Skip to main content

Cast announced

When they meant diversity, did they mean more than the neighbours cast?
Other than ethnicity, jobs/age is good for the cast i just want to see their personalities already

Reactions: Tee
I see the diversity in ages there. 17 out of 24 of them range from age 23 to, ooh... 33.

Reactions: Tee
Isnt that pretty much the same as the US? I wouldnt expect too many over 40s to apply for shows like these as they would be too busy with their families. I wouldnt want the producers to cast for diversity anyway, I would rather they pick the most suitable contestants.

Isnt that pretty much the same as the US? I wouldnt expect too many over 40s to apply for shows like these as they would be too busy with their families. I wouldnt want the producers to cast for diversity anyway, I would rather they pick the most suitable contestants.

Well let's look at the last few all-newbie seasons (returnee seasons kind of skew towards older casts)

Kaoh Rong:
18-33yo - 11/18

Worlds Apart:
18-33yo - 11/18

San Juan Del Sur:
18-33yo - 10/18

And then if you break those numbers down further, Kaoh Rong had an AA man and woman in that demographic; Worlds Apart had an Asian-American woman; and San Juan Del Sur had two Asian-American women. Whereas you couldn't even find Soy and Linseed amongst all this white bread.

Basically the Channel 10 cast have preached there will be diversity but probably totally Ron Burgundy'd it.
tumblr_nom7ibZPYW1rl35vno1_500.gif

There are a fair number of over 40 players on US Survivor.
The last cast had a guy in his 70s who made it to final 4.
There were 3 African American players that I can recall, one of whom is a doctor, but I think he is under 40.
There was a gay Asian American who was a Vietnamese refugee who is over 50.

One question: they were talking about "mateship" being important in survivor Australia on this podcast I heard on Survivor Oz. They implied that it is something to do with Australians that is different than Americans and so maybe Australians would play differently.
What is mateship?
Is it being bros?
Just another name for friendship?
I've never heard this term before.

Last edited:
One question: they were talking about "mateship" being important in survivor Australia on this podcast I heard on Survivor Oz. They implied that it is something to do with Australians that is different than Americans and so maybe Australians would play differently.
What is mateship?
Is it being bros?
Just another name for friendship?
I've never heard this term before.
Yeah it is a term we use for friendship.

You're me mate Rosie :)

Doesn't seem much like the US version at all for ages, rarely do they seem to have anyone over 30, most lately have been early 20s with a few token "oldies" So far the pick looks good, hopefully that pans out.
I really hope this version doesn't disappoint like the last one did.

Yeah it is a term we use for friendship.

You're me mate Rosie :)
Thanks.
Does you guys think that the idea of loyalty is more important in Australia than the US in regards to Survivor? Will people be less likely to turn on their allies or be looked down on by Australia if they do?

In the US, Woo is seen as making the worst move in Survivor history by some people because he chose to go to the end with Tony, his sortof ally since day 1, instead of Kass, who people think he could have easily beaten. Woo thought he could beat Tony but he also thought there was not honor in taking Tony to the final two.

Last edited:
yeah i followed the season @Rose711; and I wouldn't be certain that Michelle would go at f5. I get the feeling had that Medevac not happened, Tai would've flipped over and either Joe or Aubry would have gone anyway.

Back