Skip to main content

Celebrity BBUSA confirmed for Winter 2018

Brekkie

Staff member
BBUSA did something last night it's rarely done in it's 18 year history - surprised viewers with an announcement nobody saw coming. CBS have only gone and commissioned Celebrity Big Brother to air in the Winter, after 19 (+1) regular seasons over nearly 20 years.

More here: https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2017/09/cbs-celebrity-big-brother-announced/

And an interesting quote from host Julie Chen, who just happens to be married to the boss of CBS:

“We had toyed with it dating back to season two. Paris Hilton agreed to do it and Roseanne Barr also said she was going to and then she backed out. It didn’t come together and I’m glad it didn’t so early on into the series. This is a direct quote from my husband. He said, ‘You and your show are single-handedly keeping this network afloat during the summer.’ He says it all the time, ‘I’m telling you Jules, you’re keeping this network running. You guys continue to make us money.’ He said to me, ‘You’re going to have to quit the show before the show is off the air. This was the first summer he said, ‘With these numbers I don’t see an end in sight. This series could on for a long time and longer than you’re going to be a part of it.’ That’s how long he sees it going on based on the following, the ratings and the numbers.”

This is actually a plesent surprise... Considering they pretty much said a few years ago that a celebrity series wouldn't attract more than z-listers... It should be interesting to see who they sign...

CBS has confirmed a launch date of February 7th ending on February 25th... There will be four two hour episodes during the 13 day run airing Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday...

Gotta day I’m not impressed with the “celebs” that are rumoured to be taking part in this... Seems they are taking a page from CBB UK and casting a bunch of reality show fame whores... Here’s hoping there are some other interesting twists to makeup for the lack of excitement over the casting...

Not seen rumours on the "celebs" but expectations are never high.

Interesting scheduling though and it might actually work for them - I guess they'll do evictions Mondays and Fridays, with Fridays probably being doubles. 10 celebs should be enough for the series.

Not seen rumours on the "celebs" but expectations are never high.

It's not that I have high expectations but I do think it would be disappointing to see a house full of recycled fame whores from other reality shows...

Interesting scheduling though and it might actually work for them - I guess they'll do evictions Mondays and Fridays, with Fridays probably being doubles. 10 celebs should be enough for the series.

That seems like a logical progression...

Celeb shows work best when it is people who have a career in a field rather than just a fame whore - doesn't matter if they're just starting out or very much hasbeens but they need to be more than just (not very) famous. You'd expect CBS to be able to pull in one or two of their soap stars who may not be mega famous but would at least be known to people familar with their shows.

Celeb shows work best when it is people who have a career in a field rather than just a fame whore - doesn't matter if they're just starting out or very much hasbeens but they need to be more than just (not very) famous. You'd expect CBS to be able to pull in one or two of their soap stars who may not be mega famous but would at least be known to people familar with their shows.
So true!

I am currently hooked on vintage BB CUK, and it demonstrates people, who were actually once famous, struggling to get on while trapped together 24/7, not reality stars doing anything they can to fight for the camera.

0bkqSCgl.jpg

Interesting - they didn't bother for the winter series a decade ago.

They have a bigger margin of error with a longer series... The celebrity series is cramming several months worth of content in to 13 episodes... I assume they'd rather not take any risks having any sort of delays due to weather in such a short amount of time...

Love the kitchen/diner - rest is pretty much as every series. Not 100% sold on the logo either, but never really been a fan of this logo anyway.

Love the kitchen/diner - rest is pretty much as every series. Not 100% sold on the logo either, but never really been a fan of this logo anyway.

I agree... The best part is the kitchen... The rest really isn't that bad though...

Cast was revealed tonight...

celebrity_big_brother_-_split_cbs_-_publicity-_embed_2018_copyxx.jpg

celebrity_big_brother_-_split_2_cbs_-_publicity-_embed_2018.jpg

Shannon Elizabeth (actress)
Omarosa (Apprentice star)
Meta World Peace (Ron Artest)
Chuck Liddell (MMA)
Ross Mathews (Presenter)
Mark McGrath (Singer, Sugar Ray)
Marissa Jaret Winokur
James Maslow (singer, Big Time Rush)
Keisha Knight Pulliam (Cosby show)
Adriana Gutierrez (Miss Universe 2015 runner up; Steve Harvey debacle)
Brandi Glanville (Real Housewives of Beverly Hills)

Reactions: Tee
Just saw an ad for this here on our Channel 10 in Australia. We haven't had BB here in Aus for a while. Pity. Really do miss it. Channel 10 here ruined BB, turning it more in to a game show with too many challenges, not enough air time, and no live streams. It just wasn't true BB. Ratings died as a result, and with them, so did BB. It last aired here in 2014. But that is another story. Channel 10 here has not been going all that well, and CBS have purchased a stake in it. So I guess I can see why Celeb BB USA is being screened here. Waste of time for me. Even as a BB fan, I have zero interest in watching a celeb version of it, complete with celebs that we Aussies don't know. Still, BB on Aus screens again, even in this form ... you just never know what the future may bring. Will BB make a come back here, with input and influence from CBS? Only time will tell. But I am not going to hold my breath. ☺

Just saw an ad for this here on our Channel 10 in Australia. We haven't had BB here in Aus for a while. Pity. Really do miss it. Channel 10 here ruined BB, turning it more in to a game show with too many challenges, not enough air time, and no live streams. It just wasn't true BB. Ratings died as a result, and with them, so did BB. It last aired here in 2014. But that is another story. Channel 10 here has not been going all that well, and CBS have purchased a stake in it. So I guess I can see why Celeb BB USA is being screened here. Waste of time for me. Even as a BB fan, I have zero interest in watching a celeb version of it, complete with celebs that we Aussies don't know. Still, BB on Aus screens again, even in this form ... you just never know what the future may bring. Will BB make a come back here, with input and influence from CBS? Only time will tell. But I am not going to hold my breath. ☺

We're on an Australian BB forum so we are all fully aware of what happened with BBAU... I like the idea of Channel 10 airing CBB US... It certainly shows that there is some interest left in BB... I'm hopeful that Australian audiences can warm to the US format... If Channel 10 are going to revive BBAU it should be similar in format to the American version... I'm not holding my breath either but it would be interesting to see where this goes... The CBS version of BB is by far one of the most successful formats in the world of BB... I think if they honestly wanted to revive the show they'd be the network to do it...

Interesting it'll air on 9Go - if it's true (Google brings up nothing!). Remember Endemol not CBS own the format so CBS's ownership of Ten means nothing. Indeed Endemol is now owned by Fox, who cut ties with Ten, and are themselves about to be owned by Disney.

More photos been released today - new gym upstairs, pool table on the balcony -all because the backyard has been significantly reduced in size to include just a hot tub, laundry area and seating area, in order to create a separate task area, allowing producers to rig comps (no, not in that way!) almost continually due to the increased pace of the show. The celebs move in tomorrow, a week ahead of the premiere.

Back