r-overhaul-next-year-says-channel-5-boss.html

...and here is the guy that is responsible for totally screwing up the Big Brother Show altogether... he's Ben Frow... he is the criminal responsible for making the show the shitball excuse of a show that it is now... the bastard!...cheers.

Ben_Frow_web.jpg

Celebrity Big Brother set for major overhaul next year, says Channel 5 boss
Posted August 28, 2016 23:35 by Josh Darvill

Celebrity Big Brother is set to undergo a big overhaul next year, Channel 5's boss has revealed.

Channel 5's Director of TV Ben Frow says he wants to make sure the series remains as the Number 1 reality show.

"I do think Love Island gave us a little bit of a jolt this year," he admitted. "It's no big thing, they got a two week head start which made me f**king angry, frankly."

Speaking at the Edinburgh International Television Festival, Frow went on: "Big Brother is 17 years old, it'll be 18 years old next year, it's still going. I don't want to be the person who kills Big Brother...

"It's all good so far but we owe it to the viewers to ask 'How can we reposition this for the future? How can we keep surprising the viewer? How can we take something that is a great premise, filming people 24 hours a day, what can we do with it going forward?'

"I'd like to have that brave, big, bold, blue sky discussion with the makers of Big Brother.

"After this series is finished, we'll go 'In January it starts again, what could we do that'll make us leaders?'"

He declared: "Big Brother has been the number 1 reality show for 17 years, I do not want to be second, I want to keep being a leader in terms of reality."

Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother will both return to Channel 5 next year.

• Jonathan Marvill4 hours ago
      Stop fixing it for a start and stop with the bullies

John5 hours ago
      Demolish both Houses and start from scratch, abide strictly by the rule book,let the public really decide all outcomes genuinely for eviction. The show is as much about the participation of the public as it is about the housemates.

Penny5 hours ago
      Bring back the decent , ordinary public.
      Bring back the Pete's, Kate's, Brian's and the Sam's of this world. And if they do something wrong. BOOT THEM OUT. Don't give them fifty million warnings first.
      And decent tasks. Like keeping the fire in the garden lit for three days by having two people watch it at all times.
      And stop giving them booze and parties.

GemMyJane6 hours ago
      Yawn...I'll believe it when I see it. They keep saying the next edition will be so different but it never happens. Just a galore of stupid twists that always flop.

K-Artin9 hours ago
      For starters, bring back the live feeds... All the die-hard BB fans have been saying it for years now... & stop casting wanna-be's and somewhat-have-been's in the civilian series ffs :D

...and this from a former housemate and host of Big Brother apparently... confirmation that the show is bullshit... form this website below... cheers.

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-t...d-reality-says-former-host-brian-dowling.html

Big Brother is now 'produced reality', says former host Brian Dowling
Posted August 28, 2016 22:50 by Josh Darvill

Big Brother and Celebrity Big Brother are forms of 'produced reality' now, it's been claimed.

Following outrage over 'staged' scenes during last week's final day of Celebrity Big Brother, former host Brian Dowling has spoken out.

The Big Brother 2 winner reckons that REAL reality is just too boring for today's viewers.

"It has changed where it’s probably more produced reality as opposed to when I was on the show and it was reality," Brian admitted.

He explained to The Sun newspaper: "I think if we did my show now from 2001 I don't think people would watch cause they would find it boring. When we did take our tasks it would last three days. Now you've got to do tasks everyday.

"We had to keep a fire alight for a week and had to train a dog how to do tricks. Nowadays if people watched that they would go it's so boring. If I was in the show now I'd be voted out straight away."

Brian won not only Big Brother back in 2001 but also Ultimate Big Brother in 2010 before signing up as host of the series when it moved to Channel 5.

With rumours that another all star special is planned for next summer's 20th series, Brian has said he'd be up for a third stint in the house.

He said: "I think being in the show winning it then presenting it then going in as a housemate again I kind of think maybe I should just stop but if I have to defend my trophy I will defend my trophy and I would say bring it on."

Celebrity Big Brother will return to Channel 5 in the new year.

Reactions: koo
REALLY?!? My wish come true! Rylan is so much better, he can concentrate and he is completely free of bias compared to Emma 'clueless' Willis.
I've thought for quite some time now that she doesn't actually watch the show but gets her 'inspiration' third hand from Twitter and possibly other social media or she wouldn't come out with such incoherent, senseless claptrap as she usually does.
When it was first mentioned here that she's involved in a few other shows it began to make sense.
Get rid of her I say and let someone who is committed take over!
Please tell me this is sarcasm. Rylan is fucking terrible and has made BBBotS pretty much unwatchable since Emma stopped hosting the majority of the episodes.

As she's gotten busier and busier over the years she doesn't seem to be as aware of what's going on, but she's still miles ahead of the shite Rylan will put us through. He can barely do a decent interview on BBBotS, let alone doing the main eviction interviews...

Please tell me this is sarcasm. Rylan is fucking terrible and has made BBBotS pretty much unwatchable since Emma stopped hosting the majority of the episodes.

As she's gotten busier and busier over the years she doesn't seem to be as aware of what's going on, but she's still miles ahead of the shite Rylan will put us through. He can barely do a decent interview on BBBotS, let alone doing the main eviction interviews...

...I myself think that Rylan's main downfall in BOTS is having that same old same old ridiculous circle of regular audience members on his show all of the time... they make me sick to the stomach... they are sycophantic idiots that bow and scrape and agree with everything that Rylan says... that's where he comes undone as far as I'm concerned... either get rid of the audience altogether and have a 'The Project' style of show and he would do so much better in my opinion... just saying... cheers.

Back