Skip to main content

Brush with Celebrity

camera_shy_2

Autographs $9.95
At the airport earlier to pick up a cousin and saw an actor from an SBS tv show that i could not name.
I still went up to them and told them that i enjoyed their work
They were pleased and said thanks
Have you ever had a brush with a celebrity in person?
Who?

I saw Mick Malloy in a club once on my birthday. My mate was talking to him & as I walked up to her I said in my inebriated state, "Oooo famous famous famous!" He called me c u next Tuesday & walked off. :D the same night a channel 7 sports reader in Perth (Basil Zemplas) asked me if I knew anyone who had e's for sale. wtf? I was like err.. no? 30 minutes later he obviously found some & was gurning off his face in the middle of the dance floor. He was on telethon the next morning & we were howling with laughter at the state of him on tv.

I met Kool & the Gang when I was working for the Funk Club & had to pick them up from the airport & take them to their hotel. Then picked them up, took them to their gig at Perth Zoo.. back to the hotel, then back to the airport the next day. They all had walking sticks & were quite demanding, crotchety, sleazy old men but when they got on stage, they sang & danced like 20 year olds. Met Norman Jay (DJ MBE) for the same reasons, different gig. Absolutely lovely lovely man. A few more international dj's for the same reason (airport runs, gigs etc). None very memorable.. usually very demanding & a pain in the arse with highly inflated ego's. Seriously... you play other peoples records. Chill out.

I met Rick Astley back in 1989/90? when he came to Perth. He was really cool & was happy to hear someone with the same accent as his. I'd only been in Oz for 2 years. (we come from pretty much the same place)

But my most memorable claim to fame was meeting Roland Gift (Lead singer from Fine Young Cannibals) when he ran over my foot when I was 16 in Blackpool. He jumped out of his car & asked me if I was ok & took my phone number & rang my Mum to check if I was ok 3 more times that week. He sent me 2 x posters, a t-shirt & some cd's in the mail. Shame I wasn't a fine young cannibals fan...

I saw Mick Malloy in a club once on my birthday. My mate was talking to him & as I walked up to her I said in my inebriated state, "Oooo famous famous famous!" He called me c u next Tuesday & walked off. :D the same night a channel 7 sports reader in Perth (Basil Zemplas) asked me if I knew anyone who had e's for sale. wtf? I was like err.. no? 30 minutes later he obviously found some & was gurning off his face in the middle of the dance floor. He was on telethon the next morning & we were howling with laughter at the state of him on tv.

I met Kool & the Gang when I was working for the Funk Club & had to pick them up from the airport & take them to their hotel. Then picked them up, took them to their gig at Perth Zoo.. back to the hotel, then back to the airport the next day. They all had walking sticks & were quite demanding, crotchety, sleazy old men but when they got on stage, they sang & danced like 20 year olds. Met Norman Jay (DJ MBE) for the same reasons, different gig. Absolutely lovely lovely man. A few more international dj's for the same reason (airport runs, gigs etc). None very memorable.. usually very demanding & a pain in the arse with highly inflated ego's. Seriously... you play other peoples records. Chill out.

I met Rick Astley back in 1989/90? when he came to Perth. He was really cool & was happy to hear someone with the same accent as his. I'd only been in Oz for 2 years. (we come from pretty much the same place)

But my most memorable claim to fame was meeting Roland Gift (Lead singer from Fine Young Cannibals) when he ran over my foot when I was 16 in Blackpool. He jumped out of his car & asked me if I was ok & took my phone number & rang my Mum to check if I was ok 3 more times that week. He sent me 2 x posters, a t-shirt & some cd's in the mail. Shame I wasn't a fine young cannibals fan...

Rick Astley was dubbed 'the next Elvis' back in the late 80's
Blackpool was where i met 3 cast members of The Bill doing a promo shoot
Loved that show !

I was a driver at the Commonwealth Games in 2006. I met lots of athletes. Danced at a bar with Steve Moneghetti, drove Andrew Gaze and his wife home to Elsternwick to name two people.
Geoff Cox (Coxy's Big Break) lived two blocks away from my parents when he was at Murrumbeena High and would often walk Mum, one of his music teachers, home from school. I wasn't born then and she left Murrumbeena to have me. I bumped into him a few years ago at the golf, introduced myself and he remembered Mum and walking her home.
My biggest relation hall of fame is being several cousins removed from Gina Rinehart and I can do four degrees of separation to Kevin Bacon.[DOUBLEPOST=1453609985][/DOUBLEPOST]
Rick Astley was dubbed 'the next Elvis' back in the late 80's
Blackpool was where i met 3 cast members of The Bill doing a promo shoot
Loved that show !
I was thinking about the final episode of The Bill just the other day.

I was a driver at the Commonwealth Games in 2006. I met lots of athletes. Danced at a bar with Steve Moneghetti, drove Andrew Gaze and his wife home to Elsternwick to name two people.
Geoff Cox (Coxy's Big Break) lived two blocks away from my parents when he was at Murrumbeena High and would often walk Mum, one of his music teachers, home from school. I wasn't born then and she left Murrumbeena to have me. I bumped into him a few years ago at the golf, introduced myself and he remembered Mum and walking her home.
My biggest relation hall of fame is being several cousins removed from Gina Rinehart and I can do four degrees of separation to Kevin Bacon.[DOUBLEPOST=1453609985][/DOUBLEPOST]

I shook hands with the Reverend Jesse Jackson at LAX, Los Angeles just as he was boarding a flight and we had landed.
I was reading a book on the plane that had a pic of him on the balcony moments after Martin Luther King was assassinated, yet forgot to bring this up
I remember he had a mobile phone that was tinier than any i had seen to date.
Gina Rinehart is tough with money, even with respect to her kids' allowances
Unsure if you will be a billionaire when her will is read out in some lawyer's office in the distant future.

I am also 4 degrees from Kevin Bacon.

You should hit up cuz for a loan haha. Maybe if allllll the first and second and third etc cousins die as well as her kids etc you might inherit her fortune! Well you can dream anyway.

The Weeknd and Bella Hadid were staying at the same hotel as me in New York last year. I used to have breakfast at the table next to them. This was before they were "official" on SM and before The Weeknd had released "Can't Feel My Face".

I accidentally walked in on Cathy Freeman's first wedding reception - my family were dining at the venue and I got disorientated returning from the bathroom.

The Weeknd and Bella Hadid were staying at the same hotel as me in New York last year. I used to have breakfast at the table next to them. This was before they were "official" on SM and before The Weeknd had released "Can't Feel My Face".

I accidentally walked in on Cathy Freeman's first wedding reception - my family were dining at the venue and I got disorientated returning from the bathroom.

i was in a pub in the Northern Territory when Cathy Freeman walked in, in a noticeable huff n puff.
She asked the barkeep for a glass of iced water.
Unbeknownst to her, the barman was a racist.
He says:
"Sorry luv, the closest pub that sells iced water is ten minutes up the road"
and Cathy Freeman says:
"But i,m Cathy Freeman, Australian of the Year and 2000 Olympics Gold Medal Sprinter !"
The barman looks amazed and says:
"Really? Then you will make it to that pub in five minutes!"

Although I wasn't there, in Febaury last year my sister met one direction through the make a wish program. The only times I've met celebrities where when I saw Stacey from BB at the block 2013 inspection, I also met the cast if that series if the block, I met reggie in August last year, I've met some news reporters like Helen Kapolousa and Dougle Beety. I've met dan and Dani from the block. And I also met Omar Dean at a fundraiser I participated in. And I also saw Ben from Masterchef at Melbourne airport. So yeah I've only ever met grade Z celebrities whilst my lucky son of b**** sister met 1D and Ed Sheeran!

mmmmmmmm - Have Met a Few - and have Brushed a Few ;)
Who? Not Telling You - AS I AM DEAD TO YOU :tongue::tongue:
HAHA - If you are, who you portray to be - write my story, OK?

I have met many through winning tickets to celeb parties

Danni Minogue (Um hello) lol
Scott Major (Actor)
Dicko (Aust Idol Judge)
Larry Emdur (Morning Show Ch 7)
Tim Bailey (Weatherman)
Tim & Rosco (Radio hosts)
Quindon Tarver (sang "When Doves Cry" for the movie "Romeo & Juliet")
Jay Laga'aia (Actor)
Peter Moon (Comedian)

There are more but don't wanna brag too much :p I haven't just seen these people, I actually met and chatted with them.

Dicko was the nicest/friendliest.:happy:

Oh how could I forget meeting Gillian Anderson (X-files). She was lovely. Oh and Stefan Dennis (Neighbours) was extremely nice, chatty. Met other Neighbours stars but they were boring as batshit. Jeannie Little was an absolute darling and although I was only 13yrs old at the time, was more than happy to chat away with me.

Hehe me bragging some more. :shamefully:

P.S ok try not to brag anymore because there are some more.

I used to work at channel 9's appealathon either out at channel 9 here in Perth, or later at the appealathon ball when I was in venturers/rovers.

So basically pick a channel 9 star from the 1983 to 1994 and I've met them. Also Molly Meldrum and I got within 20 feet of Michael Jackson when he was here as the "imported star" for telethon with channel 7.

I've also had breakfast with the Queen. (Along with 30 000 other people...) when she visited Perth last time. I was only about 10 feet away from her during the meet and greet at that time. She's quite tiny in real life.

No no
Oh how could I forget meeting Gillian Anderson (X-files). She was lovely. Oh and Stefan Dennis (Neighbours) was extremely nice, chatty. Met other Neighbours stars but they were boring as batshit. Jeannie Little was an absolute darling and although I was only 13yrs old at the time, was more than happy to chat away with me.

Hehe me bragging some more. :shamefully:

P.S ok try not to brag anymore because there are some more.

No no. Jeannie Little was an absolute darrrrllliiinnngggg

Back