Skip to main content

Brush with Celebrity

Actually when I went to the Star Trek movie world premiere at the Opera House some years ago, Hamish & Andy were sitting a row or two in front of us, and Indira Naidoo in front of them. Indira Naidoo got busted for having her phone in there (all phones were banned because this was a premiere). From where we were sitting it sure looked like she got the 'celeb' treatment and they gave her her phone back. BUT, I recently mentioned this on twitter and within minutes a very annoyed Indira Naidoo jumped in from nowhere to deny it, claiming she remembered having to queue up to collect it afterwards.

She must have some special alerts come up when her name comes up on Twitter! I mean it's not like she's following me. :D

Actually when I went to the Star Trek movie world premiere at the Opera House some years ago, Hamish & Andy were sitting a row or two in front of us, and Indira Naidoo in front of them. Indira Naidoo got busted for having her phone in there (all phones were banned because this was a premiere). From where we were sitting it sure looked like she got the 'celeb' treatment and they gave her her phone back. BUT, I recently mentioned this on twitter and within minutes a very annoyed Indira Naidoo jumped in from nowhere to deny it, claiming she remembered having to queue up to collect it afterwards.

She must have some special alerts come up when her name comes up on Twitter! I mean it's not like she's following me. :D
Isn't she the one who drank her own urine?

Don't know if this counts but I went to a red dwarf event and met the actors who play cat, Lister, and Kryten.

i saw Jeannie at a book signing in San Diego, USA

Not Jeannie Little

Barbara Eden, aka, "I Dream of Jeannie"

She was still very very appealing !

Ah, forgot about them! I met Barbara Eden and Larry Hagman at supanova comic con a few years ago. They were sitting being largely ignored (while the queue for the guy who played Draco malfoy in Harry Potter was 4 hours long..) so I went up and said hi and how I loved the show. I mentioned I'd never seen an episode of Dallas to LH and he chuckled and said that was ok... Barbara was lovely and said she was really enjoying Perth. They offered the standard signed picture but I declined.

Amy Schumer a couple months back in Central Park, NYC. I was just going for a walk north of the reservoir. I was annoyed by the joggers and was on a dirt road right next to it. I saw someone and a trainer jogging towards me. Nothing unusual but then something just snapped in my head, some subconcious recognition, look back made eye contact saw her recognize me recognizing her. We passed.

Like 10 years ago or more I met Dave Grohl. He was really nice. It was going the lame, 'go to a sound check at festival hall in Melbourne. Hang out at the stage door. Hope we get invited into the sound check. Dave came out to say hi to everyone. People like Nate from the band came out to smoke and stayed away. No acknowledgement. Dave was super friendly, shaking hands, chatting. All he said was, 'No photo's I don't have time.' I turned around and took a selfie (before they were cool mind you) and Dave gave a scowling look. It's an awesome picture. He was cool and so yeah.

I actually met a lot of musicians back in the day. Does anyone care I got drunk with Sum 41? Probably not. I met the Madden Brothers back before they were famous. They were really nice and friendly. It literally was before they were famous in 2000.

The odd Aussie personality here and there. Nothing too exciting. I have also met people I didn't know they were famous. From neighbors and various other reality TV shows like project runway Australia. Neighbors were on My Kitchen Rules. A friend was on Big Brother. Actually have known two people who have been on big brother. They never went far. As if anyone reads this they'll ask. Xaiver from one of the nine seasons. He is friends with some guys that I was good friends with. So used to hang out a lot, well before BB. Even went away on trips and shit. Seen his band. Actually haven't seen any of those dudes since Xav was on BB. Then some guy Jamie from one of the channel 10 seasons. I think he got 10 grand to leave early. Used to wear a Bam t-shirt. Knew him socially. I may or may not have gotten laid from hanging outwith him and the attention BB celeb status brought him.

Like 10 years ago or more I met Dave Grohl. He was really nice. It was going the lame, 'go to a sound check at festival hall in Melbourne. Hang out at the stage door. Hope we get invited into the sound check. Dave came out to say hi to everyone. People like Nate from the band came out to smoke and stayed away. No acknowledgement. Dave was super friendly, shaking hands, chatting. All he said was, 'No photo's I don't have time.' I turned around and took a selfie (before they were cool mind you) and Dave gave a scowling look. It's an awesome picture. He was cool and so yeah.

I actually met a lot of musicians back in the day. Does anyone care I got drunk with Sum 41? Probably not. I met the Madden Brothers back before they were famous. They were really nice and friendly. It literally was before they were famous in 2000.

Oh god, my young teenage self is soooo jealous of you right now. I reckon that would have completed my life when I was circa 14 years old! I'd even enjoy it now for old times sake.

Also, Dave Grohl seriously seems like one of the nicest guys out there.

confusing Indira Naidoo for Indira Gandhi and it was in fact Mahatma Gandhi who drank his own urine.
:laugh:
LMAO that makes some perverse kind of sense. Not sure why Indira Gandhi would have gone to the Star Trek premiere - especially after having been assassinated in 1984 and all that (although for all I know she was a big Trekkie).

I shared a bottle of red with Alex Dimitriades once*. Nice guy.

*For those that enjoy the ‘fine print’ of a story (party poopers) – it was on a flight from Sydney to Melbourne. We sat next to each other, and I only realised who it was ages into the flight when the attendant asked, “More wine, Mr Dimitriades?” (Too engrossed in my trashy magazine to notice lol). The nice guy bit is true though.

Oh – and I met the Young Talent Time crew back in the day. Snagged a photo with Vince Deltito, and got Dannii Minogue’s autograph.

Yep, I’m that cool. ;)

I exchanged pleasantries in a bookshop in San Francisco with Lance Armstrong while waiting for a friend to come and have a photo op with him.

I was never a fan.
Me neither. Obviously.
He is an interesting human case study though I think. The whole saga as we much as we know now reads like a nazi spy novel with gestapo tactics and a totalitarian leader who had problems with his testicles:D

Me neither. Obviously.
He is an interesting human case study though I think. The whole saga as we much as we know now reads like a nazi spy novel with gestapo tactics and a totalitarian leader who had problems with his testicles:D

It is amazing to think how far people will go to win. That attitude of if you don't win you are a loser that we hear or read about so often, sometimes stated directly, and sometimes stated indirectly, is very a toxic and unhelpful way of thinking.

I exchanged pleasantries in a bookshop in San Francisco with Lance Armstrong while waiting for a friend to come and have a photo op with him.

I had a similar experience with Matthew Mitcham (well apart from the USA, only Adelaide). He was doing a book signing, but I didn't know about that, I was genuinely browsing for other books. He came in & set up his desk, and was very friendly.

Ummm she what? I'm sure she'll be right here to refute that too. :D
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh and my claim to fame. I pashed Jimmy Barnes's guitarist Charlie Sexton at an after party. To this day I am SPEWING I didn't take up his offer and go back to his hotel.

Pmsl, either Trala is having a lend of us or she has completely got her wires crossed and confusing Indira Naidoo for Indira Gandhi and it was in fact Mahatma Gandhi who drank his own urine.

Sheesh, why did I bother going there with this?:facepalm:

:laugh:
It's actually true.

Apparently Gandhi doing it is what inspired her.

Back