Skip to main content

"Big Brother" UK: Timebomb

There is just no respect at all from the crowd for the housemates (or indeed the viewers). Even if they're genuinely a villian of the show (which most of the time they're not) they still deserve a bit of respect for putting themselves in their for the entertainment of others, and also everyone deserves the chance to put their side of the story across in the interview.

It's one of the reasons I just don't watch anymore and I really think the crowd should have been ditched years ago. When the only atmosphere they add is a bad one they're just not needed - a smaller, more respectful, studio audience would add so much more to the show.

There is just no respect at all from the crowd for the housemates (or indeed the viewers). Even if they're genuinely a villian of the show (which most of the time they're not) they still deserve a bit of respect for putting themselves in their for the entertainment of others, and also everyone deserves the chance to put their side of the story across in the interview.

It's one of the reasons I just don't watch anymore and I really think the crowd should have been ditched years ago. When the only atmosphere they add is a bad one they're just not needed - a smaller, more respectful, studio audience would add so much more to the show.

I agree. No matter how evil the housemate is here the Australian crowd have never booed a housemate. Even people like Joanne and Michelle who got 86% and 92% of the votes respectively bit cheered when they are evicted.

Johnny got boo'd. And he was somewhat shocked, he was unaware he'd nominate and then comfort the person he'd just nominated. Im pretty sure, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the AU crowd aren't allowed to boo.

But yeah adjora didn't deserve those boos. She was my fav on launch night. All in all it was a pretty bad eviction, none of the nominees deserved to go.

I'd have liked to see Jack or Keiren go. Chloe I don't mind but she's a bit boring. Danny doesn't bring much.

Whoa weren't the twins drunk!! Absolutely trashed! And they showed a new side during the debate.

I'm surprised to find myself actually liking Sarah. I didn't like her VT. I thought she'd be an aggressive argumentive nasty bitch but she actually picks her spots and says what she has to say, only when she needs to.

I cannot stand Jade. Absolutely not. She thinks she's 'it' she thinks she's special. The only thing nice about her is her glorious tits. I could have smacked her when she stood in front of Eileen (who I don't like much) in heels towering over her with her hands in the pockets of her coat being condescending. Jade I find is actually quite bitchy. For someone who claims to be free and a spiritual person, bitchy doesn't fit. Shes been a bit gloaty about the food too.

Johnny got boo'd. And he was somewhat shocked, he was unaware he'd nominate and then comfort the person he'd just nominated. Im pretty sure, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the AU crowd aren't allowed to boo.

But yeah adjora didn't deserve those boos. She was my fav on launch night. All in all it was a pretty bad eviction, none of the nominees deserved to go.

I'd have liked to see Jack or Keiren go. Chloe I don't mind but she's a bit boring. Danny doesn't bring much.

Whoa weren't the twins drunk!! Absolutely trashed! And they showed a new side during the debate.

I'm surprised to find myself actually liking Sarah. I didn't like her VT. I thought she'd be an aggressive argumentive nasty bitch but she actually picks her spots and says what she has to say, only when she needs to.

I cannot stand Jade. Absolutely not. She thinks she's 'it' she thinks she's special. The only thing nice about her is her glorious tits. I could have smacked her when she stood in front of Eileen (who I don't like much) in heels towering over her with her hands in the pockets of her coat being condescending. Jade I find is actually quite bitchy. For someone who claims to be free and a spiritual person, bitchy doesn't fit. Shes been a bit gloaty about the food too.

Oh yes sorry your right I forgot about Jonny. But yes after the first one or two series Mike Goldman started telling people off for booing. Even during Merlins eviction protest Gretel called people out for booing.

I didn't necessarily mind the booing when Adjoa left the house, but probably because I've become so accustomed to it. I had a problem when they started shouting "off, off, off" during her interview when she had said literally nothing. The crowd is just way too eager, and shouting "off" every time someone's evicted makes it lose impact and subsequently the crowd loses any credibility they had left.

Surely someone should be minding the crowd, too. It shouldn't be down to Emma to tell them to shut up all the time, especially during the interview.

So I guess there is now no chance of getting any footage of Nick and/or Jade where they are NOT together until one of them evicted. I'd been warming up to Nick recently, but after seeing him basically spend all of Friday with her and cuddling - I'm starting to think 'meh' since I don't expect to see much of anything else now until she is gone.

Adjoa looked stunning in that dress. Poor thing had to climb onto a big cannon on BOTS which wasn't an easy feat. The rumours have it she got some pussy cake for her effort which had been baked in her honour.
Crazy people. :whistling:

Woah. That was unexpected.

Nick almost completely changed his attitude towards Jade in a single day. Though I'm wondering if it's perhaps a strategy move to allow most/all of the fallout from the removal of the makeup to fall onto Jade so that his chances of being nominated are reduced...

I dont know if you do the same in Australia but here in the UK the moment someone is singled out from the rest of the house, they all of a sudden start being liked by the public. So im sorry to anyone who hates Jade but shes going to be in there for a while haha

Nick turning on Jade was part strategy and part him being a coward.

Is anyone else just really hating on Aaron with how he acts when he gets the luxury food? He screams in joy and excitement and then goes and tells everyone what hes having to eat while they are on rations???

I dont know if you do the same in Australia but here in the UK the moment someone is singled out from the rest of the house, they all of a sudden start being liked by the public. So im sorry to anyone who hates Jade but shes going to be in there for a while haha

Nick turning on Jade was part strategy and part him being a coward.
AU is generally different in that the masses vote for the house they want to live in, so the outcasts are quickly removed and the "cool group" reigns supreme. @Estelle.Landy was an exception though, she outlasted the majority of the "cool" kids in her season. Thank god.

Is anyone else just really hating on Aaron with how he acts when he gets the luxury food? He screams in joy and excitement and then goes and tells everyone what hes having to eat while they are on rations???
I dislike him, but for other reasons. I really, really hate gay men who do nothing but conform to the stereotype - which is something I'm proud to think I personally do the complete opposite of.

I dislike him, but for other reasons. I really, really hate gay men who do nothing but conform to the stereotype - which is something I'm proud to think I personally do the complete opposite of.

The thing is though, he's more or less just come out, and it always gets "worse" after coming out. I agree with you though. It almost feels a little bit put on here and there, actually.

"The housemates have been gathered on the sofas to not only learn who faces eviction, but to see the nominations unfold! Lines will open tomorrow but this is Big Brother: Timebomb and this week there will be a twist ahead of the eviction."

From the website. So I gather they've shown them all the nominations, so essentially another round of face to face nominations. It's basically rendering Nick's "nominations punishment" pointless. Also, not very keen for whatever twist that's on its way (we'll most likely only find out the full details as it happens) as I was really hoping for a normal week. Hopefully it's an exciting timebomb this time... although it seems the word 'timebomb' is almost interchangeable with the word 'twist' at this point.

The producers have no respect for the viewers, the format and most importantly the housemates with this constant nomination fixing - and it is fixing when one week you have the top 3 face eviction then the next it's anyone with 2 nominations, and then you decide after the results are in they'll be a twist. They just don't get too that face to face noms or airing the noms to the HMs detracts from the process rather than adds to it - it means HMs can't be honest with their nominations.

The constant fixes really do make the whole nomination process redundant now - being nominated seems to be in the producers hands rather than the housemates hands nowadays and the producers are so arrogant they just can't see the damage it is doing to the show. It's figures just continue to fall - it's now regularly in sub-1m territory compared to 5 years ago when it was getting just short of 3m viewers on C4.

yes they are basically teaching them from the get go NOT to be honest about nominations - but to go for what the house wants

BBUK really does 'fix' the outcome

I also think they get the crowd worked up and booing etc - whilst I found Adjoa a bit full on I wouldn't have needed to boo her on her way out of the house. It's almost like the crowd gets into a feeding frenzy ... but by the time they get down the stairs they then have to stop and pose for all the cameras waiting ... still with the boos being fired at them

I really do dislike Jade - she is fake, the whole self-love and going how with the spiritual mumbo-jumbo which from her is so fake ... and she knows very well she's leading Nick on ... he knows it too but I think he's already gone back to cuddling with her ... she was waiting for him when he came out of DR ready to pounce straight away ... he's a bit spineless really

I like Sarah - I see her trying to calm situations down at times ... Eileen was so rude to her cutting her off with "you weren't there" ... whilst I can see her point she could have said it in a much nicer way and when Sarah was miffed about it I couldn't really blame her for it - her heart was in right place - wanting to help - she wasn't barging in giving her own opinion and not listening to anyone, talking over the top of them as Harriet always does.

I can't handle Harriet. She's going to bring drama though ...

Never really liked the twins and now dislike them over their bitchiness. Yes they have issue with Jade but the way they went about it was basically only because they know they have each other as back up. Easy to be brave and tough and stand up to people when you have your twin there - hope they get divided and one has to leave very soon. Hope the HG's have to nominate the twin they want gone face to face too.

I'm surprised that no one nominated the twins over the fact that last week they didn't trust others to make a cake and leave eggs for them to have for dinner, so they took a carton and hid it in the bedroom. I honestly expected that to come up, but I guess no-one wanted to nominate them as a result of them knowing they'd be giving Jade what she wants (and right now, Jade is the 'enemy').

Everybody hates Jade now, of course, who saw that coming. Hate hate hate hate...
I've grown rather fond of her, despite her stick thighs and delusions of grandeur.
Why shouldn't she gather around her those who are willing to be her minions? Isn't that precisely how the game is played?

She's the only one who hasn't had a hissy fit or a breakdown in the form of hysterical weeping in the arms of big brother yet, or have I missed one?

Imo, Jade and Sarah are the two strong women in the house, not only in ambition, but also intelligence wise. Strangely though, the two haven't assumed the position yet where they are standing opposite each other on the battle field. Will that fight to the death come at the very end? I hope so. To get rid of either of those two prematurely would be insanity. :woot:

Back