Skip to main content

CBB UK 2018 - Discussion

The most docile CBB UK ever. I have enjoyed it and to be honest I'm fascinated by the by the dynamics of the house.

Anne has been a great character and probably the storyline of the season. Of course there are many that are outraged that a very conservative 70 year old practising roman catholic would hold certain views and beliefs. Burn her at the stake they chant on social media, how dare she not just rollover and fall in line.

Then you have Wayne and Amanda who dare to be the voice of reason and say let her have an opinion. Anne rolls her eyes equally about the girls in short dresses as she does the boys swearing or shane and andrew wrestling.

I really like Shane J. Had never heard of him or Courtney before this. He is a really impressive human. I think he has been a touch unfairly judged within the house these last few days. As far as i can tell he has just tried to respectfully talk to anne about there differences, he probably didnt need to go to wayne and amanda and try to rally an lgbtqi team to oppose Anne.

The whole Amanda Shane J argument was so unnecessary. Amanda was a bit unfair but she was loyal to her friend.

Anyway i think the final 2 will be Anne and Shane j and i think that will be a good thing. Life is like that, not everybody is the same.
In these quite horrible times where everybody is angry with everybody else over every bloody thing i reckon anne and shane show that its possible to co habitat with out yelling screaming and threatening to kill each other.

Reactions: Tee
I'm actually really disappointed this series is coming to an end in just a few days... It easily could have went on for another few weeks with everything that has gone on... The two triple evictions really left me feeling a bit empty... Like there was a lot more story that could have been told if the evictions happened at a normal pace...

As much as I dislike Ann I could live with her pacing 2nd... Shane/Courtney is my winner and has been since he entered the house... I just hope the GBP agree...

I'd love Shane J to win. It was saddening to see him be bitchy and argumentative because I fear it may have cost him the win. I know it was in response to the energy around him. I work with someone who acts like Ann, eye rolling, huffing, constant negativity and it also makes me bitchy and argumentative. You really lose your equilibrium.

Taking Mileka and Ashley out together sucked.

I'd love Shane J to win. It was saddening to see him be bitchy and argumentative because I fear it may have cost him the win. I know it was in response to the energy around him. I work with someone who acts like Ann, eye rolling, huffing, constant negativity and it also makes me bitchy and argumentative. You really lose your equilibrium.

Taking Mileka and Ashley out together sucked.

That is my worry too... I can't get my head around the fact that people seem to justify her views and the way she's behaving in that house... 70 years old or not... Amanda is much older and has a much better attitude...

The live shows this series have been a let down... Taking Mileka and Ashley out together I guess is just the icing on the cake... Hopefully with a new creative director coming in for the summer series we see some improvements...

Our winner is....

CourtneyAct.png.aspx

Fuck! I can't stomach the way Emma talks about how perfect everything is... I find it to be so disingenuous... Not to say this wasn't a great series... In fact it's been one of the first series in a number of years that I've actually invested time in and cared to stay up to date on... It's been a refreshing change from some of the garbage that has been thrown at us over the years... However it was a FAR cry from perfect...

It was one of the best CCB's in years.
The lack of the total famewhore reality TV star element led it to be an interesting dynamic and conversation.
Hopefully they can see what they did right and correct future versions.

The lack of the total famewhore reality TV star element led it to be an interesting dynamic and conversation.

They raised the bar slightly... The improvements this series have mainly been in the casting department... The production is still very much a disaster zone... One can hope they've learned a thing or two from this series but I don't really expect much will change...

Oh my God!

OH MY GOD!

What an absolutely brilliant series! In my mind this series got back to basics it was about real people interacting on a very real level. It wasn’t about camera time and trying to shock, it was about honest discussion and interaction and I am so sad it has finished. I adored every second!

I found the winner and runner up to be perfect picks! The public got it so right! While I don’t agree with a lot of Anne’s views I absolutely respect her right to free speech and I adored listening to her debate, she is a diamond. And Courtney/Shane what a wonderful man, a shining example of how time and attitudes have changed by the vast majority in the Western world.

No doubt the next series will be back to the attention seeking “WAHHHHH” type housemates, and I will again watch every second, but I live in hope that the producers will focus more on having a cast like this one. A diverse intelligent group, who respect each other’s views and have a bit of fun while they’re at it.

I totally agree and live in hope too.

Fuck! I can't stomach the way Emma talks about how perfect everything is... I find it to be so disingenuous... Not to say this wasn't a great series... In fact it's been one of the first series in a number of years that I've actually invested time in and cared to stay up to date on... It's been a refreshing change from some of the garbage that has been thrown at us over the years... However it was a FAR cry from perfect...

I really love Emma, and felt the complete opposite to you. I think it was a perfect series and she was genuinely pleased to see BB get back to basics. I do agree that it was a refreshing change, and I live in hope the next series will get back to basics.

So tell me Mr Numbers, how did it rate?

I really love Emma, and felt the complete opposite to you. I think it was a perfect series and she was genuinely pleased to see BB get back to basics. I do agree that it was a refreshing change, and I live in hope the next series will get back to basics.

So tell me Mr Numbers, how did it rate?

I can't find a full run down of the ratings but I did see an article on BBSpy that said that the final was the lowest rated EVER... Reading some of the comments from people the biggest complaint this series was that it was boring and lacked controversy... The ratings I have seen IMO have been decent with no less than 1.5 per episode...

As for Emma's comments about the series... There are many long term fans like us that found the series "refreshing" but there still are many out there that didn't... She also started the series by telling Amanda she was the oldest HM ever which was not at all true... She's made false or misleading statements in other series as well... I think she just speaks sometimes without really doing much in terms of research...

I can't find a full run down of the ratings but I did see an article on BBSpy that said that the final was the lowest rated EVER... Reading some of the comments from people the biggest complaint this series was that it was boring and lacked controversy... The ratings I have seen IMO have been decent with no less than 1.5 per episode...

As for Emma's comments about the series... There are many long term fans like us that found the series "refreshing" but there still are many out there that didn't... She also started the series by telling Amanda she was the oldest HM ever which was not at all true... She's made false or misleading statements in other series as well... I think she just speaks sometimes without really doing much in terms of research...
That's such a shame to me (the ratings). Its like the majority of watchers want that putrid "look at me camera" behaviour in the house, rather than observing human interaction. I didn't find the series at all boring, in fact I found it to be like the Big Brother I know and love. I am really hoping the next series focusses on real housemates and not faux wanna be reality stars.

Ratings wise the damage is done - C5 pissed off the core fanbase by going after the casual viewer. The core fanbase gave up on it, and then as the C5 version got worse the casual viewer did too. However good the series is viewers just aren't coming back.

Ratings wise the damage is done - C5 pissed off the core fanbase by going after the casual viewer. The core fanbase gave up on it, and then as the C5 version got worse the casual viewer did too. However good the series is viewers just aren't coming back.

Their biggest mistake has been trying to compete with shows like TOWIE, Love Island, and Geordie Shore... In trying to be like other trashy "reality" shows they've completely lost it...

I have (belatedly) watched this. TBH I watched the first half of the season then watched the evictions thereafter. Maybe there was something in the second half that would explain how Ann made it to the finale* because I don't get it. What a miserable person. I knew the result before watching the end and the irony of the year of the women being won by a man (abeit a man dressed as a woman) was not lost on me, as Courtney was quick to point out. Shane/Courtney was fabulous from the start so I think it was no surprise he&she won. Very happy with that!

This was the first CBB I have watched for a few years now. The reduction in casting of reality TV famewhores was a definite improvement, as has been mentioned.

*if someone can explain that I would love to know.

I am currently half way through the series and to me this is what every BB should be like. Interesting without becoming contrived with too many twists. Also the editing and packaging of the shows is much better than it was on Nine. I believe that if the Australian show was as good as CBB UK was this year and was kept in a stable timeslot, it would still be on today. It also proved to me that Alex does not know how to keep a show going without adding twist after twist.

Back