Skip to main content

"Big Brother" UK: Timebomb

I think Danny and Sarah are the whitewashed version of Ashley and Helen ... but Sarah has it over Danny in the smarts department ...

CONNOE?

favourites at the moment for me ... Chloe, Harriet, Nick, Sarah

still working them out : Danny, Aaron

not that concerned with: Jack, Eileen, the SugarSisters ..oops I mean the Twins ... whatever their names are (why do we need yet another set of twins/sisters ... been there done that ... boring!!! they left such a great impression on me I couldn't remember who I was missing from my list and had to go back a page or two to see mention made of them!)

won't be sorry to see them go: Keiran (my spidey senses are up with this guy - its not just that awful voice and being a caricature of the guy from Police Academy - there is something "off" about him for me) Jade, Adjola and Cristian

wasn't going to watch BBUK until BBCAN was finished but they had 14 hrs of blocked feeds today and then were sleeping once feeds did come back ... :|

Two things after today's daily show.
  1. "Eileen is trying not to get lipstick on her biscuit."
  2. How the hell did we go from ouija to Jade having been mentally abused as a child? Did I miss some key context? What kind of fucked up transition???

I think Danny and Sarah are the whitewashed version of Ashley and Helen ... but Sarah has it over Danny in the smarts department ...

CONNOE?

favourites at the moment for me ... Chloe, Harriet, Nick, Sarah

still working them out : Danny, Aaron

not that concerned with: Jack, Eileen, the SugarSisters ..oops I mean the Twins ... whatever their names are (why do we need yet another set of twins/sisters ... been there done that ... boring!!! they left such a great impression on me I couldn't remember who I was missing from my list and had to go back a page or two to see mention made of them!)

won't be sorry to see them go: Keiran (my spidey senses are up with this guy - its not just that awful voice and being a caricature of the guy from Police Academy - there is something "off" about him for me) Jade, Adjola and Cristian

wasn't going to watch BBUK until BBCAN was finished but they had 14 hrs of blocked feeds today and then were sleeping once feeds did come back ... :|

Love your sugar sisters reverence

what's with making Nick nominate face to face BEFORE everyone else votes ... if they do it that way every week it leaves him vulnerable to revenge voting from the other HG's right away ... at least if he did it last the other HGs can't nominate him right away and have a week to cool off and find other issues to nominate for ...

I predict Jack will turn into this year's Wolfy.

Just give it time.
Yeah. I've sorta got my suspicion he'll piss people off, he seems to have an attitude about women. Only a matter of time until he spews something nasty.[DOUBLEPOST=1431844076][/DOUBLEPOST]
what's with making Nick nominate face to face BEFORE everyone else votes ... if they do it that way every week it leaves him vulnerable to revenge voting from the other HG's right away ... at least if he did it last the other HGs can't nominate him right away and have a week to cool off and find other issues to nominate for ...
Yeah. I'd say it was for the live show. I hope. Now adjora and the girl are targets for noms, scapegoat.

Yeah. I've sorta got my suspicion he'll piss people off, he seems to have an attitude about women.
I couldn't tell if that shot of him at the start of Friday's show just staring when the women were working out was editing, or of it really played out like that. If did, that was fucking weird.

Two things after today's daily show.
  1. "Eileen is trying not to get lipstick on her biscuit."
  2. How the hell did we go from ouija to Jade having been mentally abused as a child? Did I miss some key context? What kind of fucked up transition???
I didn't get that at all ... from what I could understand from her mumblings though it was as if her family were accusing her of being into all that stuff and wouldn't believe she wasn't ... but that's hardly abusive
I think she's just an attention seeker
The crap that comes out of her mouth - the "self appreciation" is way beyond belief
and what was the crap about if you are a good person everything will work out for you in life - and Eileen immediately asked "but what about those people in Nepal then? " and unbelievably she quickly turned it back to being all about herself being a good person and everything will turn out well for her in life.
I really have no time for her and I think her little dramatics got a reaction she wasn't prepared to back up with any substance - hence the "don't want to talk about it"
if you don't want to talk about it - you don't utter the words "i was abused as a child" - you utter the words "i don't want to talk about it" and end it there

watch for yourself
starts at about 10.35 ...
she says she doesn't like it ... then says she was mentally abused as a child for years ... accused of doing it but I never did ... all sorts of weird stuff ... they thought I was doing it at home and stuff ...and it just fkd me up for years

she's talking about a ouiji board - its as if she doesn't like mucking around with that stuff so she's come up with what she thinks is a good reason to stop them doing it because it scares her ... but then when questioned - she's really really sketchy

I just love Eileen's reaction - whilst Sarah and Chloe rush over to comfort her Eileen walks away to grab some more food ... sits down and just watches but maybe its the botox but she doesn't look like she feels anything for Jade - maybe she thinks its a bit of bs too - she's much more into eating her biscuit than showing any real concern or offering comfort

Yeah. I've sorta got my suspicion he'll piss people off, he seems to have an attitude about women. Only a matter of time until he spews something nasty.

I think its all a front - he says he's not that interested but since on the attractive scale he's not exactly up there physically, mentally or financially ... he talked of a gambling habit - that everyone knows about ...if the ladies aren't flocking to him he's playing Mr Cool and telling everyone he doesn't want them anyway ... massive bs

trouble with this guy winning - the ladies MIGHT flock to him suddenly and they'll only stay til the money runs out - and with a gambling habit it isn't going to last long ... so its a downhill spiral from the heady Winner of BBUK finale really for someone like that

I'm too cynical - maybe it WOULD change his life and maybe he WOULD find someone who genuinely cares about him and isn't interested in helping him spend his winnings ...

I mean - the tooth fairy is real isn't she?

lxtyPz3.gif

She is Adjudging you

Yeah, I agree. It also means that there could be a slight element of collusion.

Yeah. I've sorta got my suspicion he'll piss people off, he seems to have an attitude about women. Only a matter of time until he spews something nasty.

Definitely. I feel like he's already said some borderline questionable things, and after he gets more comfortable a lot worse will come out. And I mean, he wore a trilby into the house. Typical fat douchebag headgear.

I'm here for the inevitable Wolfy style meltdown for Jack. The pressure of being the early favourite - having everybody tell him how deserving and wonderful he is and how he's going to win is going to get to him eventually. This series still has weeks to go. He's been built up too early, and the audience will be ready to pounce at the first sign of a flaw. They've already painted a picture of what he should be without even knowing who he is, and inevitably when they find out he's not exactly what they imagined he would be, they'll be ready to tear him down or discard him completely. What exactly has he done to be so beloved so quickly? He appears to be a relatively nice person, but then again so do a number of other housemates - why shouldn't they not also be considered contenders for the win? Nobody has been there long enough or has done enough to win at this stage. It pisses me off that all of them have counted themselves out already and have accepted Jack as the rightful and deserving winner. NO! If I was there, I'd be nominating Jack each and every week until his immunity passes have been used up. I wish they'd at least TRY to win, rather than make things even easier for Jack. The fact that everybody thinks he should win after only a few days makes me want him to lose even more. A Wolfy style meltdown would be AMAZING.

I must say though that the housemates this year are almost TOO likeable (by BBUK standards, anyway) - everybody is getting along relatively well so far and nobody is TRULY vile. It's refreshing to not have such a hostile house for once, and to see people's characters unravel without a cloud of misery hanging over everything. Compare this first week to the first week of the last series where we already had a house divide and several figures of hatred in Pauline, Helen, Steven and Tamara. The first eviction is next week though, and I have no clue who should get turfed out first.

What exactly has he done to be so beloved so quickly?

He's beloved because he's fat and ugly and because he's come across as "pure" and "innocent". He hasn't actually done anything. It frustrates me though because the second I saw his stupid face come up on his VT I knew that this was going to happen. I don't even think people like him, it's just they feel sorry for him and rather than actually own up to the fact that they pity him they just talk about how much they love him to make themselves feel better.

If I was there, I'd be nominating Jack each and every week until his immunity passes have been used up. I wish they'd at least TRY to win, rather than make things even easier for Jack.

Same and same.

I wonder if i'm the only person who's really liking Joel? haha

If nick was smart he should have just nominated Jack and either Danny or Harriet, because he should know no one else will vote for them after they have just seen they were the top 3 favorites. Instead hes pretty much guaranteed two votes this week.

I dont think Jake will win, if theres one things avid big brother viewers hate, its an early favorite. I dont think we will be seeing Jake on the highlight show for quite a while.

Definitely. I feel like he's already said some borderline questionable things, and after he gets more comfortable a lot worse will come out. And I mean, he wore a trilby into the house. Typical fat douchebag headgear.

"He swings the normal way."

Ugh. Get him out.

I wonder if i'm the only person who's really liking Joel? haha

I'm really enjoying Joel. He's a nice counter to some of the others, and comes across as quite normal comparatively. His banter with Aaron is cute, and even his pissing Aaron off is fun to watch. He also seems willing to engage in the tasks and with his other housemates rather than actively isolating himself. I hope he lasts for a while. We need personalities like his or else we end up with a house like last year, where every single personality is like every single personality, and everyone hates everyone else.

one thing with Joel - if he is serious in wanting a career in politics wtf is he doing on BB?! Doesn't he realise that throughout his public life things he says during his time in the house will always come back to bite him on the bum?
and if he DOES realise this and is keeping himself in check 24/7 because of that - then he cannot be showing his whole self?

and for that reason I'm suspicious of him

however I like when he tries to engage in conversations with other HG's - but would love to see a meltdown and the real unfettered Joel released :)[DOUBLEPOST=1431908971][/DOUBLEPOST]ps will have to google Wolfy and see what you are all talking about :)

To be fair, there have been politicians in (Celebrity) Big Brother, they're just more controversial ones like George Galloway who are really so eccentric sometimes it doesn't come across as odd that they're doing Big Brother. Or maybe celebrity culture in the UK is just far and away different from that of the U.S., where I am.

But Joel is a conservative politician, IIRC. And you don't see many conservative politicians pining to be on Big Brother... At least none that I can recall. I think maybe he's just more willing to engage with odd/new things (see: tanning with the twins). That might be more of a generational gap between older Tories and young.

I'm surprised at how much I'm warming to Nick. His launch VT was obviously a very biased representation of him and he's really not the sort of person they painted him out to be, which everyone on the Launch BotS panel insisted was the real Nick - except for Michelle Visage. She absolutely hit the nail on the head with her prediction of who he really is.

Back