Skip to main content

Blasts From BB Past

Vesna's comic timing and improv was astounding. I have no idea why skwarking idiots like Stacey get picked up and Vesna didn't.

[video=youtube_share;Kxtc-tQy7jY]http://youtu.be/Kxtc-tQy7jY[/video]

Oh how I miss the old BB :(

Could not stand Emma or her shadow, Aleisha. Zach was overtly camp acting (was not himself) and Daniela was ok I guess - not very memorable. My favourite was Travis. I wanted him to win from Day One. At least he came third......better than nothing.

Personally, Travis was pretty cool and probably a dream to live with because he was so nice and caring but I can't remember anything memorable he did to be honest!

This thread has filled me with nostalgia. I've been watching old episodes on YouTube and gee this years contestants (and even last years, from what I can remember) have it so easy in comparison. The people in the early years especially just seem so...normal too. Like people you'd know in real life. Recently they've been these almost surreal characters. I love the conversations that they had in early years too. This years conversations sound almost like year 8 concersations. The most risqué they get is 'who would you date in the house if you were single.'

I dunno what I was doing during 2008 because I honest to god forgot it even existed until a week or two ago. I thought 07 was the last series of the Ten era for some reason, then it all started coming back to me. Terry, Rima, Travis, Dixie (can't believe how I forgot her considering she's in my avatar). It was a freak show of a season. The theme song should've been the HM's singing "gooble gobble one of us".

I always think of 07 as the last season of the 10 era too. I remember 08 vaguely, I didn't think it was that bad as it was one of the first seasons I rewatched (started from the bottom) but as I watched the other seasons it was pretty bad in comparison to the others. The hosts were bad, I hated the stage, the house was one of the ugliest, the diary room was nasty and it was confusing. I remember that stupid show when they had to dig for something in the backyard and I think that was when I realised that 08 had hit rock bottom. The casting was ridiculous too, they went for stereotypes (midget, Aboriginal, blonde bimbo, grandma etc) instead of interesting people. It had some good moments and some clever twists but it was a bit of a fail :\

Edit: Oh my god and does anyone remember that magician that came into the house and the housemates had to act as if the magic was real!? WOW THAT WAS EMBARRASSING.

When Carson came into the house that was pretty stupid too

BB season 1-8 The Best Bits compilation

[video=youtube;ZhJ35CVcPes]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhJ35CVcPes[/video]

The best bits of Fitzy

[video=youtube;38Fi6C8qMBo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Fi6C8qMBo[/video]

Fryzie, as he was in the house, was one of my favourite HMs ever. Such a pity that he became an unfunny, forced, cheesy hack on FNL later on. The fault of producers, perhaps? Either way, it took a bit of the shine off him IMO.

I always think of 07 as the last season of the 10 era too. I remember 08 vaguely, I didn't think it was that bad as it was one of the first seasons I rewatched (started from the bottom) but as I watched the other seasons it was pretty bad in comparison to the others. The hosts were bad, I hated the stage, the house was one of the ugliest, the diary room was nasty and it was confusing. I remember that stupid show when they had to dig for something in the backyard and I think that was when I realised that 08 had hit rock bottom. The casting was ridiculous too, they went for stereotypes (midget, Aboriginal, blonde bimbo, grandma etc) instead of interesting people. It had some good moments and some clever twists but it was a bit of a fail :\

Edit: Oh my god and does anyone remember that magician that came into the house and the housemates had to act as if the magic was real!? WOW THAT WAS EMBARRASSING.

When Carson came into the house that was pretty stupid too

I hated '08, it was a train-wreck from beginning to end. There was just so much wrong with the series - everything that you said, plus over-use of gimmicks & "celebrity" houseguests, and that stupid "twist" where they were each given a suitcase with $$$ and had to hand it over to a fellow hm when they were evicted...and in any case the winner ended up with all of the $$$ by default. What a stupid, pointless non-twist. And yes I remember the "magician" - he was a hypnotist. Having been hypnotised on stage myself (yes it works if you don't fight it and have an open mind) I won't go as far as saying it was 100% bullshit...but for the same reason, it was easy to tell who was faking by the smiling, over-acting, opening eyes when instructed not to etc

I was reflecting on Fryzie's time in the house and remembered Bree's unmistakable attraction to him.
He was not interested and didn't lead Bree up the garden path or take advantage of "what was available in the house".
Ed could have learnt a lot from him (both footballers too - hmmm)
Jade could have also learnt a bit about self restraint from watching Bree too.

I was reflecting on Fryzie's time in the house and remembered Bree's unmistakable attraction to him.
He was not interested and didn't lead Bree up the garden path or take advantage of "what was available in the house".
Ed could have learnt a lot from him (both footballers too - hmmm)
Jade could have also learnt a bit about self restraint from watching Bree too.

Im sure Bree shudders about that...hahaha.

Personally, Travis was pretty cool and probably a dream to live with because he was so nice and caring but I can't remember anything memorable he did to be honest!

But what.about his voice!! More weirder than Ben 2013.

I rewatched 07 a little while back and the only thing I can really remember Travis doing was blowing all the shopping money one week on steaks and sausages

I rewatched 07 a little while back and the only thing I can really remember Travis doing was blowing all the shopping money one week on steaks and sausages

I recall him doing a 10-second fart in the spa, and regularly announcing his bowel movements & describing them afterwards :S

I recall him doing a 10-second fart in the spa, and regularly announcing his bowel movements & describing them afterwards :S

wrong travis lol.

Yeah, I know - I'm totally confused. I we speaking about the real occre Travis from 2007 or the Travis from 2008 with that horrible high pitched voice?

Perry's fall from '06:

[video=youtube;k3OwLMnn2-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3OwLMnn2-o[/video]

I really wished they had sent Josh (2012) back in as an intruder this year. Would have been better to see him then what we got.

Any footage of the time Gretel came into the house (not sure why or what series..some challenge) and slipped? lol

Back