Skip to main content

Celebrity Big Brother tipped for later this year

I'd honestly love to see international hosts come in the house. I love your idea of seeing Julie Chem come into the house!
To me, the appeal of seeing Gretel/Davina in a CBB is to see how someone who let Big Brother completely consume their lives for three months each years and spent so much of their own time watching footage and discussing the show, to see how they would play the game after watching so many different strategies etc.

Because of the different rules in BBUS/CA, seeing Julie Chen in CBBAU would be less rewarding - since it's a completely different game.

I know this is off topic but Chris Blackburn the other producer who works with Alex M has been on the show since the very start back in 2001. I was just watching an "audition special" based on the 2001 auditions and he was in a room with Peter Abbot talking about a potential housemate.

I know this is off topic but Chris Blackburn the other producer who works with Alex M has been on the show since the very start back in 2001. I was just watching an "audition special" based on the 2001 auditions and he was in a room with Peter Abbot talking about a potential housemate.

What are you implying? The better big brother seasons were rated and produced well because of Peter Abott?

To me, the appeal of seeing Gretel/Davina in a CBB is to see how someone who let Big Brother completely consume their lives for three months each years and spent so much of their own time watching footage and discussing the show, to see how they would play the game after watching so many different strategies etc.

Because of the different rules in BBUS/CA, seeing Julie Chen in CBBAU would be less rewarding - since it's a completely different game.

It would completely throw her off her game! And it would be downright hilarious seeing her interact with an actual Big Brother she never dealt with in the U.S.

It would completely throw her off her game! And it would be downright hilarious seeing her interact with an actual Big Brother she never dealt with in the U.S.
Problem is she isn't even a z grade celeb in Australia. She is unknown.

I just read the Wikipedia article on The Talk, and you're right.
ACTUALLY... I forgot about the Talk. That is shown on Aussie TV isn't it? I don't know when or which channel - I've never watched it, but I guess there would be some who know her here from that show.

What are you implying? The better big brother seasons were rated and produced well because of Peter Abott?
Calm down deadasdisco ;) I am not implying anything. I merely made an observation and thought it was strange to see Blackburn pop up in a BB video from 2001 even though I am well aware of the fact that there are a large number of people who worked on the show last year who had been working on BB since the start in 2001.

I wouldn't be surprised tbh. If they did a CBBAU and they wanted an ex Australian Housemate Tim Dormer would be the top of their list imo.

Calm down deadasdisco ;) I am not implying anything. I merely made an observation and thought it was strange to see Blackburn pop up in a BB video from 2001 even though I am well aware of the fact that there are a large number of people who worked on the show last year who had been working on BB since the start in 2001.

haha i'm calm man! Was just kindly curious :D

Other than the KIIS radio interview, Sonia has also mentioned CBB possibilities in an interview with Jenna Clarke for SMH

Sydney Morning Herald said:
26 April 2015

While she [Sonia] is looking forward to being back on air during the day, she's also gearing up to co-host The Voice with Darren McCullen and, if she gets her wish, a local spin off of Celebrity Big Brother later in the year.

"Perhaps, perhaps, we'll do Celebrity Big Brother. That's still under discussion at the moment but I've always been a huge fan of 'Celeb BB' in the UK, it's a massive show over there and The Voice is a huge show globally and to be a part of those global franchises is just a massive vote of confidence from the network"

Full article: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cel...-says-one-baby-is-enough-20150425-1msse1.html

Makes sense that should it happen that Nine would want Tim in there since he's arguably the most popular housemate from their era, although if he's returning then I don't like our chances of NOT getting a The Block contestant too.

ACTUALLY... I forgot about the Talk. That is shown on Aussie TV isn't it? I don't know when or which channel - I've never watched it, but I guess there would be some who know her here from that show.

1:30pm - 2:30pm on Ten (tomorrow, May 2nd), 12-1 PM on Sunday..... seems to be mostly weekends on Ten.

Think the talk about Julie Chen can clearly stop as she'd have no reason to do it and her one day in the house with The Talk hosts every year is probably more than enough.

If it goes ahead it'll be the usual zeleb crowd you expect on these sort of shows - and as BBUK shows it's usually more about personalities than it is about names. I don't know what sort of budget they'd have for it but I think if they capped it 4 weeks or so that might give them an advantage in signing people up over I'm a Celeb's 6 week series.

THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD

"Nine's reboot of Celebrity Big Brother is said to be in the advanced stages of development. Nine had originally planned to rest its Big Brother format, shifting the show's host, Sonia Kruger, into a role with another Nine format, The Voice. But the success of Ten's I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here appears to have rekindled interest in the "celebrity" edition of Big Brother, a mainstay of the UK TV schedule. In Australia it was tested once by Ten in 2001; it lasted just one season."

The rest of the article is unrelated to CBB...

I recon as well as some others that it's been pushed forward due to the poor ratings of The Block and Reno Rumble and with another Block for 2015 Nine are worried

Back