Skip to main content

Big Brother VIP set to launch in 2021 featuring some of Australia’s biggest celebrities

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBAUQUEEN

What do you all think of the next Big Brother VIP for this year? Article below
Big Brother’s game keeps getting bigger.

The Seven Network today announced it has commissioned a special event series of the international mega-hit format – Big Brother VIP – which will debut on Australian screens later this year.

With the 2021 season of Big Brother set to kick off on Channel 7 and 7plus soon, today’s announcement underlines the success of the enduring and globally popular brand.

Big Brother VIP will be hosted by Sonia Kruger and feature some of Australia’s best-known celebrities, removed from the world they know and locked away in an all-new Big Brother house.

Sure to keep Australia guessing, the stars of Big Brother VIP will be announced soon.

The series will be produced for Seven by Endemol Shine Australia.

Seven Network Programming Director, Angus Ross, said: “The new season of Big Brother looks fantastic. We can’t wait for Australia to meet this year’s amazing collection of housemates and to start discovering the many surprises and twists we have built into the show.

“With anticipation for the new season building, the time is right to commission Big Brother VIP.

“The celebrity format is a proven success around the world. It was a hit here in Australia almost two decades ago and we’re looking forward to introducing a whole new generation of celebrities to Big Brother. Let the game begin,” he said.

Endemol Shine Australia CEO, Peter Newman, said: “We were thrilled to be able to bring the new Big Brother to life on the Seven Network last year.

“Across last year’s season and the upcoming 2021 season, over 40 everyday housemates have had a chance to play Big Brother’s game.

“We now welcome a host of celebrities to a brand-new house, seal them off from society and see who can survive the twists, turns and surprises that Big Brother has waiting inside.

“Who will win? Australia will decide.”

I honestly thought this was an early April Fool’s joke when I saw this thread, but it indeed appears legitimate:

No word on where they might be relocating to though. Wonder where the new house is being built?

Already seeing criticism for the initial title of Big Brother VIP, which I tend to agree with. While the celebrity version of the brand has been called VIP in some European countries, wouldn’t it just make more sense to officially name it Celebrity Big Brother?

The latter also makes the show a little more obvious what it is, which is likely to subsequently peak the interest of general or non-regular viewers.

Hopefully they ditch the VIP subheading during production, like they did when they intially called last season Revolution, and revert back to the better known CBB umbrella.

Ha... and the rumour mill has already started. :rolleyes:

“Seven announce celebrity version of Big Brother with speculation that a Hemsworth and Jackson Warne could join”​

Ha, even Luke Hemsworth is too high profile for an “Australian Celebrity” show.

Wish production patched things up with Tim Dormer, that’d at least be entertaining.

Posted on the BB Instagram too.

When they say Celebrities though is it like
Z list ones that no one knows about that might have a small following cos they DJed once in Campbeltown.

I wonder why these "celebrities" would put themselves through the pain of those hideous tasks?
More instagrams likes?
And lets face it ... celebrities is going to be suuccchhhhhhhh a stretch.

I wonder why these "celebrities" would put themselves through the pain of those hideous tasks?
More instagrams likes?
And lets face it ... celebrities is going to be suuccchhhhhhhh a stretch.
Rather more big brother than less big brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back