Skip to main content

Big Brother to air on Seven in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the nine upfront, waiting to see if they say anything about BB, and they're just sitting there playing lego

I wonder if Seven will be smart and partner up with a NZ-network like TEN did back in the day for additional profits. Not only did they make money by simply selling the show to TVNZ, they also made extra money by TVNZ airing the show 21 hours or so behind Australia which meant NZ viewers were also able to vote in the eviction polls.

(As a side-note, I always loved how this was treated like a dirty little secret that NZ was voting. On-air they always had Gretel saying lines like "Australia you have voted/decided..." or opening the show with ā€œHi Australia!ā€ Even though on rare occasions it was being simulcast live in NZ. Nope! All lies!)

Nine on the otherhand sold it MediaWorks and allowed them to air the show on a massive delay over summer and literally said "no thanks" to an additional revenue stream. Clowns.

Last edited:
The block used to be good to watch when it first started now its that bad don't even bother watching it anymore.

The TV Blackbox podcast on the 9 Upfront mentioned BB on Seven... still not confirmed, allegedly will have a smaller budget per episode/will be a shorter run (4 weeks?), and it may be pushed back to April instead of Feb.

The TV Blackbox podcast on the 9 Upfront mentioned BB on Seven... still not confirmed, allegedly will have a smaller budget per episode/will be a shorter run (4 weeks?), and it may be pushed back to April instead of Feb.

Might as well not even bother bringing it back if they are going to do it on a smaller scale. 4 weeks is a joke. Either do it properly or don't do it at all.

Iā€™m taking TV Black Boxā€™s information with a grain of salt. It sounds like they enjoy the sound of their own voice and will report pretty much anything... There may still be truth in what theyā€™re saying but the truth may not be in all the details.

This is Behind Big Brother! We are all massive Big Brother fans. I think nearly all of us would rather choose to watch a rebooted Big Brother than MAFS! šŸ˜›
But MAFS is sooooo good. I love Big Brother but tbh only the Channel 10 version and CBB UK. I stopped watching when it went to Nine, although recently I've been playing Tim Dormer's season in the background.

Might as well not even bother bringing it back if they are going to do it on a smaller scale. 4 weeks is a joke. Either do it properly or don't do it at all.
Yeah four weeks is an absolute joke. The whole point of the show is that it's supposed to go for a few months.

Iā€™m taking TV Black Boxā€™s information with a grain of salt. It sounds like they enjoy the sound of their own voice and will report pretty much anything... There may still be truth in what theyā€™re saying but the truth may not be in all the details.

Agreed. Its all industry chatter being presented as news. And this was supposed to be a special podcast about Ch9 upfront and first things they talk about is BB lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back