Skip to main content

Can we replace Julia Morris with a host with personality please?

Has anyone else noticed that on a few occasions Julia keeps on changing positions a little bit where she is standing to move closer to Chris? I notice Chris's body language as she does that and he kind of looks annoyed and embarrassed, sometimes even nodding his head sideways.

Has anyone else noticed that on a few occasions Julia keeps on changing positions a little bit where she is standing to move closer to Chris? I notice Chris's body language as she does that and he kind of looks annoyed and embarrassed, sometimes even nodding his head sideways.
I think that is all part of their routine, I like her a lot, she makes me laugh

I think it's part of her routine too, she's obviously flirting with him as part of her schtick. He, not being an actor or comedian, is probably a bit genuinely embarrassed, but it's more than likely that it's something they've cooked up between them, like all the snake references.

I used to loathe Julia Morris and her contorted facial expressions in her comedy days, but I've warmed to her now.

I like her upfront and dryish style but sometimes she is a bit odd with it. I am not fond of the facial strangenesses she does. By dryish I mean more like deadpan. She comes in bang with the oneliner but it's delivered the way I like. I can't explain it very well.

Reactions: Tee
I think it's part of her routine too, she's obviously flirting with him as part of her schtick. He, not being an actor or comedian, is probably a bit genuinely embarrassed, but it's more than likely that it's something they've cooked up between them, like all the snake references.

I used to loathe Julia Morris and her contorted facial expressions in her comedy days, but I've warmed to her now.
I completely agree.

The super exaggerated and contorted facials coupled with that irritating tone used to drive me quite mad, but I am really enjoying her on Celeb. I think she nails the role like Prisus to a cross.

I laugh out loud during every episode. I think she is great.

I also like the dry, deadpan delivery of Judith Lucy too. It's the deliberate, measured and no nonsense way it comes out. Julia has more visuals going with it but it hits the target well.

I have to admit I don't stay glued to this show and don't watch religiously however Julia is pretty much the only genuine reason to watch for me, her "schtick" is fun, and I laugh out loud at her jokes (sometimes for extended periods, and when everyone else has stopped). I think her style either appeals to you, or you'll think it's puerile. I like the silliness of it all.

So does my longstanding belief that we will never again see a gay couple compete on The Block while he is host stand up?

(edit my apologies for swaying this thread from Celeb)

So I know this is OT but I do know a gay couple who have made it to the next stage

I could not disagre with you more.

Her awkwardness is endearing and her over the top jokes are hilarious. More Julia on my screen thank you very much![DOUBLEPOST=1423197286][/DOUBLEPOST]
He isn't ignoring her. It's all part of their schtick.

I agree with everything here, word for word.

Back