Skip to main content

Big Brother VIP set to launch in 2021 featuring some of Australia’s biggest celebrities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also rumoured: Omarosa from Celeb Apprentice US:

TV Tonight also hears former US Apprentice firebrand Omarosa Manigault Newman (who became a political aide to President Trump) is also a possible starter.

Also rumoured: Omarosa from Celeb Apprentice US:

TV Tonight also hears former US Apprentice firebrand Omarosa Manigault Newman (who became a political aide to President Trump) is also a possible starter.
Oh I don't buy this at all, she'd hardly be considered a "ratings-puller" for an Australian demographic. And considering the backlash received about other imports, I somehow doubt Seven are shelling out even more money for overseas guests when there's plenty of local celebs who are more than sufficient for this series.

However! In saying that, at least Omarosa makes more sense than somebody like Katie. Omarosa also famously participated in the first ever Celebrity Big Brother US back in 2018, placing fifth. She is at least familiar with a version of the game and understands how to play it.

Omarosa was actually quite likeable on that US Celeb BB, and clever
She is bonkers in a good way
Her first tv appearance Apprentice, she was hilariously awful
Jenner is another right wing wanker
So they are bound to have a wild leftie to argue

Any other cast reveals?

Any other cast reveals?
I'm surprised no one here has mentioned Neil Patrick Harris.

There was a report that apparently Seven asked him to do Big Brother instead, after AGT was cancelled, so he didn't waste his trip out here. This is despite the fact there's been zero evidence he ever landed in Australia to begin with. According to his social media, he's been actively out and about in the US for months.

Another very loose cast speculation, in my opinion. Add in those rumoured Jersey Shore or whatever celebs too, there's no way this many overseas guests get involved in shows like this at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic.

Reactions: kxk
Quick recap of rumoured list so far from various sources:

- Omarosa
- Neil Patrick Harris
- Jessika Power
- Jax (Vanderpump Rules)
- Caitlyn Jenner

Oh I don't buy this at all, she'd hardly be considered a "ratings-puller" for an Australian demographic. And considering the backlash received about other imports, I somehow doubt Seven are shelling out even more money for overseas guests when there's plenty of local celebs who are more than sufficient for this series.

However! In saying that, at least Omarosa makes more sense than somebody like Katie. Omarosa also famously participated in the first ever Celebrity Big Brother US back in 2018, placing fifth. She is at least familiar with a version of the game and understands how to play it.

Apparently some of the budget for AGT being directed into BBVIP to get big names. I think that was on TV Tonight.

I'm surprised no one here has mentioned Neil Patrick Harris.

There was a report that apparently Seven asked him to do Big Brother instead, after AGT was cancelled, so he didn't waste his trip out here. This is despite the fact there's been zero evidence he ever landed in Australia to begin with. According to his social media, he's been actively out and about in the US for months.

Another very loose cast speculation, in my opinion. Add in those rumoured Jersey Shore or whatever celebs too, there's no way this many overseas guests get involved in shows like this at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic.
I don’t think NPH would do it.

I don't know who she is, by all accounts she's some right-wing troll who says despicable things and is irrelevant. Not worth wasting my time knowing anything more.

Same. I've heard her name vaguely over the years, never in a good way, but I just figured she was someone mouthy, was maybe on tv talk show with Janet Street-Porter...

I am glad, even if they are getting it wrong, that Seven/Shine are looking further afield than Oh my god, it's Chad, last years winner! and here's so-and-so from Love Island, and old mate from the AFL! There'll probably be a bit/a lot of that sort of casting, but I'd like some interesting conversations and confrontations in the house.

Already at the airport, hahaha.

Wow. I thought they would make her complete the 14 day lockdown and test negative before she'd be allowed back on a flight. But The UK's got slack restrictions I guess.

Did she go full Karen and scream I'm a celebrity, get me out of here!?

Wouldn't want to be sitting next to her on a flight. Ugh! Shudder.

It's not a good look for seven to be getting, or trying to get all these international people, especially considering all the stuff about border closures.

And even more so if those international arrivals are bigots.

It's not a good look for seven to be getting, or trying to get all these international people, especially considering all the stuff about border closures.
It doesn't impact flight caps at all, and their hotel quarantine is sourced and funded privately, so no harm done.

There's more flexibility in the border "closures" than most are aware of.

I’m sad now, Katie Hopkins would’ve made great TV. I know she’s a terrible influence.. that’s kinda the point of why she was casted. If you’re forking out big $ for celebrities, they may as well be celebrities who have the highest likelihood to return a nice amount of publicity from their casting.

I don’t agree with her flouting the quarantine rules especially during the delta outbreak but you really can’t deny she is brilliant viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back