Skip to main content

Big Brother VIP set to launch in 2021 featuring some of Australia’s biggest celebrities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven may have really dug themselves a hole with this one.

The amount of press surrounding Katie and Caitlyn's arrivals is overwhelming, and at the worst possible time for Australia given our current situation. It was even discussed live at today's Victorian COVID presser.

"Any publicity is good publicity" but Seven have already turned a lot of people off the new series - not to mention, making the Big Brother brand look even worse in this country. Good work.

I still don't know who Katie Hopkins is and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

I get the feeling she's just an idiot and people are overreacting as if she's a dangerous threat. Which in turn gives her more legitimacy with racists and other terrible people.

Confirmed: Katie is being sent back home. It’s been revealed she was also contracted to Shine, rather than Seven directly.

What still baffles me about the rumoured cast for VIP so far is how non-complimentary it is to Seven’s last two seasons of Big Brother. You’d think they’re choosing contestants based on the traditional, CBB UK style show where personalities and social commentary would mean more. Not for a physical competition.

It just makes no sense and further pushes the notion that Seven really have no idea what kind of show they want their Big Brother to be.

Whether or not you believe that Katie’s opinions renders her ineligible to enter a television competition or not, I found it interesting that the article states that she wasn’t taking the spot of a returning Australian. It was a spot paid for under the special visa and is above and beyond the numbers for returning Australians. Whether or not that is fair is up for discussion, but interesting that her arrival didn’t prevent an Australian coming home.

She GORN.

I still don't know who Katie Hopkins is and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

I get the feeling she's just an idiot and people are overreacting as if she's a dangerous threat. Which in turn gives her more legitimacy with racists and other terrible people.

Well saying you'll breach quarantine rules, joking or not, classifies her as a dangerous threat for that alone imo.

She GORN.

Apparently being a "celebrity" is a critical skill.

Axing people like Katie Hopkins is not good enough Channel 7 - you should not be hiring them in the first place. Giving a platform to racists should never be a part of a "family friendly" reality show, and given the way the show is edited now I see little reason to deliberately cast "controversial" characters.

I just hope the contract though is weighted in Channel 7's favour so she doesn't get a payday out of it because if she does I suspect she knew exactly what she was doing.

Channel Seven has form when it comes to racists: Prue McSween, Samantha Armytage, not to mention Sonia Kruger. And also, Ben Roberts-Smith an executive for Seven QLD, is fighting a defamation case after being accused of war crimes in Afghanistan in the media. Says a lot about the network's political leanings really.

I'm quite disappointed. I've heard she's quite a despicable cunt, but I have no idea who she is and what she does/did, and wanted to see for myself.

Like this line from Barnaby Joyce:

“If you want to do that, pack your bongo and get out of the country!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back