Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother tipped for later this year

It is happening, if Michael Idato, SMH Entertainment Editor is to be believed. Wonder if anything similar has been put in the Courier Mail (qld) as well...

It will be shown in the 4th quarter, run for 5 to 6 weeks.

Reckon it could go up against the speculated fast-tracked second season of I'm A Celebrity (if that's still happening)?

Here's the article again with source link (thanks @DAMOTRON):

Sydney Morning Herald - Michael Idato said:
TV news: Celebrity Big Brother returns

Nine's reboot of Celebrity Big Brother is said to be in the advanced stages of development. Nine had originally planned to rest its Big Brother format, shifting the show's host, Sonia Kruger, into a role with another Nine format, The Voice. But the success of Ten's I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here appears to have rekindled interest in the "celebrity" edition of Big Brother, a mainstay of the UK TV schedule. In Australia it was tested once by Ten in 2001; it lasted just one season.

Source

Last edited:
THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD

"Nine's reboot of Celebrity Big Brother is said to be in the advanced stages of development. Nine had originally planned to rest its Big Brother format, shifting the show's host, Sonia Kruger, into a role with another Nine format, The Voice. But the success of Ten's I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here appears to have rekindled interest in the "celebrity" edition of Big Brother, a mainstay of the UK TV schedule. In Australia it was tested once by Ten in 2001; it lasted just one season."

The rest of the article is unrelated to CBB...

I recon as well as some others that it's been pushed forward due to the poor ratings of The Block and Reno Rumble and with another Block for 2015 Nine are worried

Hopefully it replaces the second season of the block? :p

Oh, is that a thing that's happening?

Not too sure actually. I haven't seen or heard any solid detail confirming or denying a fast-tracked season 2. I'm not ruling it out but there is great uncertainty.

I'm pretty sure that the second season for of the block for this year was scheduled to start filming a few days ago. Once they've started they'll probably have to screen it so that it ends near to their auction episode

If anyone can't be bothered clicking the link:

‘We’re looking at everyone’ Celebrity Big Brother reboot is on the cards
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • MAY 21, 2015 10:20AM

718736-1988ca66-ff5b-11e4-9430-4717fa7bce71.jpg

Off the back of I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!, the production company is looking at emulating that success.

Confidential understands they’ve cast the net far and wide, looking at everyone from D-list comedians to country music stars and washed up reality stars.

Casting is key with the format.

“We’re looking at everyone,” said a production source.

The only Celebrity Big Brother Australia aired for just one season on Channel Ten in 2002, running for 21 days with 12 celebrities confined to the big brother house.

Cast that series were Kyle Sandilands, Anthony Mundine, Gabby Millgate, Imogen Bailey and Sarah-Marie Fedele.

Stephen Tate was at the helm on that show and is now head of entertainment and factual programming at Ten, where he drove I’m A Celebrity with the casting genius combinations of Maureen McCormack, Freddie Flintoff, Merv Hughes and Chrissie Swan.

While we ran just one season here, the Celebrity Big Brother format has been hugely successful in the UK, where it wrapped its 15th series in February with Katie Price as the winner.

Endemol chief executive Janeen Faithfull is believed to be personally driving the latest Celebrity Big Brother project.

Endemol Australia is the production company behind controversial new series Married At First Sight, as well TV drama’s Offspring, Party Tricks and The Beautiful Lie.

If anyone can't be bothered clicking the link:

‘We’re looking at everyone’ Celebrity Big Brother reboot is on the cards
  • THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
  • MAY 21, 2015 10:20AM

718736-1988ca66-ff5b-11e4-9430-4717fa7bce71.jpg

Off the back of I’m A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!, the production company is looking at emulating that success.

Confidential understands they’ve cast the net far and wide, looking at everyone from D-list comedians to country music stars and washed up reality stars.

Casting is key with the format.

“We’re looking at everyone,” said a production source.

The only Celebrity Big Brother Australia aired for just one season on Channel Ten in 2002, running for 21 days with 12 celebrities confined to the big brother house.

Cast that series were Kyle Sandilands, Anthony Mundine, Gabby Millgate, Imogen Bailey and Sarah-Marie Fedele.

Stephen Tate was at the helm on that show and is now head of entertainment and factual programming at Ten, where he drove I’m A Celebrity with the casting genius combinations of Maureen McCormack, Freddie Flintoff, Merv Hughes and Chrissie Swan.

While we ran just one season here, the Celebrity Big Brother format has been hugely successful in the UK, where it wrapped its 15th series in February with Katie Price as the winner.

Endemol chief executive Janeen Faithfull is believed to be personally driving the latest Celebrity Big Brother project.

Endemol Australia is the production company behind controversial new series Married At First Sight, as well TV drama’s Offspring, Party Tricks and The Beautiful Lie.
My apologies man, didn't think of doing that. Will do for now on to make it easier for forum users! :)

I would watch it every night with Dee and Michelle on it, dislike both of them but man would it make good viewing, and yes put Shayna in also. Dee might be able to stay nice to her for a while but 24/7 no way.

If I see more of Dee or Scott Cam, I'll consider shooting myself in the foot.....

But how will poor Scott Cam survive without being in front of a tv camera? Without appearing on a reality tv show he will be quickly become forgotten by the Australian public. We can't have that.

Back