Skip to main content

Big Brother US 2015: #BBTakeover premieres Jun 24th

Pick the US one, it's cleaner. Personally, I'd like to see new players (although bringing in some international players would be fun, too).
I'm actually not really fazed by swearing and all that, it's what some people do, that's normal and that life... I'll be basing my decision on how each shows theme and twist turns out.

Pick the US one, it's cleaner. Personally, I'd like to see new players (although bringing in some international players would be fun, too).

Pretty sure we get "new players" every year, unless you mean something else by that.

Both formats have their pros and cons. I find both enjoyable. By the time I'm finished with the international format (usually, UK, AU, or Israel), I'm usually ready for something different, and BBUS always arrives to satisfy that.

Pretty sure we get "new players" every year, unless you mean something else by that.

Both formats have their pros and cons. I find both enjoyable. By the time I'm finished with the international format (usually, UK, AU, or Israel), I'm usually ready for something different, and BBUS always arrives to satisfy that.

We don't always get "new players" every year. One season was complete "All-Stars", and another had four players come back as "coaches" (who later, themselves, became players). One "couples" season (14, I believe it was) had a number of returning players (that was the season Rachel Reilly won).

We still get new players every year. What you're saying is you don't want any returning players playing with the new players.

To which I'd say it depends. Some seasons with returning players have been quite good; some have been awful. It all depends on how Grodner decides to manipulate the power balance for the umpteenth time.

Also, what's with the quotation marks all over the place? I'm not really sure those are appropriate for what you're talking about.

House tour confirmed for Monday (it'll be the same as always), we might get pictures imminently, with HGs to be revealed Tuesday (I think). Also the second part of the "premiere" will actually be the first eviction show.

Definately a cast related twist this year then considering they had to "rewind" a week last year to keep the series going long enough with 16 starters, and this year they've got 2 less.

Definately a cast related twist this year then considering they had to "rewind" a week last year to keep the series going long enough with 16 starters, and this year they've got 2 less.

As much as I hate returning players it could be interesting if they had returning players move in to a secret room for the first week... Then have "America" vote two of them back in to the house... It would essentially "reset" the game without actually repeating anything...

They'd never do it with newbies but I can't see why it couldn't be returning players... I mean newbies are already at a disadvantage when there are veterans playing the game anyways... Having veterans enter a "week" late actually gives the rest of the house an upper hand... I could also see it shaking up house dynamics in the second week...

All that said this really is just a pipe dream... Chances are we'll have a returning evictee and at least one reset... I'd hope with less HM's this year that they'd ditch the fast forward eviction however we'll likely have one of those as well...

I agree - although I think they'll get rid of 2 of the newbies then bring in 4 returning HGs, giving them the 16 that'll fit on the memory wall.

Twist has been announced - it's a bit shit and non-commital, though it could turn out great like the similar Celebrity Hijack from BBUK a few years back now.
“This summer’s ‘BB Takeover’ twist will feature a surprise guest each week who will appear on the show to announce a new twist into the game. Expecting the unexpected will be taken to new heights as Houseguests attempt to stay in the game amid the ever-changing twists that shake up life inside the house on a weekly basis. A special guest will appear on each night of the two-night premiere and reveal twists that could affect the cast and viewers.”

I could see that happen. Here's The Late Late Show host James Corden doing it in 2008:

He could easily do it again.

Back